Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
Fosters723
Registered Users

Eating

I am on week 4, I feel like I want to eat everything which I already normally do that but it seems a little more than normal. Usally I am full and don't think about food. Now I am full and thinking of what else I can eat, is that just me? or could that be a sign? not to metion I eat 3 times at work compared to the once a day. I've had minor cramps and spotting but nothing that makes me feel pregnant lol

Advertisement

Fosters723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Fosters723
Registered Users

Re: Eating

like I ate dinner at prob about 6 would be my guess no later than 7 I know that.. and its now 9 and im straving
Old 11-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #3
Fosters723
Registered Users

This is all in my head isn't it?
Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #4
ackeller
Registered Users
seller

Probably all in your head at 4 weeks, but it might be due to hormones too. If you don't want to gain 60lbs this pregnancy, you should probably count calories and clear your house of junk food to be on the safe side. It may help, depending on what you're already eating, to up your soluble fiber (beans, hummus, etc) and salt.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
Fosters723
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeller View Post
Probably all in your head at 4 weeks, but it might be due to hormones too. If you don't want to gain 60lbs this pregnancy, you should probably count calories and clear your house of junk food to be on the safe side. It may help, depending on what you're already eating, to up your soluble fiber (beans, hummus, etc) and salt.
Ya the clearing of the junk food wont happen lol husband would never let that happen but I will just have to try to eat lots of healthy snacks, fruits veggies etc
Old 11-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just don't fall into the trap of "eating for two." You're not eating for two. The baby only needs an extra 300 or so calories. I don't doubt that you're hungier than usual but don't let it become an excuse to eat bad foods or large portions.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Fosters723
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRoll View Post
Just don't fall into the trap of "eating for two." You're not eating for two. The baby only needs an extra 300 or so calories. I don't doubt that you're hungier than usual but don't let it become an excuse to eat bad foods or large portions.
So really I can just eat as I always have & if my tummy is hungry I dont have to go rush to eat, that wont hurt anything? I can wait until I get home or what ever right?
Old 11-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #8
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's not all in your head - I'm 6 weeks and had had breakfast and 2 lunches all before 11:30am I eat really healthy though, and exercise. I actually have trouble gaining while I'm pregnant so I allow myself to eat as much as I'm hungry for. As long as you're not already overweight, you're eating healthy and you're exercising it really shouldn't be a problem IMO. Make sure and get enough protein and carbs, food that fill you up. While fruits and veggies are good, you want to offset them with more filling foods. If you munch on carrot sticks all day, chances are when dinner comes you'll be so hungry you'll overeat. Just balance each meal
Old 11-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
CaliRoll
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fosters723 View Post
So really I can just eat as I always have & if my tummy is hungry I dont have to go rush to eat, that wont hurt anything? I can wait until I get home or what ever right?
Right. The only time I ever rush to eat is because (in the first trimester or so) my morning sickness gets worse when I'm hungry. Eating makes the nausea go away or at least not so bad.

If you're hungry, eat. Just grab an apple and some peanut butter instead of Frito's or Taco Bell. Keep healthy snacks stashed in your desk.
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:03 PM   #10
Fosters723
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey View Post
It's not all in your head - I'm 6 weeks and had had breakfast and 2 lunches all before 11:30am I eat really healthy though, and exercise. I actually have trouble gaining while I'm pregnant so I allow myself to eat as much as I'm hungry for. As long as you're not already overweight, you're eating healthy and you're exercising it really shouldn't be a problem IMO. Make sure and get enough protein and carbs, food that fill you up. While fruits and veggies are good, you want to offset them with more filling foods. If you munch on carrot sticks all day, chances are when dinner comes you'll be so hungry you'll overeat. Just balance each meal
Okay good to know. I saw someone somewhere post something about enchiladas so im super hungry love Mexican now im going to try to make them tonight for the first time lol. What kinda exercise can i still run untill im huge LOL