Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
luckycharm8106
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use them on my 20 month old. I have 1 elephant print (so cute!) and I like how soft the elastic is on his legs. Really soft fleece as well. We have the one size and it fits smaller than all my other diapers, but I like it.

Advertisement

luckycharm8106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: AMP diapers

One thing I didn't like is that there are only 2 rise snaps. So on the middle setting it tends to bulk up in the middle in front and look like a little bulge. They just fit weird in general for us.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:28 PM   #13
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

What about the sized versions? How is the rise height?
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #14
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

I already commented on this thread and YDD is now potty trained but I still love these diapers.......and now my favorite AMP pocket has been passed down to a friend and she loves it too I used that thing regularly for over 3 years and it's still going strong. I never had any issues with the rise snaps on my OS. I did try the sized version and liked them but prefer the OS. The only issue I had with using these on DD as a newbie was leg leaks until she got chunkier. When I put the insert on top of the pocket like an ai2 I didn't have any issues. I found most pockets and aio's pretty unreliable during the nb stage (compared to my trusty prefolds and covers).
Old 11-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh and I think AMP is way better then AC and they had the design first.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have just recently fallen in love with amp. They are so comfy looking I love them on my girl.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #17
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs
I already commented on this thread and YDD is now potty trained but I still love these diapers.......and now my favorite AMP pocket has been passed down to a friend and she loves it too I used that thing regularly for over 3 years and it's still going strong. I never had any issues with the rise snaps on my OS. I did try the sized version and liked them but prefer the OS. The only issue I had with using these on DD as a newbie was leg leaks until she got chunkier. When I put the insert on top of the pocket like an ai2 I didn't have any issues. I found most pockets and aio's pretty unreliable during the nb stage (compared to my trusty prefolds and covers).
What made you prefer the one size vs the sized? My son has a low rise. Do these work good for that?
Old 11-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #18
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

Well actually, now that you mention it, I probably just preferred the one size because I had leaks with the size 1 when she was a newborn (just when she was new.......after she chunked up a bit they were fine and if I put the insert on top of the pocket, they were fine). So maybe I would have liked the sized as well but I didn't try the sized version in size 2. I just got OS because they worked and have a decent re-sale here. I'm not sure about the low rise.....I do know that in my local cloth diapering group there are lots of mamas who love these and they fit well on a wide variety of babies. I've heard many people say they like the way they fit on thin babies but Ainsley was a chubbers and I loved how gentle they were on her tummy and thighs.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #19
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs
Well actually, now that you mention it, I probably just preferred the one size because I had leaks with the size 1 when she was a newborn (just when she was new.......after she chunked up a bit they were fine and if I put the insert on top of the pocket, they were fine). So maybe I would have liked the sized as well but I didn't try the sized version in size 2. I just got OS because they worked and have a decent re-sale here. I'm not sure about the low rise.....I do know that in my local cloth diapering group there are lots of mamas who love these and they fit well on a wide variety of babies. I've heard many people say they like the way they fit on thin babies but Ainsley was a chubbers and I loved how gentle they were on her tummy and thighs.
They sound great! Now off to find some USA retailers that sell them with free shipping!

(there are none on the FSOT. Always a good sign
Old 11-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
They sound great! Now off to find some USA retailers that sell them with free shipping!

(there are none on the FSOT. Always a good sign
Let us know who you find! I had to order them from Canada with $9 shipping

Any other opinions on sized versus OS? I got the sized AI2's and it is throwing off my chi. All my other covers are OS.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote