Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
TTC while Breastfeeding Grads! ~Month of October~

This chat thread is for people who were hoping for a new baby while still nursing an existing one, and were able to get pregnant without fully weaning first. We made some big friendships while TTCing and want to continue them.

To be added to the header, in red, post your:

Username (and name if desired)
Age of nursling at time of BFP
EDD with new baby

~*Members*~

Mpierce (Morgan)
17 months
11/23/11

angel1023 (Laura)
16 months
12/6/11

hilaryisinked (Hilary)
13 months
12/15/11

CheapskateKate (Katie)
11 months
12/18/11

kismetbaby (Lucinda)
19 months
1/20/12

mOmof3 (Amy)
25 months
1/24/12

BldrArch (Sara)
22 months
2/3/12

Nickel+2
10 months
2/4/12

BringMeTheStars (Manda)
14 months
2/12/12

preemiemama (Stephanie)
17 months
3/6/12

Harmony96 (Andrea)
20 months
3/6/12

songbird516 (Sara)
17 months
3/12/12

Mommyria2 (Maria)
11 months
5/2/12

Casie629 (Casie)
17 months
5/29/12

annaelise (Anna)
11 months
6/1/12

~*Super-Grads (babies are HERE!)*~

Faithsa (Sabrina)
13 months
8/7/11
Eliana Grace arrived 8/4!

~*In Our Hearts*~

QuicksilverNHS (Marie)
24 months
2/5/12
Deagan Kieran arrived 10/11/11, went to heaven after a short but beautiful life

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!

Last edited by Harmony96; 10-14-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC while Breastfeeding Grads! ~Month of October~

New month, new thread. Everyone enjoying the cooler temps? I sure am.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 AM   #3
mamastesh
Registered Users
Formerly: preemiemama
seller
seller

Hi ladies!

I feel like I haven't checked in on this thread in forever. I had a horrible HG first 14 weeks. I am 18 weeks today and have been on the mend, although I still have a PICC line (line a long term IV) placed and get some meds to help with nausea through the PICC. Yuck!

Andrea, I think my official edd according to the OB's office is the same as yours, 3/6/11.

I am getting my anatomy scan tomorrow. So exciting! So far this whole pregnancy I have really been wanting/thinking that we are having a girl. I had a couple girl dreams too. Everybody has been saying maybe girl including my OB. I think everyone just wants me to have a girl bc they see how hard my pregnancies are and think I can be "done" if we have a boy and a girl. Either way I don't think I will be done, but no one wants to hear that.So anyway, on Sunday night I dreamed I had a boy. I was surprised by myself up until now bc I found myself really WANTING a girl. To the point where I was worried about how I would feel/react if we found out boy. Well, after my dream I am totally ok either way and when I saw my OB yesterday and she listened to the hb even I noticed that it sounded slower and she said, "it sounds like a boy." My dh and his brother are 2 years and 13 days apart and my due dates are 2 years and 13 days apart. So, I am really thinking boy now, but then I have to just stop and laugh at myself bc I will just find out tomorrow and all of this thinking about it is just plain silly.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DS Forum
Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 AM   #4
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Stephanie - Excited to hear about the gender tomorrow! I always dream about the gender too and have ended up being right so far which is wild but I've never dream opposite until after I found out.

Andrea - So a few things! How are you feeling? Are you finding out gender? I was thinking it would be cool if you put the gender we were expecting in the original post (only if you're up to it though) and your upcycled gowns..... I LOVE THEM could you make one out of a shirt I have here and can you message me about cost please?
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #5
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi mamas!

Glad you're feeling a little better Stephanie. . .man, I complain as it is about pg and mine are pretty typical/good. I can't imagine how you cope and manage to stay sane! Can't wait to find out gender with you. I was the same way. . .thinking/hoping girl, but also really worried about being disappointed so I got so okay with the idea of another boy that it was almost weird to find out we were having a girl!

I am enjoying the cooler weather, although it comes and goes here--it's not unusual to have hot temps even into Oct here. But it's been rainy and cool this week which is a nice change. Everything is good with my pg, but I have been so moody. . .I don't know what's wrong with me. DH and I keep getting into arguments. I don't know if it's just wacky pg hormones, or if I'm really that worried about having #2. And I'm just tired all the time. . .I don't remember it being like this when I was pg with ds.

Anywho, ds turned 2 this past weekend! Woot! Can't believe it. And he's sttn and down to about 3-4 short BFing sessions in a whole day. I've finally bought some "new baby coming" type books for him and he's really into reading them, so I'm hoping some of that will start to sink in. He's basically oblivious otherwise. I'm getting worried about the logistics of his care with our homebirth, we don't have family close. . .I'm not worried at all about the birth itself, just about where/how he's going to be! Pg is so different the second time around.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:53 AM   #6
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself! I'm a new grad! Got my BFP a couple weeks ago!

annaelise (Anna)
11 months
6/1/12

loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
Casie629
Registered Users
seller

Hi Anna!

I have a dating u/s tomorrow since my cycle was so long and crazy. I will be at least over 6 weeks (if not more) so I am hoping to see a heartbeat!
Casie629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #8
Mpierce
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Welcome to the new people! I think I missed ya'll on the last thread.
Mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This thread was lost for me! I am glad to see it again! I can't believe it but I'm in the second trimester now. Normally this is when people relax but the next 4 weeks are the hardest for me. I lost my first baby at about 16 weeks but didn't know it until we went in at 19 weeks for a normal checkup. So once I make it past the next month I will be feeling good.

My morning sickness is completely gone, but the boobies are still really sore to touch. I don't know how some of you are still nursing, I would have thrown in the towel by this point. I keep thinking I should be further along than I am. I think "I'm not big enough" "I should be feeling regular kicks by now" and then I have to remind myself I am still ONLY 14 weeks along. It will get more exciting soon though. I think I feel the baby moving, but mostly it is almost like a sensing that "she" is moving. I am having total girl vibes this time. And with my first two I knew what they were. So we will see in about 6 weeks, if it's a she!

Loving the fall weather! Harvest is in full swing, and keeping everyone in town busy.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpierce View Post
Andrea - So a few things! How are you feeling? Are you finding out gender? I was thinking it would be cool if you put the gender we were expecting in the original post (only if you're up to it though) and your upcycled gowns..... I LOVE THEM could you make one out of a shirt I have here and can you message me about cost please?
I'm feeling really good. I'm at the point in the pregnancy where sometimes hours go by and I forget that I'm pregnant, LOL. We're finding out gender in March. I could totally put the "I think it's this gender" thing in the OP and then compare after people's sonograms/births. Sounds like fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Anywho, ds turned 2 this past weekend! Woot! Can't believe it. And he's sttn and down to about 3-4 short BFing sessions in a whole day. I've finally bought some "new baby coming" type books for him and he's really into reading them, so I'm hoping some of that will start to sink in. He's basically oblivious otherwise. I'm getting worried about the logistics of his care with our homebirth, we don't have family close. . .I'm not worried at all about the birth itself, just about where/how he's going to be! Pg is so different the second time around.
I keep forgetting that our DSs are so close in age. Mine will be 2 on Monday. About homebirth logistics, do you have any friends who could come over and be on "DS duty"? Alternatively, you may end up giving birth in the middle of the night while he's sleeping. That's what happened with my birth w/ DS. Then DD woke up briefly after it was all over, came in to say hi, then went back to bed, lol.