Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 AM   #11
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Minimalist Baby

My excersauer collapses pretty flat I roll it and the base between a cupboard and wall when not in use. I agree the jumperoo is not as easy.

My sons till uses his at 10 months old. I think he was 4 months when he first went in it.

For Christmas he is getting a few gifts:
A craft set with paper and homemade finger paints, a crayon roll with jumbo crayons and some shaped crayons
a lovey from a wahm duringa heartsy deal
A cabbage patch doll (to poor to afford waldorf lol)

Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #12
newwife777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was going to say get the baby a diaper, LOL! Or maybe take some empty plastic bottles, small ones, and put some rice or beans and stuff in them to make shakers. I don't know, I don't think we got DS anything his first Christmas, but the ILs did.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:53 AM   #13
MamatoGreta
Registered Users
seller

We don't do Christmas, but we have gifts at Hanukkah. My older kids do not get big gifts either, so they don't think twice about the baby not getting something big and fancy. This year their "big gift" will be a set of handmade peg dolls, each girl will get a family of 10. New baby will get a sophie giraffe, and my 13 month old will get a new wooden push toy. I am also making them all new bedding that they will get as a gift.

I've made over $250 on Swagbucks! sign up and you can too!
MamatoGreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
hibiscus869
Registered Users

I prefer to give a few quality gifts at Christmas (or birthdays) rather than a lot of geegaws. Usually since we only give 2 or 3 gifts I'll make a treasure hunt for each gift- this prolongs the excitement and the fun and my ds LOVES it. I think he loves the hunt every bit as much as the actual present. Babies are more interested in the Christmas lights and wrapping paper than a gift, although as the parent it's fun to get them something of course. I got my baby a subscription to Baby Bug- it's sort of like a magazine subscription except it's baby books.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
hezdwoody
Registered Users

I wouldn't consider something like that essential. I never had anything like that with my two and I never really thought about needing it and I spend plenty of time in the kitchen. Every baby and parent are different for instance DD wouldn't have done well at all in something like that. She did very well being sat down to play where I could watch her from the kitchen, so that purchase would've been wasted money. DS was so clingy that he wasn't happy unless on my hip, so if I had to cook and was worried he might get hurt he just ended up unhappy in the crib so at least he would be safe.

I guess what I am saying, from a minimalist standpoint, is just hold out and see how you do without it. You may find that the baby does fine without it, my mom (mother of 8) would just set the baby in the highchair with a little snack or toy while she cooked.

I would just get the baby something small that will definitely get used. For us that would be biter biscuits, those little puff snacks, a new cute outfit, or Sophie the giraffe (which I've been eying for a long time lol).