Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bama
Posts: 1,329
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Allie I cannot wait to hear about your US! I hope it doesn't hurt and you have beautiful follicles!

Advertisement

__________________
Mommy to an angel 1/2011


Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bama
Posts: 1,329
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Dr wants me to do 50 units tonight and 50 tomorrow. I feel like I'm going to get screwed. I go in for my appt friday which is when I'll most likely be ready for my hcg shot. That means my iui would need to be done sunday, there are no doctors there on sundays so I wouldn't be able to do IUI.

Confession- I did 125 last night instead of 100 like I was supposed to.

I'm following my gut instead of what the drs say at this point, I've realized. It's crazy, but yea. I'm being monitored so I'm not too concerned.

What would you do? Take the 50 as the dr wants and I won't have as many mature eggs as I could have, BUT still have a 90% chance of NOT being able to do IUI.

or....take 75 units (25 more than the dr said) (I'd have enough for 4 days so if I have to get extended I'd be covered) and that would pretty much make my chances be really good even if I can't do the IUI.

If they would have prescribed me enough to keep doing 100 I probably would have done that, but the most I can do is 75 a day with what I'm given... I think, I'll have to double check the numbers.

If I do it my way with the increased dosage there's probably no way I'll do IUI because I'll have so many mature follicles, but the nurse did say lots of mature follicles and no iui is better than only a a couple mature follicles and iui.

I understand if you think I'm nuts and should just do what the dr says...would just love to hear your opinions.
__________________
Mommy to an angel 1/2011


Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!

Last edited by Clothobsessed2010; 11-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:49 PM   #13
mcmorley
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 498
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

If you have enough, I would do the 75 tonight & tomorrow and see where you are on friday. There are good chances it would slow down the growth or help limit the number so that you can IUI on Monday. You don't want to over stim and then have all your efforts lost (which could be the case for too low).

Before you triggered, how many did you have on 75 last month?
__________________
Maricarol my DH since Jan 2009. our first!
mcmorley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:54 PM   #14
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bama
Posts: 1,329
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmorley View Post
If you have enough, I would do the 75 tonight & tomorrow and see where you are on friday. There are good chances it would slow down the growth or help limit the number so that you can IUI on Monday. You don't want to over stim and then have all your efforts lost (which could be the case for too low).

Before you triggered, how many did you have on 75 last month?
One that was mature. I think it was a 15 or 17 so it would have been mature by the time I actually ovulated. Pretty pathetic for being on follistim.

I actually have enough to do 100 or 75. The reasons I'm considering increasing on my own is because 1) they said there is a better chance of me getting preg if I have more mature eggs and no iui than if I had less eggs and did iui. and 2) It is looking like I'll be ready for IUI sunday even if I do just 50 and I wouldn't be able to do it on a Sunday.
__________________
Mommy to an angel 1/2011


Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #15
DTheyssen's Avatar
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 316
My Mood:
I say do what's in your gut! I got screwed with my IUI cause they timed it according to when I was triggered, but I ended up ovulating on my own the day before my IUI! I called in to the office and they said, "oh you will be fine", but I knew I was ovulating and needed the IUI that day and they didn't believe me and I pretty much wasted my $$ that month. I wont miss it next time cause I'm gonna do a double IUI and do it 2 days in a row. Anyway, I think if you feel like you should take the extra dose then do it. You are being monitored so I think you should go for it!
DTheyssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #16
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bama
Posts: 1,329
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheyssen View Post
I say do what's in your gut! I got screwed with my IUI cause they timed it according to when I was triggered, but I ended up ovulating on my own the day before my IUI! I called in to the office and they said, "oh you will be fine", but I knew I was ovulating and needed the IUI that day and they didn't believe me and I pretty much wasted my $$ that month. I wont miss it next time cause I'm gonna do a double IUI and do it 2 days in a row. Anyway, I think if you feel like you should take the extra dose then do it. You are being monitored so I think you should go for it!

Thanks ladies! UGH! What a bummer about the IUI. I really wish doctors would take in account what we are telling them more seriously. How much do you have to pay for your iuis?

I did do an increased amount of follistim on my own. I go in tomorrow for bloodwork and an ultrasound. If I am ready for the trigger shot tomorrow, I think i will request to do an IUI saturday even though timing says it would be best to do it sunday. I figure it should still better my chances than not doing it at all and we'll keep baby dancing on our on too. I am determined to be pregnant this cycle.

I am counting down the hours until My appointment tomorrow Less than 24 hours to go!
__________________
Mommy to an angel 1/2011


Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!

Last edited by Clothobsessed2010; 11-03-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
mcmorley
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 498
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheyssen View Post
I say do what's in your gut! I got screwed with my IUI cause they timed it according to when I was triggered, but I ended up ovulating on my own the day before my IUI! I called in to the office and they said, "oh you will be fine", but I knew I was ovulating and needed the IUI that day and they didn't believe me and I pretty much wasted my $$ that month. I wont miss it next time cause I'm gonna do a double IUI and do it 2 days in a row. Anyway, I think if you feel like you should take the extra dose then do it. You are being monitored so I think you should go for it!
That is such a waste. I hate when they don't listen to you. What would it hurt to do it the day before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010 View Post
I did do an increased amount of follistim on my own. I go in tomorrow for bloodwork and an ultrasound. If I am ready for the trigger shot tomorrow, I think i will request to do an IUI saturday even though timing says it would be best to do it sunday. I figure it should still better my chances than not doing it at all and we'll keep baby dancing on our on too. I am determined to be pregnant this cycle.
I am counting down the hours until My appointment tomorrow Less than 24 hours to go!
I like that attitude! Good luck tomorrow!
__________________
Maricarol my DH since Jan 2009. our first!
mcmorley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #18
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Bama
Posts: 1,329
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Allie! I can't wait to hear your update today!!
__________________
Mommy to an angel 1/2011


Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #19
alliecatn1's Avatar
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Henserson, Colorado
Posts: 686
Fair warning; this is a long one :-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010

Statistically doing 2 iuis isn't supposed to increase the chances they told me, but I figure it doesn't hurt to do it since they want you to have sex even after an IUI. I just want to seal the deal for sure haha.

I always have IPS too LOL! love your lingo. When will you be testing again?
If you don't mind me asking, how much is an IUI (especially one vs two)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010

Woohoo! We are ALL going to get pregnant this month. I am feeling so positive that this is a good month for us all.

CD 12 is early! You'll be getting that surge soon. Boo for dh having his schedule changed. You can still baby dance every second you get hahaa. It looks like our 2wws will be close together!
I think this will be an awesome month for us (hopefully all of us!!)!

I wanted to try BD twice a day. With his numbers I feel like it's okay to try and I've heard good things about twice a day, so I figure it's worth a shot! Some days this week we can barely schedule it once a day. I think we have been doing pretty well though.

What day was CD1 for you, Tiffany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheyssen
Oh, and Allie, I am with you on the google induced ttc regiment!! Lol!! I have done all of the above!!! I just found out about the instead cups on google, so now I'm adding that into the mix! I did soy isoflavones last month which I found out about on google. Good luck!!!
What is the logic behind the soy isoflavones? What was your regimen with them?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010

I understand if you think I'm nuts and should just do what the dr says...would just love to hear your opinions.
The nurse in me says you should follow your docs advice. The TTC woman in me says do what you need to. You know in your gut what you should do and I know you've researched plenty. As good and caring as docs can be, it still isn't personal to them. Sadly, we are just another patient. They aren't there with us when we get our hearts broken every month when we POAS. Waiting a whole extra month doesn't mean much to them, but it's an eternity to us! I know you'll make the right choice for you. You are being monitored closely, and hey if you have quints I'm sure you would stay out of the TTC club for a long time after that! Make your whole family in one foul (or is it fowl? Another spelling perhaps?) swoop!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Clothobsessed2010
Allie I cannot wait to hear about your US! I hope it doesn't hurt and you have beautiful follicles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmorley
Allie, I hope your US goes well and is relatively painless! Its a shame your DH can't go with you but I'm sure he will be there in spirit. I know the pain of trying to figure out timing around crazy schedules. I'm sure you'll figure something out. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTheyssen

Allie- good luck with your US!!!!

Come on BFPs!!!!!
Thanks ladies!!! US was yesterday and actually wasnt unfomfortable at all! The US tech also has a tipped uterus so perhaps she was being gentle! It was oddly exciting to be in the US room looking at my uterus. It gave me hope about being in there later on. I found myself daydreaming about my DH being with me and looking at a flutter on the screen. *sigh* Soon, right?

She said my lining looks great, my uterus looked quite happy and I had tons of immature follies on both sides and one big follie on my left. The big one was 13 mm, tech said they want it to be 20 or higher.

Later in the afternoon I had my appt with my doc to discuss the results. She said she wanted to see that follie at least at 15, but thinks perhaps we started my CD1 too early (spotting instead of full flow). In that case I would only be 10 or 11 days yesterday instead of 13. She said she guesses I will O within the next three days.

I was a little disheartened by the size of my follie, plus my doc has an odd bedside manner. When i first went to her to get on BC she pretty very bluntly said "it's going to be hard for you to get pregnant and you'll probably need medical help." Plain as day, like she was telling me my shoes were untied. She is very nice, but I don't think she realizes that telling a 21 year old a month before her wedding day, "oh by the way, you probably can't get knocked up the old fashioned way" can be shocking and heartbreaking. I hadn't even asked about fertility when she brought that up, I was so blind-sided!

When she looked at my lining, she said "lining is... okay" in a monotone voice (if it wasnt for the US tech I would be really worried about it). After looking at everything she gave me two scenarios 1)my period starts and we'll know I O'd and keep Clomid at the same dose or 2)if no AF by CD35 then they will up my Clomid to 100mg. She never talked about if I get PG or when they would check for pregnancy. I assumed that if no AF on CD35 we would hope I was PG. Nope, all she would think about was that I just must not have O'd. I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt based on her personality, but it's hard. Am I being irrational?

Okay, I'm done for now, thanks for letting me vent!

BTW, I got some new Grovia in the mail today (mod flower, cloud and surf). They're all really cute, but surf is especially beautiful! The color is so much prettier in person!
__________________

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby number two, Locklan Thomas, arrived April 18, 2014..... And now surprise NUMBER THREE(!!) is due Dec 28, 2016. We're on a roll now!
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #20
mcmorley
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Suburbs of Philadelphia
Posts: 498
Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1 View Post
Thanks ladies!!! US was yesterday and actually wasnt unfomfortable at all! The US tech also has a tipped uterus so perhaps she was being gentle! It was oddly exciting to be in the US room looking at my uterus. It gave me hope about being in there later on. I found myself daydreaming about my DH being with me and looking at a flutter on the screen. *sigh* Soon, right?

She said my lining looks great, my uterus looked quite happy and I had tons of immature follies on both sides and one big follie on my left. The big one was 13 mm, tech said they want it to be 20 or higher.

Later in the afternoon I had my appt with my doc to discuss the results. She said she wanted to see that follie at least at 15, but thinks perhaps we started my CD1 too early (spotting instead of full flow). In that case I would only be 10 or 11 days yesterday instead of 13. She said she guesses I will O within the next three days.

I was a little disheartened by the size of my follie, plus my doc has an odd bedside manner. When i first went to her to get on BC she pretty very bluntly said "it's going to be hard for you to get pregnant and you'll probably need medical help." Plain as day, like she was telling me my shoes were untied. She is very nice, but I don't think she realizes that telling a 21 year old a month before her wedding day, "oh by the way, you probably can't get knocked up the old fashioned way" can be shocking and heartbreaking. I hadn't even asked about fertility when she brought that up, I was so blind-sided!

When she looked at my lining, she said "lining is... okay" in a monotone voice (if it wasnt for the US tech I would be really worried about it). After looking at everything she gave me two scenarios 1)my period starts and we'll know I O'd and keep Clomid at the same dose or 2)if no AF by CD35 then they will up my Clomid to 100mg. She never talked about if I get PG or when they would check for pregnancy. I assumed that if no AF on CD35 we would hope I was PG. Nope, all she would think about was that I just must not have O'd. I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt based on her personality, but it's hard. Am I being irrational?

Okay, I'm done for now, thanks for letting me vent!

BTW, I got some new Grovia in the mail today (mod flower, cloud and surf). They're all really cute, but surf is especially beautiful! The color is so much prettier in person!
Allie, I'm glad your US went well! Its so great when the staff make you feel comfortable. I'm sorry your appt with the doc was less than stellar. Its hard when they don't offer even a little hope. It sounds like she just doesn't have a very good bedside manner. Its good to hear that there is a plan if there is a next time, its just hard to see that she is already planning for the next time and you aren't even in the 2ww. I hope you get to call her office before CD35 braging about your BFP!
__________________
Maricarol my DH since Jan 2009. our first!
mcmorley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.