Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-14-2007, 02:34 PM   #1
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A rash with fitteds? What is going on and please could you help with a solution?

Well, I dwindled down his pocket stash to favor fitteds and wool. However, now my son has been getting rashes, more a extremely red penis and the ocasionally red rashes under his testicles.

- all of the fitteds have been stripped
- I wash in purex f&c w/ baking soda and vinegar

I can usually get the rash to clear up after putting him in pockets for the day and using diaper dust/diaper salve/diaper cream [in different orders] to eliminate.

I was hoping to use fitteds at night but I am just afraid to get these rashes, even during the day I am hesitant using fitteds

I never had a problem when he was younger with fitteds but I never used Wool only pul covers.

I am starting to think he is staying to long in his fitteds and perhaps it is when I put him in fitteds for night and the just don't hold up for him

Our fitted stash consists of dreamez, cub covers, crickets, cuddlebum [is that the name?], clothmopolitains, a few wahms, and peewells.

Suggestions? Tips? Thanks

Advertisement

Last edited by CDFreak; 04-14-2007 at 02:36 PM.
CDFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
frawwgwithtadpoles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A rash with fitteds? What is going on and please could you help with a solution?

Do your pockets have fleece inners? Maybe they draw the wetness away from his skin and keep him dryer than the fitteds. I know I have to change DS pretty often because he gets red when he stays wet, KWIM?
frawwgwithtadpoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: A rash with fitteds? What is going on and please could you help with a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawwgwithtadpoles View Post
Do your pockets have fleece inners? Maybe they draw the wetness away from his skin and keep him dryer than the fitteds. I know I have to change DS pretty often because he gets red when he stays wet, KWIM?
Thats a good point Thanks.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #4
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

Fitteds did the same for me, when I switched from using pockets. I realized I needed fleece topped fitteds. Fluffymail (Little caboose and 1st class baby) make a lot of fleece topped. I know I've had a bit of a hard time finding the fleece topped. But another option that I do at times is just cut up some fleece material and lay an insert in the fitted diaper. Using fleece really helped w/ the diaper rash. I think it's b/c it draws the wetness away rather than her sitting in it. HTH!
Old 04-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our son is sensitive too. I now use fitteds and cotton trainers when we're home and can go coverless. We both know he's wet and I change him quickly. I wouldn't try nights...... just my Our son can get a rash from a wet leg casing so I know for me it's fleece at night until he's trained.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #6
angelika13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Same thing happens to my son, I started laying a fleece liner in the fitted and he does not get red anymore. He had the same problem spots are your LO.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, it sounds like you need either a microfleece liner or a fitted with stay-dry material inners.

That with your wool (breathable) should be a good combination for the rash.
5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:19 PM   #8
CDFreak
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Ladies i think I will be making a trip to the fabric store - can I buy fleece by the yard or does it have to be a "special" type?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:50 AM   #9
frawwgwithtadpoles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some pieces of fleece I just cut into rough strips you can have FFS if you want them. Of course you might prefer to get your own, but just thought I'd offer...
frawwgwithtadpoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
chrisandjames
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We picked up fleece at walmart for the same reason, and it worked great.