Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #1
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another nighttime diaper question.

This is what we use now:

BG 3.0 + 2 JoeyBunz hemps

The velcro isn't holding up to her wiggles. Sometimes the diapers are SOAKED through and so are her PJs.

Last time I tried to do a fitted, she woke up screaming with ammonia burns.

I can't pay more than $30 for a nighttime solution.

Any help???

Advertisement

Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
eschillo
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: Another nighttime diaper question.

Try the new fuzzibunz minky inserts. I HIGHLY recommend them. My daughter is HEAVY night wetter, even wets through nighttime disposables! We use 2 minky inserts on her at night and have had NO problems. Minky is extremely thin, more absorbant and even holds less odor.

You can buy the inserts and use them in your BG's....
eschillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:10 AM   #3
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thank you!

Any other suggestions? Any pockets with better elastic than BG3.0 that I can get on DS? I think the big gaps due to the extra stuffings are leading to the leaks.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
kangasox
Registered Users
seller

We just started using lollidoos overnights. Not cheap, but try fsot. We tried so many things and she nurses all night and is a heavy wetter. We've used it (experimenting) for several nights with no leaks, no wicking, and dry baby skin in the morning. Now I have to bite the bullet and buy a couple more!
kangasox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:08 AM   #5
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've actually heard of Lollidoos.... maybe I could ask for an early Christmas present! I'm thinking 3 would be my bare minimum. I'm also going to try Greenline fleece, but I have to wait until it's ready to ship. Thanks, I'll look on FSOT for those Lollidoos and minkies.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe try a wool soaker over the top of your BG 3.0 if you don't find something else. If we use a PUL cover or pocket overnight I can't stuff it enough for DD to not leak, but I can do less diaper in a fitted with wool over the top. There are a few hemp pockets(Happy Hempy is what we have) that have a stay dry layer on the inside against the baby. Our Happy Hempy aren't stay dry as that wasn't an option when I bought them. The velcro holds super tight, and you can stuff the pocket pretty full if you need to and the legs don't gap at all. This is our go to now for DD and then we cover with fleece soaker or pants or wool soaker or pants and she lasts all night(11-12hrs).
Old 11-10-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
floridatracy
Registered Users
seller
seller

In my experience pockets don't work as well as having the absorbent fabric right next to the baby's skin. Flip covers with organic cotton inserts work great and they're pretty inexpensive. If you're worried about the wetness next to the skin you can just use a fleece liner. I've tried fiited with wool, every pocket combo and the flip insert works better then any of them for us.
floridatracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #8
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahonycm View Post
Thank you!

Any other suggestions? Any pockets with better elastic than BG3.0 that I can get on DS? I think the big gaps due to the extra stuffings are leading to the leaks.
DS is usually very sensitive to wetness and I thought we needed stay-dry only until I found bamboo. We use alva pockets. The minky with bamboo inner holds well for overnight. I stuff with a hempbabies doubler then lay in an alva (modified by me) bamboo insert. No leaks yet.

As for the ammonia burn:
You don't have any buildup in your diapers, do you?

Also:
Are you using a wetness barrier cream or ointment for overnight?
That can make a BIG difference when they're going to be in a diaper for that length of time. DS doesn't have to have the cream during the day bc I change him frequently but at night, it's a MUST!

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 11-10-2011 at 06:17 AM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #9
Ahtumn
Registered Users

I have 3 lollidoos I dont want that I just bought about a month ago. they have all been washed but only one has even been worn. I would sell them for 30$ each if that is your limit, I paid 38$ each plus 6$ for a set of innies (one diaper did not come with it because I chose for it to have "flair".
Ahtumn is offline   Reply With Quote