Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:40 PM   #21
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Grovia Newborn AIOs SUCK! (with pic)

I found pretty much no AIO or fitted diaper came close to fitting my wee ones at birth/NB stage. a couple of special preemie ones were the only exception..
I'm using some regular grovia AIOs (actually purchased from the above poster thanxs again mama!) on my petite 20 month old she at around 44% in weight tiny waist not much meat elsewhere around 21lbs and 32inches.. Were one the middle rise and maybe about 4 in on the snaps..the fit is amazing now. And there are precious few AIO styles that fit my kid.
Sounds like they still need some improvments in their newborn size sorry they are not working out for you. Its dispointing when this happens.

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:58 AM   #22
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i had a great fit with them, never had a poo leak, but the wicking on the legs was rediculous, she was soaked at every change. i think they are adorable to look at (i used them in her photo shoot) but they suck as diapers.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
carnes2007
Registered Users
seller

I def think they suck! They fit her fine, no real gaping at the legs but they wick like crazy! She might as well not be wearing anything as far as them containing the wetness. What a waste of money! I've also found the same problem with my BG XS, they just leak and leak. I just had to throw everything I was wearing, dd was wearing and her blanket in the wash because the diaper doesn't absorb for nothing!
carnes2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #24
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What's funny is that I saw the not so good reviews but bought them anyway because they were cute. The diapers I thought I would have issues with because so many others had issues with length of fit or fit in general (the BG XS) have been great for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3737 View Post
OP - Don't let this stop doing cloth - try some other things. Is there something that is working for you?
Oh, it's not going to stop us from cloth diapers. Prefolds and covers have worked the best for him once he actually started fitting in the Thirsties covers. I have Disana wool covers also for him in addition to the PUL covers. The BG XS AIOs also work well and I just got some esbaby ebasics fitteds, in small, to try under the PUL and wool covers.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #25
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These were okay for us. I only had two and she was big and chubby at birth so they fit fine, but were soon too small. The absorbency was fine. We had a leak once or twice. BG XSs were our go to newborn diaper for her and for my now 3yo and they had very different body shapes. XS FBs never worked for us!
Old 11-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #26
magoose
Registered Users

ugh I bought four for the newbie due in March. Luckily it's only four and I bought them off of FSOT, but still. Hopefully they work on my LO. It's looking this this one will be another chunky monkey so hopefully that will help???
Old 11-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #27
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm hoping they will work for DD2. DD1 has BEAUTIFUL chunky legs STILL at 20 months old!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #28
Micheliala
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

from the pic it looks like the rise is too long... is there a rise adjustment on them?

Hyenacart, Babyshapes on Etsy
Micheliala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:56 PM   #29
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I sure hope they work for my little one due in March. I have 6 of them and bought them because I read mostly good reviews. Like a PP said it seems that people either love or hate them. Maybe I will sell 3 just in case...hmmmm.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #30
Spunkify
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I actually did contact the company with the best of intentions. I wanted to be able to use these diapers until he wore them out.The issue was that I could never get a tight fit around his legs no matter what I did. When I worked through their trouble shooting and got back to them with the same issue they blamed me. They didn't accept at all that it was an issue with their diaper. They blamed me. It was either they weren't prepped enough, which I knew they were because I bought them early in the year and prepped wash them on and off for the rest of my pregnancy, or it was because I didn't put it on him right. I've cloth diapered three kids over three years, I know how to [put on a] cloth diaper. Very, very poor customer service from them about this. He's almost a year old now and I will never purchase another Grovia product because of the issues with these AIOs and their customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
I had to tighten the waist a LOT and use the lower rise, but they fit my 6 lb man really well in the chicken leg phase. It's all a matter of what works for one might not work for another, I'm sorry you weren't happy with them, but many are. If you had some constructive advice, rather than a rant, they might appreciate it, as a company they are always improving their products, and these are relatively new.

Spunkify is offline   Reply With Quote