Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Do you stock up food before baby arrives?

Hello July momma, I am due in 9 days, July18th, with my first child. I am wondering if you stock up food, what kind of food, any easy and quick menus or any protein powder recipes? I am getting worried about what to do after my husband has to go to work, I mean he will be gone for military training out of state for 5 months, so there will be just me and the baby until he gets back. I am going to breastfeed my child.

Any suggestion will be great!
Thank you.

I am a proud military wife to Hap and a proud mama to 12 month old Isabella!
Puimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
My Mood:
Re: Do you stock up food before baby arrives?

we didn't really stock up. DH has two weeks off...and while he's no master chef, he could cook what i normally cook for the most part to keep us fed. But..against my better judgement... i did get a box of hot pockets and crackers/snacks for the kids...more prepared things than i normally like to have. But i figure i'm feeling lazy right now, ill be really lazy/tired when baby is here! After he goes back to work at the 2 weeks, im usually back to feeling normal and in the flow of taking care of baby. If it were just me and baby, i'd probably make one big meal and it'd last me leftovers for several days
mabelinoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #3
Registered Users
I joke to DH that I am prepared for the apocalypse or a freak summer blizzard because I have stocked the house with so much food, paper goods, and toiletries. We live in a rural area, so there is no such thing as a quick run to the store.

I made and froze about 15 meals for the crockpot, several casseroles, cookie dough, my DD's special food, burritos, and some other meals. And I bought a few quick frozen meals, sausages and other meat DH can throw on the grill, some quick somewhat healthy packaged meals, and lots of staples. I would love it if we could avoid going to the store, except for some vegetables and fruit, for a month or so. I remembering going out with DD for the first number of weeks was really stressful, plus painful because I was healing, so I want to avoid going out much.

Now watch...DS is going to be a super easy baby and I'll have a smooth delivery and be one of those people resuming life and being out and about in a week lol.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).
melyndie is online now   Reply With Quote