Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #1
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Angry Extra Irritable?

Is anyone else like this lately? I think my problem is that I'm exhausted from not sleeping well... but DH is NOT helping out! He's making things Oh so much worse - He's on 12 hour days, 13 on and 1 off... so yes he's tired too but he just keeps driving me crazier and crazier!

Silly things are sending me over the edge though. We are working on figuring out what DS is allergic to (milk is what I think) and cutting out all milk products - however NOW DH thinks chocolate (Duh, milk is in it! ) and spent $5 on a stupid non-milk candy bar that is bittersweet - so he WASTED that money because there is no way that DS is even going to like that BAKING chocolate! ARGH... and it's not the money - it's the fact that we had talked about it the night before and he went and did it anyway!

I just feel like a horrible mommy according to DH because he keeps ignoring my requests and doing stupid stuff anyway!!! ARGH!

Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Extra Irritable?

I'm not exactly irritable but I'm having some definite mood swings and not *normal* behavior for me. I don't remember being this way when I was pregnant with dd. Hopefully we'll both get the second tri "energy boost" soon.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #3
magoose
Registered Users

I call it my pregnancy rage. It's not as bad this time around, but with my son, I would fly into a rage over really silly things. Blocking an aisle in the grocery store? Watch out. The horns would come out and I would tell you exactly what I thought of you. DH wouldn't let me go to the grocery store by myself because I would yell at people like a crazy person. I definitely have less patience when I'm preggo. DH knows that and tries to tiptoe around me a bit more. He knows when I'm not feeling the best and will back off a bit so he doesn't get his head bitten off. He also knows to let me calm down a bit before talking to me about it. That only makes it worse, lol. mama. Hormones do crazy things to us.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:21 AM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty View Post

I'm not exactly irritable but I'm having some definite mood swings and not *normal* behavior for me. I don't remember being this way when I was pregnant with dd. Hopefully we'll both get the second tri "energy boost" soon.
Same here. I am usually really even- keeled and right now I am just more apt to snap. I don't have any excuses - I am sleeping and eating great. Just the hormones, I guess.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah defiantly flying off the handle really easily. Does not help that the house is a mess and DH is not helping. There are days I feel like the walls are closing in on me.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #6
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Guilty as charged. I actually feel sorry for The Hubby and the kids because they bear the brunt of my volatile mood swings but it's like I can't control myself. One second I'm happy and the next I'm a she devil. I'm nothing like this even when I'm the middle of PMS.
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:08 PM   #7
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

*Sigh* I guess I'm glad it's not just me! I do not remember being this bad with my son at all!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #8
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It wasn't this bad for me with the other pregnancies. But I think it's all a combination of all these hormones PLUS almost four year olds (mine will be four in Dec). I mean, any given time of the day/year an almost four year old is enough to drive even Mother Theresa up the wall. Add in some pregnancy hormones to the mix and it's on like donkey kong
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
Old 11-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #9
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
It wasn't this bad for me with the other pregnancies. But I think it's all a combination of all these hormones PLUS almost four year olds (mine will be four in Dec). I mean, any given time of the day/year an almost four year old is enough to drive even Mother Theresa up the wall. Add in some pregnancy hormones to the mix and it's on like donkey kong
That is EXACTLY what it is! My almost 4 year old will be 4 on Nov. 12th!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I still have to wait until Dec 27 for him to be four and hopefully *maybe* changing the attitude.