Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

This thread is for all of us ladies who are still trying for our first living child.[/B]

The truth is at the end of the day when we're anxiously awaiting that BFP.......and it's a BFN we don't have any precious LO's to hold in our arms. We have no comfort in the children we already have, since we have none.

And sometimes it makes us sad to keep hearing about everyone else with children, and stories about those children just hurt. So we won't mention any children here. So it's a safe place without judgment when we get jealous.

Mamas to be... TTC #1
as of 10/2011

working on it

Currently Waiting to O

Haleybailey (Haley)
RacheleJane
Clothobsessed2010 (Tiffany)
DTheyssen (Dianna)

Currently in the 2WW

alliecatn1 (Allie)
ericanicole1111 (Erica)
McMorley (Maricarol)

Taking a Break
abhernandez (Alice)

Me: mcmorley - Maricarol (35)
DH: Joe (35)
State: Philadelphia Area, Pennsylvania
TTC since: June 2010
So far I've only had bloodwork (FSH - normal, and progesterone - normal). HSG

Screen name: Alliecatn1
Name: Allie (age 24)
DH: Mark (27 on Tuesday)
TTC: since 6/10
State/Country: Colorado
Special circumstances: Irregular cycles
Meds/ supplements/ treatments: Provera, Clomid, prenatals
CD: -12ish, or 130 according to FF :-) lol

Name: Alice (age 25)
DH: Ivan (age 32)
TTC: since 6/11
State/Country: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Special circumstances: No specific condition. Just an early loss in 7/11.
Meds/ supplements/ treatments: Prenatals, EPO for cm issues

Name: Tiffany (age 23)
DH: Derrick (Age 25)
TTC: Infertility treatments since 10/10
State/Country: Alabama/United States
Special Circumstances: Infertility, PCOS, Miscarriage in 1/2011.
Meds/supplements/treatments: Past- Provera, Did 5 rounds of clomid, HSG...Current treatment- Progesterone injection, Follistim injections, HCG trigger shot, Using preseed, IUI.

Name: Dianna (age 29)
DH: Michael (age 33)
TTC: since 05/07
State/Country: Indianapolis, IN
Special circumstances: Unexplained infertility
Meds/ supplements/ treatments: Prenatals, Clomid x 5 mos, HSG, laparoscopy,
IUI x1, 1st month trying Soy Isoflavones.

Name: Erica (age 23)
DH: Eric (age 24)
TTC: since 5/11
State/Country: Maine, USA
Special circumstances: None known, possible chemical pregnancy in 7/11.
Meds/ supplements/ treatments: Prenatals, Iron, & using Preseed

Name: Haley (22)
DH: Joel (28)
TTC: 21 months
circumstances: TTC with PCOS
meds: Metformin, PreNatal, DHA

Waiting to Adopt

Taking a Break

Need Updates

Auntkerri (Kerri)
Firefaery6683 (Nicole)
Shanooski (Shannon)
SoldierPapa68 (Ambi)
Currier Bell (Makenzie)
Blondie87 (Codi)
Vannie024 (Savannah)
Mrs. Green Jeans (Laure)
FairyChaca (Chaca)

Pregnant Pregnant

Stssomewhere (Amy) EDD 7/27/11
Pillsbury (Samantha) EDD 9/20/11
Aubrey<3Gavin
Hopefulily EDD 3/7/12
lydoomizelaine (Elaine) EDD 4/2012

Holding their little one!

hbee: Ivy Leanne born 9/24/11, 5 lbs, 17.25 inches.

Ten Aryhn Taylor born on 9/17/2011 at 10:22 AM - 8 lb 10 oz - 24 inches long

:gringuitica (Erin) Max Christopher, born on 9/2/2011 at 4:37 a.m. weighing 9 lbs, 3 ounces and 20.5 inches.

emilyA874 (Emily) Wren Elisabeth, born on 3/23/2011 weighing 7lbs 6oz

Mrs. Rusty (Tarsha) Emmett Matthew born on 6/13/2011 at 04:35 pm 6lbs 7oz

Juliabell (Julia)~ Born 05/21/11 at 12:12am at 7lbs 8oz

Babylove912 (Megan) - Asher James born 1/03/11, 7 lbs 15 oz, 20 inches

MacyKM (Macy) - Addison Kay on December 28th, 2010! 8 pounds 14 ounces, 20.5 inches

Lavender Drangonfly (Amanda) ~ our first Graduate!! - Asher was born 12:08 am on December 17th. Asher was 7lbs 9oz.

Anyone TTC their first living child can join. If you want to be added to the list or have updates to your cycles please post in different color from the rest of your post.

Thank You

Advertisement

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!

Last edited by Clothobsessed2010; 11-23-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #2
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hey girls! Sorry I've been MIA. Thanks everyone for their support! It's been a little rough for me these days. Trying to handle it all is difficult. Glad you ladies are here!
I am CD7 and not doing any meds or procedures this month. I will be trying out the instead cups, so I will let you all know if those work. I won't be able to do another IUI till January when I have flex spending to use to pay for it. So, just gonna be au natural this month.
Allie- love your stash! Looks awesome!! Hopefully a BFP is coming your way! DHs SA #s were GREAT!!!! Good luck!

Mericarol- Anticipating your BFP!

Tiffany- Glad your eggies are growing and they upped your dose! Looking forward to hearing the results of your ultrasound tomorrow! Grow eggies grow!
DTheyssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010
I posted the thread for Nov
Woo-hoo! New month and new hope! I'll post my responses from Oct over here now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010

I think I had the most side effects when I took them after breakfast. When I started taking them mid evening it was a lot better. I would be nasceous and have migraines the entire time I was on them, lightheaded, hot flashes.

This is my 3rd round of follistim. The first month I did 50 and we had to cancel the cycle because I had no results from it and my estrogen was declining. Then I did 75 now I am doing 100.

I have a tilted uterus. The nurse said the only thing it really does it make it more difficult for ultrasounds. I'm not going to lie, my ultrasounds are painful because of it. She has to a lot of manuvering and hold it at odd points. They hurt, but it's done in 5 minutes or less.
I took my Clomid before bed so I think I got to sleep through most of the side effects :-) That's also when I do my prenatals because they make me pretty nauseous (I've read it could be related to the iron).

I'm glad to know there might be some pain involved before I go in, I can better prepare mentally. I actually just read that a tipped uterus can cause an increase in misdiagnosis of blighted ovum (not sure of other forms of MC, but that alone accounts for 50% of MCs). It seems like it is more challenging to see the fetal pole with the tipped uterus. They either see an empty womb or an empty sac and they are unable to hear a HB. Many women have found that if they wait (in an attempt to MC naturally without induction of MC or D & C) they end up finding a healthy baby at 9-10 weeks! Just something to keep in mind as we start getting our BFPs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmorley

What you described is called digital scrapbooking. I haven't tried it yet - eventhough I have some software that will do it - I wasn't sure how to print it so I never looked at it. I have made a few books from shutterfly and snapfish and find those easy to use and they change things up all the time so your options aren't always the same things.

for good SA numbers - don't feel hard on yourself. It can be any number of things. The important thing is that you are in this together as a couple!
Luckily my husband is wonderful and reassures me everyday :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheyssen
Hey girls! Sorry I've been MIA. Thanks everyone for their support! It's been a little rough for me these days. Trying to handle it all is difficult. Glad you ladies are here!
I am CD7 and not doing any meds or procedures this month. I will be trying out the instead cups, so I will let you all know if those work. I won't be able to do another IUI till January when I have flex spending to use to pay for it. So, just gonna be au natural this month.
Allie- love your stash! Looks awesome!! Hopefully a BFP is coming your way! DHs SA #s were GREAT!!!! Good luck!

Mericarol- Anticipating your BFP!

Tiffany- Glad your eggies are growing and they upped your dose! Looking forward to hearing the results of your ultrasound tomorrow! Grow eggies grow!
Been thinking about you a lot lately! Good luck this month, maybe cold turkey is all you need!

My DH's boss called this afternoon and told him they are switching up his schedule for the rest of this week (seriously, of all weeks! Lol). That means he can't come to my US tomorrow and puts a serious wrench in our BD plans :-( I guess that comes with the territory when I work days (granted only 2.5 a week!), he works nights and is in school. We might just have to get really creative!

I've started my google-induced regime of TTC theories in preparation of O. This includes prenatals, Tums, Guaifenesin (for DH and me), Aspirin, Preseed, sunflower seeds, pineapple core, tons of water and a heating pad on my belly at all times I'm home. Lol, if this doesn't knock me up, I don't know what will! Lol! Anybody have any other crazy ideas I can add to my list? Still no LH surge (CD12) so there is still time :-)

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014

Last edited by alliecatn1; 11-01-2011 at 07:48 PM.
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
mcmorley
Registered Users

Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Allie, I hope your US goes well and is relatively painless! Its a shame your DH can't go with you but I'm sure he will be there in spirit. I know the pain of trying to figure out timing around crazy schedules. I'm sure you'll figure something out. Good luck!

Tiffany, I hope your US shows some nicely growing follicles who are just waiting to release, fertilize and snuggle in for a long winter's nap. (Please excuse my ignorance) How is the timing different for a double IUI than a single IUI?

Dianna, good luck with your instead cups! Let us know what you think of them. I hope you get your BFP the old fashion way and can use that flex spending account on something else - like prenatal visits!

Haley & Erica! Hope you are doing well!

Nothing new going on here. I could over analyze IPS (imaginary pregnancy symptoms) but I am trying not to. Everytime I start the "what ifs" I keep trying to force myself to think about this upcomming weekend. At least I have that for a distraction.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #5
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Ultrasound was pretty fabulous. It's day 10 so early. The dr does not like to do the trigger shot day 10, but will if necessary. My eggs aren't quite ready for the trigger which is great actually lol. I have a LOT of eggs starting to mature. I have a few of each- 10mm, 12mms, 13 and a 14mm. Which is amazing especially for me this early, however, it has the nurse nervous.

The follicles may not all mature, but if all of the follicles do, I am at risk for a high number of multiples so they wouldn't do iui. As it's too risky and they don't want me to have more than twins. I'm waiting to hear back now from the dr to see if she is going to continue me at 100 units of follistim and if so if it will be for a day or two days. and then will either do just the trigger shot or the trigger and iui depending on how many mature follicles I have. The dr won't do IUI if I have more than 4 mature follicles.

So I am anxiously awaiting the call to find out about my dosage. Even if we can't do IUI because of too many mature eggs I still have a really great chance. Here's to this being my last month of ttc baby 1!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:11 AM   #6
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmorley View Post
Allie, I hope your US goes well and is relatively painless! Its a shame your DH can't go with you but I'm sure he will be there in spirit. I know the pain of trying to figure out timing around crazy schedules. I'm sure you'll figure something out. Good luck!

Tiffany, I hope your US shows some nicely growing follicles who are just waiting to release, fertilize and snuggle in for a long winter's nap. (Please excuse my ignorance) How is the timing different for a double IUI than a single IUI?

Dianna, good luck with your instead cups! Let us know what you think of them. I hope you get your BFP the old fashion way and can use that flex spending account on something else - like prenatal visits!

Haley & Erica! Hope you are doing well!

Nothing new going on here. I could over analyze IPS (imaginary pregnancy symptoms) but I am trying not to. Everytime I start the "what ifs" I keep trying to force myself to think about this upcomming weekend. At least I have that for a distraction.
Statistically doing 2 iuis isn't supposed to increase the chances they told me, but I figure it doesn't hurt to do it since they want you to have sex even after an IUI. I just want to seal the deal for sure haha.

I always have IPS too LOL! love your lingo. When will you be testing again?

Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #7
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1 View Post
Woo-hoo! New month and new hope! I'll post my responses from Oct over here now!

I took my Clomid before bed so I think I got to sleep through most of the side effects :-) That's also when I do my prenatals because they make me pretty nauseous (I've read it could be related to the iron).

I'm glad to know there might be some pain involved before I go in, I can better prepare mentally. I actually just read that a tipped uterus can cause an increase in misdiagnosis of blighted ovum (not sure of other forms of MC, but that alone accounts for 50% of MCs). It seems like it is more challenging to see the fetal pole with the tipped uterus. They either see an empty womb or an empty sac and they are unable to hear a HB. Many women have found that if they wait (in an attempt to MC naturally without induction of MC or D & C) they end up finding a healthy baby at 9-10 weeks! Just something to keep in mind as we start getting our BFPs!

Luckily my husband is wonderful and reassures me everyday :-)

Been thinking about you a lot lately! Good luck this month, maybe cold turkey is all you need!

My DH's boss called this afternoon and told him they are switching up his schedule for the rest of this week (seriously, of all weeks! Lol). That means he can't come to my US tomorrow and puts a serious wrench in our BD plans :-( I guess that comes with the territory when I work days (granted only 2.5 a week!), he works nights and is in school. We might just have to get really creative!

I've started my google-induced regime of TTC theories in preparation of O. This includes prenatals, Tums, Guaifenesin (for DH and me), Aspirin, Preseed, sunflower seeds, pineapple core, tons of water and a heating pad on my belly at all times I'm home. Lol, if this doesn't knock me up, I don't know what will! Lol! Anybody have any other crazy ideas I can add to my list? Still no LH surge (CD12) so there is still time :-)
Woohoo! We are ALL going to get pregnant this month. I am feeling so positive that this is a good month for us all.

CD 12 is early! You'll be getting that surge soon. Boo for dh having his schedule changed. You can still baby dance every second you get hahaa. It looks like our 2wws will be close together!

Old 11-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #8
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Tiffany- soooo happy for you and your little growing follies!!!! fxfxfx for you to be able to do your IUI!!!

Allie- good luck with your US!!!!

Mericarol- hoping your IPS aren't imaginary!!!!

Come on BFPs!!!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #9
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh, and Allie, I am with you on the google induced ttc regiment!! Lol!! I have done all of the above!!! I just found out about the instead cups on google, so now I'm adding that into the mix! I did soy isoflavones last month which I found out about on google. Good luck!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 AM   #10
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheyssen View Post
Tiffany- soooo happy for you and your little growing follies!!!! fxfxfx for you to be able to do your IUI!!!

Allie- good luck with your US!!!!

Mericarol- hoping your IPS aren't imaginary!!!!

Come on BFPs!!!!!
I'm excited. I asked the nurse and she said lots of mature follicles with hcg was better than just a couple mature follicles and iui. Sooo I guess it may be good if I *can't* do iui! I wish I could have lots of mature follicles, hcg shot, and iui hahaha. As hard as it's been for me to get preg I'm doubting I'll get pregnant with more than twins. (If I end up pregnant with quints remind me I said this) LOL!