Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-05-2011, 06:51 AM   #11
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm in one of those moods....

Yep no place for us to store it, except my mom's house and she is a hoarder (literally) so I refuse to bring in more "mess" to her house even if it has intent to be removed. If she is ok living amongst all of that filth and stuff then I guess that is her business but I certainly am not going to contribute to it. We have done rummage sales in the past but I found the only thing we actually sold was baby/kids clothes and items so that is what I keep to sell. The other stuff we have isn't really stuff people buy at garage sales so I donate. And then there is stuff that just gets trashed because it is broken etc. Donating stuff seriously brings me peace of mind and although we could really use money it isn't worth it for me. LIke I said I do keep baby stuff to sell but that's it and it has to fit in a designated area or it has to go.

Advertisement

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:54 AM   #12
newwife777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm in one of those moods....

Do you have any kid's resale shops around you? You might not make a ton, but that's what I did in the states with a lot of the baby and kid's items I needed to unload, didn't want to give away, but also didn't want to take pictures of, post on CL or ebay, etc.

Oh, also, are there any churches around that do yard sales or anything? Collect items for missions trips? My IL's church (in IL, LOL) does a yearly "no-sale yard sale" where they collect tons and tons and tons of stuff from people, then invite people from the community to come in, assess their needs, and take what they need- for free.