Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-02-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Buying Curric

I have been with a charter and K12 since we have started hs because they pay for all the curric. I am tired of playing the games and jumping through their hoops, but I just dont know if I can afford curric for my two oldest sons. I know what I want to use and some can be found used on Amazon and some not. Where else can I find used curric that is a good reputable place?

Advertisement

Old 11-02-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
heidip2p
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Buying Curric

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forum...splay.php?f=15
heidip2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been on there...what so you do when you can't find the things you want? Im feeling like we can't afford to buy what I really want. It seems hard to find things used...

Sent from my DROIDX using DS Forum
Old 11-03-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

You find what works for your budget. You can get some really neat stuff for next to nothing or even free. Also, check your area for homeschooling groups. It is possible someone is getting rid of what you are wanting. Or, someone there might have some ideas on something that would work for you and then you can see it up close and check it out before buying.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
By Grace
Registered Users
seller

If you're using a book reading list, like Charlotte Mason or Sonlight, you can borrow books from the library and make up your own schedule (substitute books of your own choosing when you can't get the actual book from your list of choice). Then you'd only need to buy math and some kind of LA. (Library books could cover history, geography and science.) Get math and LA used, and have your kids write their answers on paper instead of in the workbooks, so everything can be used again. It's a little more of a hassle, but you can put together an excellent program this way without spending much money. A friend of mine does this kind of thing a lot, and it's working out great for them.

Smarty Pants Diapers
By Grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #6
sisterof10
Registered Users

In addition to the places listed above, homeschool conferences usually have used book sale sections that are super cheap. I also love Abebooks.com for used items.
sisterof10 is offline   Reply With Quote