Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 PM   #41
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: 10/31-11/6 Marchkins

Yay!!! I LOVE them! 18w 6d pregnant and FINALLY have a care provider! They were a little alarmed that I had no prenatal care so far, but everything is fine considering I'm not rh neg. I've really only missed hearing the heart beat every 4 weeks and peeing in a cup. They are VERY pro VBAC, high VBAC success rates, and their policy is no IV line, freedom of movement, free to eat and drink, etc!!! I can't wait to go back week to start meeting the midwives now. I've got 4 midwives to meet and their overseeing doctor.

Sad news.... can't find out gender for a whole other month. They don't do their anatomy scan until 22-24 weeks. AND, they really, really prefer me NOT to opt out of glucose screening since I had such a large baby. Ugh.. I know I don't have it. I ate bad with DS. That's why. My sugars were great, my blood pressures were great, urine always great. I just make big babies! But. oh well. I guess I'll put myself through that, evne though I don't really think its healthy for baby.

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #42
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
Eeek! I only have FOUR MONTHS until this baby is here!
If it makes you feel better, I already have the diaper bag AND the hospital bag packed (only waiting on the boingos that I ordered to make it here but I won't use those at the hospital since the hospital dipes don't need it).
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #43
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910 View Post
Yay!!! I LOVE them! 18w 6d pregnant and FINALLY have a care provider! They were a little alarmed that I had no prenatal care so far, but everything is fine considering I'm not rh neg. I've really only missed hearing the heart beat every 4 weeks and peeing in a cup. They are VERY pro VBAC, high VBAC success rates, and their policy is no IV line, freedom of movement, free to eat and drink, etc!!! I can't wait to go back week to start meeting the midwives now. I've got 4 midwives to meet and their overseeing doctor.

Sad news.... can't find out gender for a whole other month. They don't do their anatomy scan until 22-24 weeks. AND, they really, really prefer me NOT to opt out of glucose screening since I had such a large baby. Ugh.. I know I don't have it. I ate bad with DS. That's why. My sugars were great, my blood pressures were great, urine always great. I just make big babies! But. oh well. I guess I'll put myself through that, evne though I don't really think its healthy for baby.
Congrats on finding an OB
I understand where you're coming from with the GTT, but I can see their side, also. I did not take the GTT even at a regular OB last time- I just never showed up to take it. But you did kind of contradict yourself- do you think that your last baby was big because you didn't eat right, or because you just make big babies?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #44
crunch!910
Registered Users

Well, its both. Because I ate very badly, I made a big baby. We'll see if eating really healthy and exercising this time will produce a smaller baby. So far I've only gained 7 lbs.
I'm only consenting to the glucose screening if I can do it locally, considering you have to wait around for the 1 hr, so I don't have to drive there 1.5 hrs, stay 1+hr for the screening, and drive home again.
They did take all that blood for all the tests they normally do, and she took extra to do a different kind of screening - I hadn't drank the glucola drink, but to still look at my sugar levels to see if there are any indicators or warning signs there. If that comes back good, maybe she won't insist so much on the glucose test. Either way, they don't do that test until 24 weeks either.

Last edited by crunch!910; 11-04-2011 at 05:18 PM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #45
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in the opposite position as you- I've gained 18 pounds now at 21.5 weeks. Last time I was up maybe...12? This time I'm eating better, but not exercising quite as much. I'm kind of resigning myself to higher weight gain, but I'm not that worried since I know that I'm eating well, and I'm pretty confident that I'll lose it within a few months after the birth. Hopefully this time without postpartum thyroiditis! At 5 months I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks and could barely hold Claire because I was so weak.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:04 PM   #46
crunch!910
Registered Users

Well, I think it was you that told me I should eat a lot more fat and butter, and if you are following those same things, that could be why.

We had a detailed discussion on diet that will continue further at next week's appointment, since large baby and weight gain is a concern. Not presently a concern due to good diet, but we want to make sure we keep it that way because when I even mentioned maybe getting things started with membrane stripping at due date (for fear of not being able to deliver large baby with my inadequate pelvis), she didn't like that idea! They are very anti-induction. She just told me to make sure I was eating low fat things, watching cholesterol, eating heart healthy foods, staying away from things high in sugar and eating a well rounded diet of healthy fruits, vegetables and healthier options of starches and carbs.

I really need to sit down and re-assess my diet. I know I've been good, and its been evident in my lack of excessive weight gain, but I've got about 15 pages of nutritional information to process and apply. Today I KNOW I didn't take in ENOUGH calories/nutritional content. I didn't eat anything too awful besides taking a bite of my sons sugar cookie he was sharing with me (what a sweetheart! he insisted!), but didn't get near enough protein for sure, as well as probably everything else.

I'm SO hoping this time around I don't gain any more than the recommended 35lbs, can drop 20 lbs at the birth in the hospital, and then breastfeed/exercise the rest off!!!! IT'll be a lot easier than the 40 lbs I lost in less than a year before I got pregnant with this one(since I gained 80lbs when pregnant with DS). And this time I will NOT wait until 15mo postpartum to start exercising the weight off!

Last edited by crunch!910; 11-04-2011 at 06:54 PM.
crunch!910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #47
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

resetting paypal password yet again

ETA: I wrote the new password on the wall behind the computer. I figure that The Hubby can always paint over it later when we move (and I'm putting it here so I can "remember" where to find it as well).
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy

Last edited by sourpatch_babe; 11-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:54 PM   #48
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also had a doctor's apt today and she said I'm "almost" up to my prepregnancy weight but she wants me to eat more protein to try and get my weight up since I need it. Baby's heartbeat was great and everything else as well and they scheduled my glucose test. Now if I can only remember what it was that they told me to eat last time for three days before the test....