Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #11
bamababies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Human pacifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEVmommy View Post
If someone were to call me a "human pacifier" for comfort nursing, I would likely ask them if they also thought I was a "human bottle" for nutritive nursing. Bottles and pacifiers are substitute boobs, not the other way around! This is how my body is *intended* to nurture my baby!
Well said!!!

Advertisement

My gone but not forgotten ^i^ DS T (9/06)
bamababies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
ashleyandbaby2010
Registered Users

My Mood:
I think nursing is a great way to keep baby calm. At such a young age it all they know for comfort. Stay at it! For me, nursing was a Godsend! What a convenient way to keep baby from screaming and feeling afraid or nervous. If its not bothering you then I wouldn't worry about what family says. I like some of the sweet but to the point remarks in the pp! GL
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
iwiamandaiwi
Registered Users

Sadly my husband doesn't understand this. He gets irritated with how often DS want to nurse and says that I am "spoiling him with my boobs" and that I need to let him cry so that he learns to "deal with it"...His mother fills his head with this useless crap. Luckily I know better..
Old 11-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #14
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEVmommy View Post
If someone were to call me a "human pacifier" for comfort nursing, I would likely ask them if they also thought I was a "human bottle" for nutritive nursing. Bottles and pacifiers are substitute boobs, not the other way around! This is how my body is *intended* to nurture my baby!
Amen! Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwiamandaiwi View Post
Sadly my husband doesn't understand this. He gets irritated with how often DS want to nurse and says that I am "spoiling him with my boobs" and that I need to let him cry so that he learns to "deal with it"...His mother fills his head with this useless crap. Luckily I know better..
You're a smart mama.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhomecare View Post
It is biologically normal for a baby to nurse very frequently. Our society gets stuck on this every 2-3 hours thing when that is not how breastfeeding is supposed to be.
I feel like I just took a breath of fresh air! It is so nice to hear this from another Mama! It seems like all of my friends are like "Whoa! Your baby nurses 10-12x per day?! That is WAY too much!" and I'm constantly feeling like I have to (silently) defend myself. I don't want to get into an argument over how often I should feed my baby. It makes me feel so bad, even though I know that what I'm doing is normal (just not in our culture) and what my baby needs... ugh. So frustrating to always be fighting misinformation.

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 11-03-2011 at 01:37 PM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:54 PM   #16
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My sister and I are in the minority among our friends. I get a lot of questions like that. I just tell them that pacis were made to fill in the shortcomings of the bottle. A bottle fed baby would become overweight if the baby sucked on it as much as he needs so pacis were made to fill in. A breast fed baby doesn't have to worry about it as breast milk is made just right for the babies needs. Another thing I might say is I want my baby to bond with us not a piece of plastic.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:03 AM   #17
rcima
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
When people would make comments I'd just say she was a 'snacker'. That was usually the end of it.
I would tell people that DD was a 'snacker', too and that helped a lot in the first few months. Have you thought about putting your LO in a baby carrier when around large groups and that way she can nurse to her heart's content without anyone even noticing?
rcima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
nursemama23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcima

I would tell people that DD was a 'snacker', too and that helped a lot in the first few months. Have you thought about putting your LO in a baby carrier when around large groups and that way she can nurse to her heart's content without anyone even noticing?
I do wear baby frequently but haven't quite figured out how to nurse in it. Any suggestions? We love our Moby!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemama23 View Post
I do wear baby frequently but haven't quite figured out how to nurse in it. Any suggestions? We love our Moby!
The baby wearing forum Mama's are experts on this. I never mastered BFing in the Moby and had a hard time in the Boba... The ring sling was the easiest.

With my next LO, I'm totally gonna figure out BFing in the Moby.