Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #21
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Explain to me about cloth and circumcision

the first time we used vaseline and no liner with my fitteds and no issues it didn't even stick or mess up the fitteds. this last time we used unpetroleum jelly and no fleece or other liners again, no issues.

Advertisement

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
loonyluna
Registered Users
seller

Are y'all using fleece as liners or as a gauze substitute? Or both?

I've been doing research, and a lot of mohl's websites say to use sposies so the area stays dry. Wouldn't the chemicals be more irritating though? Or would the petroleum protect the skin?
loonyluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #23
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Fugera (sp?) vitamin A and D, not the regular A&D diaper rash stuff. This is what they used on my oldest. I didn't use cloth at that time, but I would think it would be better to use gauze and then fleece. gauze to really get a lot of the ointment on there and the fleece to then draw moisture away and into the diaper and protect the diaper.
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyluna View Post

I've been doing research, and a lot of mohl's websites say to use sposies so the area stays dry. Wouldn't the chemicals be more irritating though? Or would the petroleum protect the skin?
I think the fleece and gauze would keep it dry enough. That and changing every time they pee. I think that'd be a better option than a wet sposie.

Last edited by el's mama; 11-11-2011 at 07:29 PM.
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #25
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

i did use sposies in the hospital and they stuck to him every time, I had to peel it off. as far as wetness with cloth i just made sure to change the moment he wet.

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:10 PM   #26
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

See:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheliala View Post
i did use sposies in the hospital and they stuck to him every time, I had to peel it off. as far as wetness with cloth i just made sure to change the moment he wet.
And using a fleece liner will wick away the moisture to help it stay dry.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #27
loonyluna
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas! I appreciate the information!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #28
mama2sweetpeas
Registered Users

My Mood:

Interesting~ I do remember now someone telling me to request the plasti bell perhaps? Can't remember. It IS a teaching hospital, so that is a VERY good point to ask the doc/whoever to make sure and have a doc do it, not a student doc. I sometimes find the student docs I see along with my reg. doc get nervous just listening to the baby's hb and measuring my fundal height! Thanks for the replies all.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #29
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My son was born circumcised! He had just a tiny bit of foreskin that the drs wanted to allow to grow until he was old enough for reconstructive surgery at 10 months. He had some plumbing issues that had to be corrected..... medically neccessary; not optional. The little amount he had was removed and reused during the whole process and he has stitches galore, right now.

Anyway: I despise liners, so I bought enough bamboo inserts to get through 2 full days that are dedicated for this very reason..... A&D or vaseline only were the dr's instructions bc he says lanolin will dissolve the stitches too soon. I lay my inserts into my pockets rather than stuff them and I wash them separately just to er on the side of caution. It's a little more work but I'd rather have to replace my inserts than the diapers, once he's healed. Recovery can take up to 5 months!

We only use cloth now bc ds is allergic to most sposies. We used to use them for overnight but had to find a nighttime cd after the surgery bc the sposies, no matter how much A&D we used, would stick to my poor boy EVERY stinkin time we used them. And bamboo (even though it isn't stay-dry and ds is usually super sensitive to wetness) does have antibacterial properties. DS is much more comfy, now and hasn't had a wetness-related rash, since.

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 11-12-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #30
loonyluna
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Mommy2Daniel= View Post
My son was born circumcised! He had just a tiny bit of foreskin that the drs wanted to allow to grow until he was old enough for reconstructive surgery at 10 months. He had some plumbing issues that had to be corrected..... medically neccessary; not optional. The little amount he had was removed and reused during the whole process and he has stitches galore, right now.

Anyway: I despise liners, so I bought enough bamboo inserts to get through 2 full days that are dedicated for this very reason..... A&D or vaseline only were the dr's instructions bc he says lanolin will dissolve the stitches too soon. I lay my inserts into my pockets rather than stuff them and I wash them separately just to er on the side of caution. It's a little more work but I'd rather have to replace my inserts than the diapers, once he's healed. Recovery can take up to 5 months!

We only use cloth now bc ds is allergic to most sposies. We used to use them for overnight but had to find a nighttime cd after the surgery bc the sposies, no matter how much A&D we used, would stick to my poor boy EVERY stinkin time we used them. And bamboo (even though it isn't stay-dry and ds is usually super sensitive to wetness) does have antibacterial properties. DS is much more comfy, now and hasn't had a wetness-related rash, since.
Do you mind sharing how your LO handled the surgery? My little man is 6 months, and I'm nervous how he'll handle being circ'd at an older age. Thanks for the bamboo insert tip also. That sounds like a good plan, especially for overnight use.