Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: how do I encourage DS to sleep longer at night?

Our dd is also struggling. She is 7.5 months old. I think she is teething, but not sure. She sleeps for 2.5 hours for the first stretch, then she feeds every hour to 2 hours throughout the rest of the night. Has anyone used ? We're thinking of it, but my husband feels that CIO is the answer. Our dd would outcry CIO IMO. She doesn't nap well either.

Kawaiiwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:27 PM   #12
Registered Users

I'm leary of "sleep trainers". As far as books go, I like Dr. Sears' "The Baby Book" and I found the advice in it very realistic and helpful. I see my child as having needs that I want to meet, not that he is trying to be difficult.

I saw a quote the other day that said something like "We are not managing an inconvenience, we are raising human beings". It reminds me that he is just a little guy trying to figure it all out and I want to gently and lovingly help him.
Wife to my sweetheart and SAHM to my little lovey, Colin (12/10) my little family

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 11-07-2011 at 08:29 PM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #13
Registered Users

Originally Posted by colin-mylilguy View Post
Just a thought: would having the baby in the same room (still in a crib) help? That made a huge difference for me. I don't have to go so far to get him and sometimes DH will bring LO to me (which really is so nice ). I noticed that even a few extra seconds made a difference with whether or not LO woke all the way up or stayed drowsy and nurses right back to sleep... Maybe that might be the trick?
I think it'll be better when we move to the new house since his new bedroom door and ours will right across from each other instead of down the hall.
~ Heidi ~ Christian Wife and Mom
DS ~ DD ~ DS
Rustic Barnyard - Custom Refinished Furniture
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:

I am so with everyone about CIO! I can't do it! I am crazy exhausted due to DS2 getting up all the time to eat. He has practically day weaned and only wants solids all day and then wants to nurse all night. It is making me so tired, but at the same time he will not nurse during the day. I just keep telling myself he will sleep through the night by 1, so this is just a few more months. It is such a short period of time. DS1 started STTN around 10 months.
So I feel the sleep deprivation, but I am also just trying to embrace my bonding experience too. I know it will end very soon and then I can sleep again! Although it has been several years since I slept through the night, so I have no idea what that will feel like, LOL!
Happy Mom to 3 boys - 6/18/09 and 3/11/11 and 11/17/13 -
Married to my LOVE!
Levi_Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote