Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-31-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
2 Months

Ok so it has officially been 2 months since this minimalist families section was added and therefore 2 months since I have started my journey to live a minimalist lifestyle! I have made a ton of progress but still have a LOOOOONG way to go. How is everyone else doing that recently began their journey?

Advertisement

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2 Months

Well congrats you what you have accomplished so far.

I started this journey about June...it was right after we finished up school for the year and I spent the better part of the summer tearing into things and finding home for everything or letting it go. It is time for round 2 for me. Things have started to filter back in and the clutter has started to accumulate in some places (homeschool areas esp).

I started round 2 of my purge today. I got rid of one large bag of stuff and our large play yard/baby gate that we are finally done with today.

This really has been a journey for me...I've learned alot about myself through this process. And I'm really enjoying more quality time with my family...
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #3
poopstermomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel really stalled out. I think I am done getting rid of the "easy" stuff, and now I am faced with making real decisions. For instance, I pulled out 7 bins of Halloween decorations- I am trying to get it down to three, but I honestly can't do it. I love my decorations. (and I'm seriously scared to count my Christmas tubs.) HEEELLLLLPPPP!!
poopstermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

I have been feeling all around BLAH for the last 2 weeks (or week and a half) because my husband's work has been cutting hours really bad and our already tight budget is barely making it (well not even quite making it really). On top of that this time of year is REALLY slow for my shop so I am feeling really helpless because I have no money to contribute. This has lead to an all around feeling of laziness (sp?) I have pretty much done NO purging for the last 3ish days or so. Hoping to get my motivation back.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just started my journey last 2 weeks ago.

Minimalism isn't something I would say I have always striven for, but I have always done 2-3 MAJOR purges per year. But this is still a major leap. I'm not making much progress, but I do have good intentions. I just wish people would come buy all of my stuff, lol. It's really hard for me to throw out items that are still in good condition when I remember how much I paid for them.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote