Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 2,422
Re: AMP diapers

I haven't tried sized, but just sold my OS pockets. The crotch is extremely wide and the bunch terribly in the front for us, which I think could be uncomfortable for my tummy sleeping DS. The materials and quality are excellent. I *love* the hemp and bamboo inserts and kept those to use in everything else, but I prefer the fit of bumgenius and grovia.

Advertisement

meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #22
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Anyone with options about the one size vs 2 size option for amp?

How long did the size 1 work for you?

When did the one size first start working?
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #23
mariannec32's Avatar
mariannec32
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 323
My Mood:
I used the size 2 duo pockets on my son almost exclusively for 2 years. They are WONDERFUL! They fit great around his chubby legs and the elastic was string but extremely gentle. We started the size 2 (or L?) when he was around 13-14ish lbs and they fit beautifully on the smallest setting. In fact, my little guy never made it past the second snaps when he potty trained at 2.5 years. These are very generously sized so I'd imagine they would be hard to grow out of.
__________________
Marianne, mama to L. 10/28/09 and Baby E. 2/1/13

ISO: New or EUC Planetwise hanging/large wetbags, Simplex OS, bamboo prefolds.
mariannec32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #24
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariannec32
I used the size 2 duo pockets on my son almost exclusively for 2 years. They are WONDERFUL! They fit great around his chubby legs and the elastic was string but extremely gentle. We started the size 2 (or L?) when he was around 13-14ish lbs and they fit beautifully on the smallest setting. In fact, my little guy never made it past the second snaps when he potty trained at 2.5 years. These are very generously sized so I'd imagine they would be hard to grow out of.
That is awesome the large size fit so soon!
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #25
holocene's Avatar
holocene
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cair Paravel, Narnia
Posts: 1,504
Re: AMP diapers

This thread makes me want to buy several sized AMP's!
I've tried a OS, but the elastic was so shot, I don't think I gave it a fair chance.

Does anyone have any experience with the snap aios? I am really liking the way they look, and a thinking I'd like a dozen for baby 2.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #26
crunchyNurseMommy's Avatar
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by holocene
This thread makes me want to buy several sized AMP's!
I've tried a OS, but the elastic was so shot, I don't think I gave it a fair chance.

Does anyone have any experience with the snap aios? I am really liking the way they look, and a thinking I'd like a dozen for baby 2.
Was it shot bc it was used?
crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #27
croth7's Avatar
croth7
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 1,235
Re: AMP diapers

The size 2 AMP that I bought and used didn't last 6 months before the elastic was shot! I loved the fit and the colour was awesome but the quality wasn't there. I called to ask about replacement and was advised that they could send me a tutorial on how to repair it myself. I was really disappointed and haven't bought another one.

I washed the diaper in Allen's and it was line dried. My BG 3.0s that were washed the same way lasted much longer.
croth7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #28
mariannec32's Avatar
mariannec32
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 323
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by croth7
The size 2 AMP that I bought and used didn't last 6 months before the elastic was shot! I loved the fit and the colour was awesome but the quality wasn't there. I called to ask about replacement and was advised that they could send me a tutorial on how to repair it myself. I was really disappointed and haven't bought another one.

I washed the diaper in Allen's and it was line dried. My BG 3.0s that were washed the same way lasted much longer.
That's odd, the elastic in our diapers was still in great shape when I sold them off. I could see the PUL wearing out before the elastic. What a bummer! Too bad you didn't have a better experience with them.

I'm also intrigued by the AIO's. I'll need to have some day care diapers for my newbie and AMP hasn't failed me yet. I loved the pockets but I'd like something even easier this time around.
__________________
Marianne, mama to L. 10/28/09 and Baby E. 2/1/13

ISO: New or EUC Planetwise hanging/large wetbags, Simplex OS, bamboo prefolds.
mariannec32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #29
holocene's Avatar
holocene
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cair Paravel, Narnia
Posts: 1,504
Re: AMP diapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post
Was it shot bc it was used?
Yep. It was my friends who had used it for 2 years and then put it into storage for another 2. When she took it out it was fine, but putting it on LO the elastics gave out.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #30
ajbailey89's Avatar
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 5,219
My Mood:
For the person who liked amp better than ac, why is that? I love ac so I'm thinking about trying amp.
__________________
April + Stephen = Eva, Reese, and Baby 3.0 (due Nov '14)
ajbailey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.