Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #21
Tippytoe
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookeeper
I'm working all weekend

~Rachel
Rachel, what size soaker does Toby wear? The smalls are so tight on my girl, but she's only like 14 lbs! I use a brown edge workhorse. And I know you said you use tinkle traps.

Advertisement

Old 11-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #22
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We are just at the edge of our small sbish soakers. I have been stalking fsot for mediums and just got my first this week. He is 17lbs now and I think we will probably be in mediums in the next couple of pounds. For me it is more of a rise issue. The small sbish longies still fit great though, man I love those! And yes, we use the TTs under the wool

~Rachel
Old 11-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #23
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *May 2011 Mamas - November Chat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenebean214 View Post
Libs has been keeping me on my toes at night. Sometimes she only wakes once or twice, sometimes she's up 5+ times (like last night, boo!). Since DH is gone most of the week, I keep her in bed with me after her first wake up to get as much sleep as possible. Sidecarring is what we will do with our next LOs!! Wish I would have from the getgo!
Is she teething? DS gave us a couple of weeks of sleeping 7-8 hours, then last month went back to up every 3! When his first tooth popped through last week we realized that's probably why he was up so much.

We don't have too much planned for the weekend, yesterday DS and I had lunch with a friend from college, then dinner with DH's coworkers. Today we're heading to Home Depot to get plywood so we can start storing things in the attic and I might have someone bringing me a free crib later too! If you guys haven't heard of it, check out Freecycle.org. You find a group near you and the whole ideal is to get rid of stuff you don't want or find things you need that other people don't want and it's all free. I've gotten bunches of baby clothes and that's where this free crib is coming from
Old 11-07-2011, 02:30 AM   #24
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

vent in progress...

I've had to be the breadwinner for more than a year now, since my husband lost his job last August. He has Xbox-induced insomnia coupled with he used to work night shift, so he's up super late almost every night whereas the baby and I go to bed between 8-10pm.

I've come to discover that not only is he completely useless in the middle of the night for anything other than killing virtual people/tanks/whatever, he's also cranky and rude. Today, DS woke me up before my alarm (but only by 10 minutes) to eat. He needed a change and surprisingly, DH was STILL awake and playing Xbox at 3am (usually he just falls asleep on the couch until I get ready for work, when he goes into bed), so I changed DS and left him with DH so I could get ready for work. Somewhere in the time it took me to shower and get dressed, DH decided that he was done playing Xbox and wanted to go to sleep, but DS was still awake.

While I'm making my lunch, DH is following me around with DS (our house isn't big, but he's going into every room that I'm going into, not subtle), he then proceeds to ask me what I do with DS when he doesn't go right back to sleep but DH is in bed. I tell him that I put DS in his rocking chair while I get ready for work.
"So you can put him in his rocking chair now and I can go to bed."

He didn't decide that he was going to bed until AFTER I had given him DS to watch while I got ready. Most of the time, once DH goes to bed, I let him sleep and he'll sleep anywhere from 8-10 (12 if I feel really nice) hours UNINTERRUPTED. He has no idea the luxury that is and feels as though it's a right. He's fantastic about everything else with the baby, it's just that he seems to think if I'm "up anyway" than why should he bother with night time stuff. If he was working 40 hours a week, heck yes I'd let him sleep, but he's not, he's working part time in the evenings, so excuse me if my higher paying job requires him to actually hold some responsibility at night. It's not my fault that he stays up late playing Xbox, nobody makes him (although if he doesn't come to bed before 12:30 on nights I work, he stays on the couch), he brings it on himself. If the Xbox didn't have Netflix on it, I would seriously consider letting it "disappear", I despise that machine with--almost--every fiber of my being.

There's more, but it's almost time for me to go and DS is STILL awake, so I'm going to try and nurse him again before I go, otherwise I have to wake DH up to watch him, oh darn
Old 11-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #25
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh my gosh you guys - what is going on with this baby. I mean that rhetorically since I know it's the 6 month growth spurt (or Wonder Week 26 if you guys follow that book). I have been MIA due to the CRANKIEST BABY IN THE WORLD.

DS has been a great sleeper since the beginning and is now slowly deteriorating. He has to be with me ALL DAY. Attached to the boob every other hour. Hardly smiles. Drools like crazy. He is growing and teething all at once. And he's trying to crawl. I'm going out of my mind! Normally I can get a break and he'll hang out with DH but he screams bloody murder if he isn't in my line of sight (DS that is, not DH, lol.) Holy moly. I hope this doesn't last long. Teethers and amber necklaces can only go so far.

The only good thing (sort of) to come out of this is that when DS gets really worked up or is away from me, he distinctly says MAMA. Or Mamamamama. But he never says it when he's with me. He says it when he's away from me or crying and then stops when I show up. Is it bad that makes me crazy happy?

Good to see pics of everyones littles ones! We don't put pics of DS online or else I'd post ours. You'll just have to take my word for it that he's a cutie
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:14 AM   #26
Tillie'smom
Registered Users
seller

Juliabell,
Tillie has begun this. Not full on yet but she has begun to cry every time I pass her to DH too. She has always been an active but very amiable babe. It is hard to find a quiet moment to gain any clarity.

Cherry coke,
I feel for you. What do you need from us? Do you just need to know that you have been heard and we care or do you want some advice? I hope things are better today.

Well ladies, we are going to get our vote on this morning. Tillie's first election. Just gubernatorial here but still an election.

Will check in later.
Tillie'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #27
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tillie'smom, thank you, I just needed to vent to someone. DH is fantastic when he's well-rested, and I also get cranky when I'm tired so I know how he feels.

have fun voting! I voted locally while I was pregnant, they did not let me cut in line lol
Old 11-09-2011, 06:43 PM   #28
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Things have been crazy around here! Lol, my head is spinning. We are buying a new house and are packing and the house is a wreck and it seems like we've had so much going on in general. Tomorrow DS gets done at school early, we're going to eat lunch with friends, then go to the dentist (never fun at least it's just a cleaning though), then go back to school for his parent-teacher conference. Geesh! Anyway... I've been reading just haven't had much time to reply.

cherrycoke - How frustrating!! I feel the same way about DH's late nights with the Xbox. I can totally relate except I am mad that he wants to sleep in on the weekend because I want to sleep in even though he deserves it more than I do. I don't even have to work and it annoys me. I hope the rest of your day got better! Feel free to vent anytime.

Tilliesmom - How cute! I took my DS to vote 3 years ago for the president. He got a little sticker that said "I voted today." It makes me smile to think about it.

Julia - Aww I'm sorry your DS has been so cranky! That's so hard on mama. I hope things are looking up for both of you. How sweet about him saying MAMA though! Today DD was crying in the car and I hear "ahhhh ma!!"
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #29
juliabell
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cherrycoke - I just fully read your post and I'm sorry for you having to deal with that. DH is in the tech industry and I'm so anti a lot of that stuff (especially for kids) that we butt heads a lot. I'm with you on throwing things out the window except for me it's the damn phones. Ever since DH got his he is always on it. It's part of the reason I ditched FB - such a waste of time.

AFM, DS slept all night and then slept in longer than usual this morning. And then played by himself on the floor really well while I cleaned up. And then took a good nap. So things seem to be on the up trend! I can tell because he's smiling more again. He was fairly unsmiley for a few days. No teeth poking through yet though! I worry one of these mornings I'm going to wake up and start nursing him half asleep and get a nice CHOMP.

Justineybean - the crying in the car is the worst. Sometimes he's just cranky but sometimes I make DH pull over and I go back there and there are tears. That's the defining time for me - no tears are just crankiness. Tears mean serious business. Ohh the wet eyelashes. Makes me so sad. DS seems to be unhappy in the car in the dark now. I wonder if it's because he can't see me in his mirror?
Wife to B. Mama to M (May 2011.) Expecting #2 (July 2014!)
CD, BF, BW, Waldorf, minimalist.
juliabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #30
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
DS seems to be unhappy in the car in the dark now. I wonder if it's because he can't see me in his mirror?
My DS is that way too, I tried leaving the dome light on but that doesn't do anything. It's always worse if he's over tired, if he's regular tired he just goes to sleep. He fusses when we put him in the car seat but if we distract him with a song while we're buckling him, he seems to forget he doesn't want to be there