Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
anterior placenta

Does anyone have one? How can you tell?

Advertisement

Old 10-31-2011, 04:53 AM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: anterior placenta

I was told early on that I had an anterior placenta and that it'd be a long time before I felt movement, but I've been feeling movement for about 2-3 weeks. But, I guess it could have moved???
Old 10-31-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
tuckergirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have one - realized it when we saw it on ultrasound and it confirmed what my midwife had suspected via doppler. She always had a harder time finding the heartbeat because it was behind all the placenta sounds. My little stinker is also breech right now so I feel nothing at all in the front and all his kicks are down low and aimed at my internal organs. :-P
Old 10-31-2011, 06:29 AM   #4
Pampered Mama
Registered Users
Formerly: JASMommy
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have one, but also have a complete previa as well- so I am feeling movement ok- it was a bit later than my others, and not as strong (maybe a week or so later?) but I'm also feeling movement higher up where the placenta isn't.

I had marginal previa with my last, with anterior placenta as well, and all I felt was squirming, no real true kicks- though he had medical problems, and his arms and legs were contracted and stiff- so he really couldn't move much at all, so that could have been why.

On both, it was confirmed with u/s, and I could hear the placenta sounds in the front with the doppler.

Pampered Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
bezark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was told I had one at my 10 week ultrasound. I'm still feeling lots of movement, but I can definitely tell when he's in a position that the placenta blocks the majority of the kicks- I feel them all in my bladder then.
Most movement is to the sides. The only thing I feel in the front is when he stretches front to back. Extreme pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've definitely heard that it can affect how much movement the mom feels, and from a fetal positioning standpoint, as the baby gets bigger it can make optimal positioning for birth more difficult.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
magoose
Registered Users

I was told after my last u/s that I have an anterior placenta. I'm still feeling lots of movements and have been since early on, just off to the sides. The movements have mostly been fluttery type things, but the past two weeks I've started to feel them quite a bit stronger now. They feel more like kicks and punches, but again, majority of them are all off to the left side.
Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 PM   #8
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I ask cause I am not feeling lots of movements. With my others I felt them at about 16 week & 14 weeks. I am almost 20 weeks. My ob does seem to have a slightly more difficult time finding the heartbeat. We were not planning on having an ultrasound. Do you think we should?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #9
*Alabamamom*
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

DDC... I have an anterior placenta and I definitely don't feel her near as much as I did my ds 5 years ago.. his was posterior. I felt him easily by 14 weeks, strong kicks all the way til the end.. I am 23 weeks today and some days she will kick high and I can feel it with my hand, not very often.. some days I don't feel her at all and it scares me.. OB has never found her on doppler, although, I have my own and I find her.. it just takes time with the placenta being in front. I was wearing a 8/10 before getting pregnant (was 16 pre-pregnancy with my ds).. I used to think the heavier you are, the less able to feel the baby through the 'fluff'.. not the case with me at all. I would have an u/s to confirm it, but sounds like it to me. If I didn't know, I'd be worried for sure.
Granna to two amazing grandsons!! <3
*Alabamamom* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks anyone else have info