Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #21
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help - so many clogged ducts!!

When clogged, I massaged/heat compressed/hand expressed/pumped/cabbage leave/different nursing positions etc. Just hang in there and itll improve

Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #22
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had one Bleb and two clogged ducts in my time. What worked for me was nursing like crazy (it felt like I was force feeding her - lol!) And warm compresses/massage. I was literally able to push the clog out - it was stringy and icky and my breast felt bruised, but No more pain!

Sent from my phone using DS Forum

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #23
jessnic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth
I had one Bleb and two clogged ducts in my time. What worked for me was nursing like crazy (it felt like I was force feeding her - lol!) And warm compresses/massage. I was literally able to push the clog out - it was stringy and icky and my breast felt bruised, but No more pain!

Yes! No one told me but the fat in the milk that is clogged gets nasty! My lovely doula told me that unless you can get that "boob boogie" out the clog will remain even if you express some of the gunk because that coagulated fat is still there to cause issues.

She told me to nurse on the clogged side then pump that side while the baby nursed the other if the baby didn't clear the clog. You massage the clog while nursing and and pumping. I didn't get to try this because mine cleared after I popped the blister then nursed while massaging.?
Old 10-30-2011, 10:24 PM   #24
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lol.it gives one the same level of satisfaction as popping a huge white head pimple.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote