Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #11
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means...

That's cute. FWIW, my 5 year old son eats a turkey & cheese sandwich for breakfast 3-4 days a week.

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love it! We have the same issue with our DD (just turned 3) about things frequently. Recently we told her we were going to target, and she got very upset when we arrived. She said she didn't want the "red Target", she wanted the "blue Target". It took us a while, but eventually we discovered she meant Walmart! haha. We don't even normally go to Walmart, but had been there that week to look at swingsets.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #13
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

BTW I want a grilled cheese sandwich now.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #14
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
On homemade bread. I've been eating a lot of grilled cheese lately.

I just think it's so cute when they get something in their head like that, and kids this age are so hard headed that you will never convince them that it's different. It's so adorable.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #15
Kayleen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomom View Post
Kayleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:47 AM   #16
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniebees View Post
On homemade bread. I've been eating a lot of grilled cheese lately.

I just think it's so cute when they get something in their head like that, and kids this age are so hard headed that you will never convince them that it's different. It's so adorable.
Maybe she wants pizza or mozzarella sticks? Mmmmm....mozz sticks ...

DD has decided to change the babysitter's name. For the longest time she was jabbering about "Bobbi." I could not, for the life of me, figure out who she knew named "Bobbi." Turns out "Jane" was too hard for a 16-month old to say, so DD just calls her "Bobbi" .
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 AM   #17
kai_e
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Super cute! DS2 calls everything cheese. He only has like 15 words so when he wants something and he doesn't know the word he just uses "cheese".

Example: Pointing to some random object that I can't see from the kitchen and babbling. Me from the kitchen, "What do you want, love?" Him "Daddy? Mommy? Nash? Shoes?" and it goes on through the list of words that knows.

When all else fails and I come in from the kitchen he will point at whatever it is, usually the remote control "Cheese? Cheese! Cheese!".

It can get *super* confusing if you are not used it. You really think he wants cheese all the time.
kai_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #18
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

PS, I you for the Princess Bride reference. I'm a fanatic.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #19
Liadan23
Registered Users
seller

lol. the other day my son asked for a "nak" (snack) and i was like, ok, sure. so i pulled out some yogurt. he LOVES yogurt, so i figured it was a good choice. at which point he took it, threw it across the room and threw himself down on the floor screaming "no mommy no! i want nak! nak! please!?!?" so....i tried a banana, raisins, trail mix, crackers. and got the same response every.single.time. i tried to get him to point to it, but he just pointed to a random cupboard that holds many of the items i'd already tried. when i lifted him up so he could try and pull it out himself, he just started throwing stuff out of the cupboard still crying and asking for a snack. i still have NO IDEA what he wanted. i eventually had to leave him to his kitchen temper tantrum and let him calm down. 5 minutes later he calmly came up and asked me again, and happily ate the yogurt i offered. wth?

i think it's kinda funny, but i do sorta feel bad for him in a way. he's just verbal enough that we mostly understand a lot of what he says and respond accordingly. but we still get a lot of babbled requests that make us go "huh?" and then when he doesn't get a response he gets really frustrated trying to explain himself and freaks out. i would be frustrated too!

all meals are also "breakfast" at our house. i come home from work frequently to him asking for his "breakfast". "taco" is also a word for all kinds of food. everything is a "taco". i'll say "what do you want for dinner?" and he goes "i have taco breakfast?"

Last edited by Liadan23; 11-02-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Liadan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #20
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liadan23 View Post
i think it's kinda funny, but i do sorta feel bad for him in a way. he's just verbal enough that we mostly understand a lot of what he says and respond accordingly. but we still get a lot of babbled requests that make us go "huh?" and then when he doesn't get a response he gets really frustrated trying to explain himself and freaks out. i would be frustrated too!
DFS is the same way! He has some speech delays, so even at 2.5, we only understand about half of what he says. He gets so mad!!!! I ask him to repeat himself about 50 times a day, and still sometimes can't figure it out, even after having him point. Luckily, he doesn't eat, so that eliminates many of the food issues, though he usually wants whatever DD has...
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote