Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:
Did some purging today and I feel better about things.

I have been stressed lately, about a lot of things really. I have been feeling like I have so little actual control in my life and that depresses me. I went to bed thinking I wanted to do *something* to help me feel better. After I woke up and got the kids dressed I went through my closet. I have already been through it and though I just couldn't part with anything else. Well I have 3 neatly folded stacks and 2 pairs of shoes at the end of my bed that say otherwise. I also thought I had thinned out the blankets (baby blankets on up through the queen size stuff) but I have a stack of those to prove I was mistaken as well. We have been through the kids toys a lot and just in the last 8 months have gotten rid of more than half of their toys (and we did a HUGE purge before we moved earlier in the year) so I really though there wasn't much else to get rid of. A basket full of toys they haven't asked for back yet say to me that I let to many things creep in over the summer. They don't miss them or really care I took them but I thought I was in for a fight. They have been happily playing with the toys that are left (and that is still a large storage tub, a small storage tub, a basket of stuffed animals & 2 floor toys + play kitchen and playfood). They have a decent assortment of books and that is something we rarely thin but we got rid of a small stack of the ones they really never ask us to read them. I also went though and pulled out their clothing that they still fit into from summer but can't wear due to the cold and they most likely won't fit them next summer. I took a box of toys to the garage to go elsewhere and just need to move the storage bin of clothing & the basket of toys out there too.

I still feel like I need to get more control over things & I still feel the need to purge but for today I feel like I have at least accomplished a little bit. Not as much as I want to but seeing so much ready to leave the house makes me feel a little less stressed. There has got to be something else to purge (there is still always stuff laying around that we don't have room for) but I keep getting overwhelmed or sentimental. I need to figure out where to purge/organize next. Dh helps me but sometimes we don't see eye to eye so maybe it's better if I do it myself?

Advertisement

ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #2
newwife777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did some purging today and I feel better about things.

LOL, yeah, it's probably better if you do it yourself, or give him options. "You can keep this OR this." "If you get rid of this stack of stuff, you can keep/get this."

I'm glad purging made you feel better! It does me, too. And I loooooooooooooove throwing stuff away. Reading your post made me itchy to get up and find some crap to throw out!!!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #3
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did some purging today and I feel better about things.

I have been feeling really out of control of things lately and it is leading to me feeling really down so I totally understand. Purging would probably make me feel better but I am feeling really sluggish (that's how I get when I feel out of control) and the purging is happening but nothing big that I really feel good about. My stresses are pretty much money things which is unusual for me since I normally don't stress about money. Anyways, not trying to hijack but I think maybe if I do as you did and purge some stuff maybe it will lift my spirits.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote