Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
Registered Users
22 months and reqesting to switch sides every minute

DS is 22 months and still nurses a few times a day. He has started to ask to switch sides about every minute or so. He doesn't nurse for long anyway, so the time isn't a problem. The problem is that he wants to switch back and forth and usually nurses on each side at least 2-3 times. We aren't interested in weaning. Has anyone had their LO start doing this? How should I respond or what should I do?

Thank you!

happycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 22 months and reqesting to switch sides every minute

my DS has done this since he was about 10-12months old (18months now) and I think it is just a way for him to 'play with his food' or who knows, maybe they just want a 'drink' and not a 'meal' and are wanting to get just the foremilk? who knows lol
I just let him switch when we're at home but when we're out I only let him switch sides once lol.
Married to my best friend and soul mate Jason.
SAHM to DD Shariah (12/00) and DS Tristan (5/10).
ISO: Chubby Cherub AI2 Diapers!
Find BF'ing Ribbons here.
foolsgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Registered Users
It's completely normal Nothing to do with weaning. If it bothers/annoys you, 22 months is an appropriate age to set limits. Example, "You can have each side x times, after that you're done" or "We aren't going to switch back and forth, if you want to nurse you can nurse on this side".
Single Mommy to my 3 year old DS born all natural. We are a Cosleeping, Breastfeeding, Babywearing Non-Vaxing DUO!!
Connor is offline   Reply With Quote