Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
Sherrie87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby food blender??

My mom made a comment when i was like 8 weeks prego and i'm now 20 weeks and some days..lol i havn't looked at my ticker in my siggy in the last couple of days..lol with out that thing i would be lost...lol with 5 kids and one on the way..lol it helps me keep track..HAHA

But back to my mother..lol She made a comment that she saw a blender type thing that was just for making baby food, and she almost got it for me but she didn't cause she didn't no if i would use it...but wanted to talk to me about it. She figured i would since i'm in to cloth and all my other thing that people think i'm weird..HAHA i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about..lol

SO my question is..what do you use? Do you just use a normal blender and go from there? or is there one just for baby food making that you all love?

If you have reciepes and stuff for it too i would love to see and read them and even test them out..lol since i will be useing REAL stuff and i no what will be going into them..i can eat them...lol and try them and attack my other kiddoes with them since my baby wont be born till march..giggle and wont start food for a while..lol but i can still play with it..LOL

And what bowls and stuff do you store them in? freeze them in and all that good stuff!!

I thought about searching but then i thought oh no i will come to my DS mammas and see what they say and advise they can give me..:P

So lets hear it..:P

Maybe i will even find a mamma that is selling hers cause baby is all grown up and past baby food...giggle..we will see..

spam me or the thread..

thank you all, Sherrie

Advertisement

Wife to Joey, 1-12-07 Mother to six , Britney 10/13/00, Jared 05/27/03, Hunter 05/10/04, Kimbery 10/26/06,Kole 09/05/08, Alaina 03/20/12 I CD of corse..:P, co-sleep, BFing,non-circumcising, baby wearing, pretty crunchy..:P Fan Page Come "like" Me.. My IHA/ISO I LOVE to trade.. Blog post of some stuff I can make you!..:P
Sherrie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 04:53 PM   #2
ERISAmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My LO is 6.5 mo and I just use a fork, my immersion blender, or my magic bullet. Nothing is set aside just for baby food. But then again, I don't really make baby food. I just over-cook and mush up some of what we're eating (i.e. leave some peas in the pot a few minutes extra, then blend with cooking water). Sometimes I just make cooked fruit spears and let DD mash her own :-)) When we have fruit that is going ripe too fast to eat, I peel, steam, mush and store in OXO baby cubes in the freezer. I love the freezer to microwave-ability of the oxo cubes.
Hope this helps!
crunchy-urban-homesteading lifestyle!
ERISAmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
Sherrie87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Baby food blender??

thank you for responding!!

i found the cubes on amazon!!
Wife to Joey, 1-12-07 Mother to six , Britney 10/13/00, Jared 05/27/03, Hunter 05/10/04, Kimbery 10/26/06,Kole 09/05/08, Alaina 03/20/12 I CD of corse..:P, co-sleep, BFing,non-circumcising, baby wearing, pretty crunchy..:P Fan Page Come "like" Me.. My IHA/ISO I LOVE to trade.. Blog post of some stuff I can make you!..:P
Old 11-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #4
GreysBumatomy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have a Beaba. I love it, but definitely not a necessity, more of a luxury. It steams, blends and reheats/thaws. You can use any food processor or blender you already have, even a potato masher or food mill.

So far for DS, I have made sweet potato puree (peel and chop a sweet potato and steam) and apple sauce (like making regular ol apple sauce).

Last night I was able to make a bunch of each, and I just filled the ice cube trays from ikea to freeze them. Once frozen, I pop the cubes into freezer bags labelled with the contents and the date.

Last edited by GreysBumatomy; 11-10-2011 at 10:37 PM.
GreysBumatomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
Sherrie87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how awesome i was checking out all the different ones on amazon, and i found that one and added it along with a few other ones..and a bunch of different trays too..lol maybe some one loves me enought to buy them for me..lol if not i can buy it after the baby is born..lol
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just used my magic bullet. i would stew prunes and mix that with avocado and sweet potato or do peas and carrots etc she really like it
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:26 PM   #7
eileenchew
Registered Users
seller

I had a beaba too, but the motor died on my after barely 2 wks of use. I now use the magic bullet, works great!
eileenchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #8
GreysBumatomy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherrie87 View Post
how awesome i was checking out all the different ones on amazon, and i found that one and added it along with a few other ones..and a bunch of different trays too..lol maybe some one loves me enought to buy them for me..lol if not i can buy it after the baby is born..lol
you have a while before you need/would use it, at very least 4 months (later depending on what you and your baby decide). No one got it for my baby shower, but turns out for my birthday last month, everyone thought it was the perfect gift.... bc i got 2.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
aliciamarie632
Registered Users
seller

We have the kidco electric food mill. Works great for us. We store in the fridge in the extra small pyrex glass bowls with lids for a couple days or we freeze in cubes and then in a freezer bag.

We either roast in the oven or we have a Hamilton Beach tiered steamer for steaming before puree'ing.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #10
love_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERISAmom
My LO is 6.5 mo and I just use a fork, my immersion blender, or my magic bullet. Nothing is set aside just for baby food. But then again, I don't really make baby food. I just over-cook and mush up some of what we're eating (i.e. leave some peas in the pot a few minutes extra, then blend with cooking water). Sometimes I just make cooked fruit spears and let DD mash her own :-)) When we have fruit that is going ripe too fast to eat, I peel, steam, mush and store in OXO baby cubes in the freezer. I love the freezer to microwave-ability of the oxo cubes.
Hope this helps!
This our method, freeze in ice cube trays and move to freezer bags. Worked great for first two kids, will do again for this lo.
love_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote