Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #61
Mom2Will
Registered Users
seller

Re: Snowsuits/puffy coats and car seats don't mix! How to keep your kid warm AND saf

Does this apply to booster seats also or just car seats?

Advertisement

Mom2Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #62
hellorocketship
Registered Users

Re: Snowsuits/puffy coats and car seats don't mix! How to keep your kid warm AND saf

Would it be a safe assumption that if the straps are tight when the child is out of the coat, the child will be safe when inside the coat if the strap tightness is not changed? Like setting the straps correctly before putting on the coat (tightness, fit, etc.), getting the child dressed and then buckling them right back in?
hellorocketship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #63
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Will View Post
Does this apply to booster seats also or just car seats?
I believe that its for wearing seatbelts as well
Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #64
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellorocketship View Post
Would it be a safe assumption that if the straps are tight when the child is out of the coat, the child will be safe when inside the coat if the strap tightness is not changed? Like setting the straps correctly before putting on the coat (tightness, fit, etc.), getting the child dressed and then buckling them right back in?
Yep, in fact that is the go-to test if something is safe for the car seat. If you don't have to adjust the straps outward for the coat it's perfectly fine. I personally am ok with adjusting the straps slightly for a coat, so long as the material isn't very compressable. (a dense fleece, for example)

Basically so long as you're aware that big poofy things aren't recommended in car seats you're ahead of the game. It's the people who don't know and are adding an inch or more to their harness adjustment to squeeze a poofy snowsuit in under the straps (seen it done) that we worry about.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:34 PM   #65
hellorocketship
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
Yep, in fact that is the go-to test if something is safe for the car seat. If you don't have to adjust the straps outward for the coat it's perfectly fine. I personally am ok with adjusting the straps slightly for a coat, so long as the material isn't very compressable. (a dense fleece, for example)

Basically so long as you're aware that big poofy things aren't recommended in car seats you're ahead of the game. It's the people who don't know and are adding an inch or more to their harness adjustment to squeeze a poofy snowsuit in under the straps (seen it done) that we worry about.
Perfect, that's what I thought! Thank you.
hellorocketship is offline   Reply With Quote