Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #1
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Aug 2011 March chat!

Lol ladies we did it again!!!

Thanks for the recommendation. Blu is skinny too so that is very helpful!

Advertisement

dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:

It's Friday at 8:44pm and I am so going to bed when Harper does. I'm sleeeeeepy! Nursing her now and it'll hopefully be in my bed in like 13 minutes...tops. Ha

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 2011 March chat!

Hope you get sod good sleep britt! Hope everything is settling down.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:46 AM   #4
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aww britt, jealous of that sleep!

So, I was basically fired from my ped yesterday. Henry had his weight check and while he gained half a pound in two weeks, it wasn't enough for her and she was bullying me into doing formula, telling me he was failure to thrive and I simply stated that I don't feel comfortable giving him formula when I have a good milk supply and when he is gaining, just slower than the average baby.

She basically cut the visit abruptly and was like "I'm not doing this with you." So it was her way or the highway. I took the high road.

It wasn't even so much that I don't like the idea if formula, the ingredients overwhelm me, but he does nurse well and often and I have plenty if good fatty milk (fattier than I even thought). But there was zero encouragement or suggestions on how to keep breast feeding most important. She gave no direction for how to even supplement and she had zero suggestions for which type of formula is a good option for a baby with mild sensitivity to milk protein and soy.

I asked her if she'd ever read the ingredients on a can of formula and she admitted that she had not but continued to insist that formula is just as good and that my baby was ftt.

I was so mad, when I checked out, the receptionist was like "do you need to make another appointment?" I said "no!" I wanted to say "never again with you people."

I came home and poured over growth charts and grams gained per day. And talked it over with dh, he feels confortabke doing what we have been and seeing how he is at 6 months, checking his weight every little while at his office. He was really mad that there was no care plan in place. He admitted that I was a nightmarish patient but that didn't excuse her from meeting me in the middle on a care plan. She couldn't even give me a goal for where we want his weight in say 2 weeks, 2 months, etc.

It was a horrific experience. I plan on writing an apology (because I was a brat) but I will also state what I found to be unjust and unprofessional as well.

And now... I have to look for a new peds office, ugh. I think I might look for a fam doc this time that actually values breast feeding!!!!

Btw, he was 11lb 8oz, up from 11lb 16 days ago. He is very slender but he looks and acts healthy. That irritated me as well. All she kept doing was looking at the paper and numbers instead if looking at the whole baby. I felt like she was about to whip out her textbook.

And she had the audacity to patronize me being all like "I've been to blah blah blah years of medical school and training." I looked her right in the eye and said "you know my husband is a physician, I know EXACTLY what you have been through." It was bad ladies.
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh hugs Melissa!

I never had that issue bc like you said just look at the baby and see he's doing great. That's what all my peds do. They actually always looked stumped bc they look at the paper then look at the baby then weigh again and re-weigh and see my child doing things babies their age don't do and they just say well we will keep an eye on them but they are fine.

I am so sorry you went through that but it gives you time to really look and know what you want.

It's. funny bc you are do pro doctor and it not that you don't do holidtic things you are such a great mix of the 2. You are a nightmare patient bc you are knowledgable not bc you are a nightmare!

Hugs you are doing an amazing job. If it makes you feel better Harper is 10 months and 15lbs. I walk around thinking I have a giant baby and then bring her around 6-7 month olds who are do much bigger than her lol.

I know my children will not be small though. I was a teeny thing young and then I was the biggest. That is were we are with blu now.

As for the charts and %s I have a hard time with those. Bc isn't there an obesity issue in the us? A study just came out that our childrens generation is the 1st generation or expected to live longer than there previous generation.

If Henry was lethargic and alert I think you and your dh would have been proactive. I put tanner through all kinds of test and guess what he's just skinny!

Hugs again and in case you didn't know you are an amazing mom!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #6
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hugs! I'm so proud of you, even if she thought you were a nightmare.
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks mamas, knowing you are in my corner is so awesome!
Old 03-09-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Sorry Melissa sometimes you have to stand up o doctors and give them some of their own 'medicine' haha
Trinity is doing well! She's about 9 lbs now. She's getting chunky

Click image for larger version

Name:	PhotoGrid_1393624046866.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	164732
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #9
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

She is so cute!!!!!
Old 03-09-2014, 04:38 PM   #10
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What a doll!

Last edited by smblake; 03-24-2014 at 01:31 PM.