Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Those who school year round...

We will be schooling year round starting this year (started in August). Those of you that do this...do you take breaks every so often, a schedule maybe that you follow?

TIA

Advertisement

Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Those who school year round...

We do school year round, but this is our first year also and my oldest is just in K. I am not planning a lot of specific days off nor do I have a specific schedule of days doing school v. days off. I have 5 kids who are 6 and under. Life is unpredicatable for us. So, one of the biggest reasons I chose to school year round was so that we would have the freedom to take random days off as needed.

So, we plan to take off Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, but I'm not necessarily planning to take off a whole week. We will see how the week goes. That is how it is for us every week.

For us, it is just having the freedom to take off when we need to whether it is scheduled or not.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #3
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

we just end up being more relaxed with our schooling than we normally would. for example this week i started an early maternity leave, and we didn't do school for a few days because i needed some serious decompression time. we just played outside and worked on some household projects. there have been times where i've been too tired or sick, or one of the kids has, or it's just been a crazy day, and we had the freedom to just not do school that day because we hs year round. woohoo!
Old 11-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we school all year around and take breaks when we want. I don't follow a schedule, I do mark down for the days we do. We always do more than the 180 mandatory in our state so I'm comfortable with how it's working out.

I'm swaggin now!! Come join me
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Niknak22
LovelyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We school year round and take breaks as needed. Also we only do a 4 day school week. we rarely take more then a week off though, and usually not that long.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
By Grace
Registered Users
seller

Thumbs up Re: Those who school year round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyMum View Post
we school all year around and take breaks when we want. I don't follow a schedule, I do mark down for the days we do. We always do more than the 180 mandatory in our state so I'm comfortable with how it's working out.
This.

We schedule time off for certain holidays, and occasionally take a day off just because. This leaves us plenty of time for family vacation, or time with family when they visit, or just whatever comes up.

Smarty Pants Diapers
By Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #7
croark
Registered Users
seller

We sorta school year round. I've implemented a 3 weeks on and 1 week off schedule for this year. Only in Nov and Dec does that get messed up a little so that we get Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks off. So we roughly get a week off every month (we start in August) and still get the last week of June and all of July off. That allots for a 180 day year.
So far this schedule has been wonderful. It gives us something to look forward to since we know a week off is coming up. I think it's gonna help with burn out and fizzle too.

I posted ideas for yearly scheduling a while back. Let me go see if I can find it.
croark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
croark
Registered Users
seller

Here it is:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1243077
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
Mysweetseven
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

After reading everyones posts I've decided that we are going to take a week off. It seems like a good time for a break for us. The kids are starting to lose the excitement they had at the beginning of the year and I really need to get some closets cleaned, toys gone through etc before the holidays start to roll around.

I'm off to check out the link..Thanks croark
Mysweetseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
croark
Registered Users
seller

Yeah, if u haven't had a break since you started, it's probably time. Breaks are just important as the actual school work. Without them, you will crash and burn.

Last edited by croark; 11-03-2011 at 11:30 AM.