Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #21
vrclay
Registered Users
seller

Re: Ped says I'm selfish for waiting to introduce solids?

Um, I did actually delay solids for selfish reasons - just one more thing to wash and another thing to do. My fat and happy BF baby didn't show any interest in solids so I was in no hurry. Wonder what yoru doc would have said about me?

Sorry you had to deal with this. I wish I could say it gets easier but I've learned to tailor my response - Is the baby sleeping through the night? He sleeps like a baby I say with a big smile.

You know what's best for your baby.

Advertisement

vrclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #22
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd also change peds. My ped had never heard of BLW, but my daughter has always been in the 90th percentile and above, so whatever I'm doing must be working.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #23
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:

I didn't read all of the responses, but regardless of why he said that, I hope you find a new Ped or practice.
Bmomma2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
knodceo
Registered Users
seller

I just got that earfull today! And gasp no cereals because Allergies run in the family. She said that I would continue to see his percentile drop if I didn't. I'm pretty sure a 6 month old that crawls and extremely active plays a role in that! And I did it with my daughter and she's fine.
knodceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #25
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knodceo View Post
I just got that earfull today! And gasp no cereals because Allergies run in the family. She said that I would continue to see his percentile drop if I didn't. I'm pretty sure a 6 month old that crawls and extremely active plays a role in that! And I did it with my daughter and she's fine.
My kids start at the 90th percentile and then drop off at about the same time. They just end up being lean kids and not too tall. Luckily, my ped. had the sense to look at my dh and I and notice neither is what you would call big.

I never got that pushing the cereal thing. Luckily, my ped. never pushed when I said I start with real food.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.

Last edited by Agla; 11-10-2011 at 12:11 PM.
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #26
Beccimae
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We currently have to use a practice with a ton of ped. drs (small town). The one that saw my latest nursling at the hospital was a piece of work! He actually threw the cloth diaper at the nurse in the nursery and said "What is this thing!?!". I know because the nurses were laughing about it later in my room. Anyway, he tried to tell my DH and I a lot of things but we just kind of glazed over and nodded. I refused the Hep at the hospital as this is something I always do. I really didn't care what he thought (comes with the large amount of wrinkles and grey I currently have). Another ped. at the office recommended I start using a bottle on my baby for "my freedom". That is hysterical really but I think he thought he was doing the right thing. I just gave him a little smile and said, Dr. I have four children under the age of 5...there is no "freedom"! He then laughed and the conversation was normal. If it bothers you too much, get a new doctor for sure. The "selfish" comment was completely out of line. So sorry this happened to you Mama! Some of these doctors really have absolutely no bedside manner to speak of or complete knowledge of their job.
Beccimae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM   #27
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a Ped tell me at my youngest DD's 12 mth well baby check up that I had to stop breastfeeding because if i did not she would not eat solid food,funny how she's been eating solid food for over 2.5 mths by then. I quickly let the Ped know her information was completely wrong,she of course was just baffled by this and DD went on to nurse until she was 32 mths old.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:25 PM   #28
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

I can't stand rude doctors! I would def change peds.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM   #29
Mallymom
Registered Users
seller

That's really too bad that he was not more supportive. I would follow your heart. They may be the expert in the field of med but you are the expert of your baby.

Last edited by Mallymom; 11-25-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Mallymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #30
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fire him. Sigh. It's crazy the things doctors tell us as fact that we know is stupid. My ped flat out told me that breastfeeding grossed him out. Yes, his wife breastfed his kids and he knows the health benefits but it grosses him out. He was pretty horrified when I told him I planned to breastfeed DD until well after her open heart surgery at 15 months. lol He assurred me that I didn't have too. I assurred him that I was going to give my DD and I that comfort during the most traumatic event of our lives.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote