Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:57 AM   #21
ericanicole1111
Registered Users
seller

Re: November- TTC #1 (No Children Mentioned)

Just now catching up with everyone's status...
Fx for us all as usual!!!

CD 9 here so I dont expect any action for at least another week or more. I must confess that I haven't starting temping this cycle and am not sure that I will. Its such a hassle for me where I work nights & from last months chart (my 1st cycle temping) I have confidence that I am, in fact, ovulating regularly.
So we will seee!!

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 08:19 AM   #22
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliecatn1 View Post
Fair warning; this is a long one :-O

If you don't mind me asking, how much is an IUI (especially one vs two)?

I think this will be an awesome month for us (hopefully all of us!!)!

I wanted to try BD twice a day. With his numbers I feel like it's okay to try and I've heard good things about twice a day, so I figure it's worth a shot! Some days this week we can barely schedule it once a day. I think we have been doing pretty well though.

What day was CD1 for you, Tiffany?

What is the logic behind the soy isoflavones? What was your regimen with them?

The nurse in me says you should follow your docs advice. The TTC woman in me says do what you need to. You know in your gut what you should do and I know you've researched plenty. As good and caring as docs can be, it still isn't personal to them. Sadly, we are just another patient. They aren't there with us when we get our hearts broken every month when we POAS. Waiting a whole extra month doesn't mean much to them, but it's an eternity to us! I know you'll make the right choice for you. You are being monitored closely, and hey if you have quints I'm sure you would stay out of the TTC club for a long time after that! Make your whole family in one foul (or is it fowl? Another spelling perhaps?) swoop!

Thanks ladies!!! US was yesterday and actually wasnt unfomfortable at all! The US tech also has a tipped uterus so perhaps she was being gentle! It was oddly exciting to be in the US room looking at my uterus. It gave me hope about being in there later on. I found myself daydreaming about my DH being with me and looking at a flutter on the screen. *sigh* Soon, right?

She said my lining looks great, my uterus looked quite happy and I had tons of immature follies on both sides and one big follie on my left. The big one was 13 mm, tech said they want it to be 20 or higher.

Later in the afternoon I had my appt with my doc to discuss the results. She said she wanted to see that follie at least at 15, but thinks perhaps we started my CD1 too early (spotting instead of full flow). In that case I would only be 10 or 11 days yesterday instead of 13. She said she guesses I will O within the next three days.

I was a little disheartened by the size of my follie, plus my doc has an odd bedside manner. When i first went to her to get on BC she pretty very bluntly said "it's going to be hard for you to get pregnant and you'll probably need medical help." Plain as day, like she was telling me my shoes were untied. She is very nice, but I don't think she realizes that telling a 21 year old a month before her wedding day, "oh by the way, you probably can't get knocked up the old fashioned way" can be shocking and heartbreaking. I hadn't even asked about fertility when she brought that up, I was so blind-sided!

When she looked at my lining, she said "lining is... okay" in a monotone voice (if it wasnt for the US tech I would be really worried about it). After looking at everything she gave me two scenarios 1)my period starts and we'll know I O'd and keep Clomid at the same dose or 2)if no AF by CD35 then they will up my Clomid to 100mg. She never talked about if I get PG or when they would check for pregnancy. I assumed that if no AF on CD35 we would hope I was PG. Nope, all she would think about was that I just must not have O'd. I'm trying to take it with a grain of salt based on her personality, but it's hard. Am I being irrational?

Okay, I'm done for now, thanks for letting me vent!

BTW, I got some new Grovia in the mail today (mod flower, cloud and surf). They're all really cute, but surf is especially beautiful! The color is so much prettier in person!
I'm glad the ultrasound went very well. Blah for the doctor's mannor though. There's some doctors that just do not know how to deal with or speak to patients.

I dislike when doctors do not have hope. There is ALWAYS hope. There is always a chance. A follicle on average goes 2-3mm a day, sometimes more! That little follicle could be enough to have a baby.

IUI for me is either $260 or $160 I can't remember which. I'll have to double check. I've gotten to the mode that I don't even ask how much stuff costs just hand over my card LOL!

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #23
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Ultrasound was fantastic!!! 17, 15, 14, 13 and lots of 12s. No IUI and waiting to hear about the hcg shot. The nurse was like uh so how do you feel about triplets? Your chances are looking very good. hehe. Dh and I have discussed it lots and we are thrilled to have however many babies we are blessed with.

My dh is so silly. I was like chances of triplets are looking good. and he said "I get to have THREEEE babies?!." and then I said what if we have more than three? He said, "I get my own tv show." muhahaha. He's a goofball. Anyway, we just want however many we have to be healthy. With my luck I'll be lucky to be blessed with one so I don't have much hope for twins let alone more than that!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:29 AM   #24
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericanicole1111 View Post
Just now catching up with everyone's status...
Fx for us all as usual!!!

CD 9 here so I dont expect any action for at least another week or more. I must confess that I haven't starting temping this cycle and am not sure that I will. Its such a hassle for me where I work nights & from last months chart (my 1st cycle temping) I have confidence that I am, in fact, ovulating regularly.
So we will seee!!
and
Wootwoot. Almost ovulation time! I can't wait to see all our BFPS THIS month!!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #25
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow Tiffany!!! That is a LOT of follies!!! Yay for growing follies!!! Sending lots of baby dust your way!!!!

Mericarol, any pregnancy symptoms yet? Have you tested?

Erica, when do you normally O since you won't be BDing till next week? I'm CD 10 and started to BD last night and will go through CD 16 that way I don't miss my window of opportunity. I usually O cd 14 or 15.
DTheyssen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #26
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Allie, I took soy isoflavones because it is said to be like a natural Clomid. You need double the amount to equal the dose of Clomid you would take. So if you wanted 100 mg of Clomid you would take 200mg Isoflavones. You take it the same as Clomid too, so CD2-6 or 3-7 for more follicles, but might not be as big, or CD5-9 for less follicles,but they are bigger. You can get them over the counter, they are usually in 40mg doses so you may need to take several at once to get the dose you want. You can get it online for pretty cheap. I just tried it last month, and I am taking a month off just in case it caused a cyst last month. When I took Clomid I had to wait a month in between doses cause I would end up with a cyst after. Since I don't have an ultrasound to verify because I'm doing this on my own, I want to make sure if I did have a cyst that taking more meds won't make it worse. So that's why I'm not doing anything this month.
So, will the Dr. Trigger you or not. What's your plan for the rest of your cycle?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #27
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Oh! I'll share this with yall since you'll enjoy my craziness. DH and I baby danced last night at my usual bed time. I was exhausted, but of course, I wanted to keep my legs up for 20 minutes to seal the deal lol I ended up falling asleep with my legs in the air, woke up a bit after, tried to get off the bed and completely fell on my butt on the floor! haha. My legs and my arms were asleep.

Old 11-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #28
DTheyssen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lol! That's funny! I did the whole butt in the air thing too, only I just did it for like 5 min and then carefully slid over to my side of the bed and proped my butt up with a pillow and slept that way. LoL! The things we do to have a baby!
Old 11-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #29
ericanicole1111
Registered Users
seller

Haha! Yeah, I do the pillow under the butt thing usually :-X

& I ovulate on CD 18..lately. So we will prob start BDing in 4 or 5 days but I dont expect to O for another week or more.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #30
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Yea, I'm a nut. I put pillows underneat and keep my legs in the air haha. It's so much easier at the doctors after an IUI when they just flip the chair to be in the air and me upside down.