Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:36 PM   #11
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Am I the only one who doesn't think it's a big deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
Umm DS4 nurses his superman (not sure how superman might feel about it) and I'm fine with it. That is how tiny humans are fed.
So cute

I agree that she is probably just uncomfortable with it, which is sad. I grew up thinking that nursing is gross, based on comments my mom used to make. Luckily I feel differently as an adult. Sorry your sister isn't very supportive, but you're doing a great job, mama

Advertisement

Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #12
jr1008
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks everybody! I really hate that I feel like she is making me hide something so wonderful. But I do remember that I didn't understand breast feeding and the bond of it until I breast fed dd. now it's hard for me to see it as anything but good and natural. I see the benefits of breast feeding all the time. And there is nothing like watching your baby nurse and fall asleep. Dd even learned the word nurse this week. It's so cute to hear her ask me to nurse.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
clothrookie3
Registered Users
seller

Both of my children (dd-almost 4 & ds1-19 mo) nurse their animals, dolls, or whatever they're playing with. I think children need to know what they're there for instead of looking pretty IMO I would just explain to your niece that's how you comfort your child and everyone is different.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
clothrookie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 AM   #14
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Actually mama, yout aren't nurturing her in a "different" way at all! You sure doing it the natural, normal way that God intended

DS will nurse stuffed animals, airplanes, trucks, etc. I think it's so cool that they learn that. I agree w a pp that days it's good for her to see it. Otherwise she may never see it and learn that boobies are for feeding your babies.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #15
inhomecare
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All of the little kids in my daycare nurse the baby dolls! It is totally normal behavior. You should have a talk with your sister about how she will make her daughter feel. She is teaching her that breasts are not for nursing when she doesn't approve of her pretending to use them as they are supposed to be used.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #16
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

DS nursed to sleep until just about 2 months ago- he just turned 3- and at least once a week he reminds me that I told him that once his baby sissy comes he get to have nursies back, and he's going to share them with her- he also nurses his dolls and animals- and I encourage it- so hopefully someday, he will be a good loving support for his wife when she is starting to bf- and if she has trouble, he can encourage her and support her.

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:04 PM   #17
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She has some serious hang ups. There is nothing wrong with a toddler/child pretending to breastfed.
Old 11-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #18
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm with you. I would just tell your sister it's her responsibility to moniter where her daughter is when you're nursing then. Really, it's dumb. There's a small difference if it's a teenage boy, kwim? I could see the possible issue there, but a 3 year old little girl seeing a mom nursing? Ridiculous to be upset about that, imo.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:49 PM   #19
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

aww mama your doing nothing wrong. If she bothered by it she needs to teach her dd to knock and wait till she gets a response if it ok to come in. ds weaned at 28 months and i miss it
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #20
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I nurse in front of everyone : my parents, brother, in laws, nieces and nephews, strangers... it's normal for kids to mimic adults. It's not dirty or wrong. She probably freaked out when her daughter went through the exploring what's under my diaper stage, too. My DD also likes to 'peek a boo' me in the shower and sees me naked all the time. I want her to know that just because our bodies are 'private' doesn't mean they are 'dirty' or anything to be ashamed of! And Boobs where made for nursing!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote