Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2011, 02:25 AM   #11
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any bedrest tips? I'm 23w2d and on hospital bedrest for the rest of the pregnanc

Thanks for all the great tips, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&A'smommy View Post
Maybe ask the people at your church for all of the magazines they are done with so that you have a ton of different magazines to keep you busy at least for a while? You could compile a ton of recipes from them
Hm, recipes.... that reminds me. I have some recipes clipped out that I need to put into a book but have never had the time to do. Guess I have time now, lol!

Advertisement

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
ralenth
Registered Users

Re: Any bedrest tips? I'm 23w2d and on hospital bedrest for the rest of the pregnanc

(((Hugs))) bedrest in the hospital is no fun at all. I was there for 2 weeks with my oldest, and it was tough. One thing that helped me was people bringing me meals... something other than the monotonous hospital food. I also did a lot of reading. Granted, my bedrest was 10 years ago, so things have changed. Ask if you are allowed out of your room? My husband was allowed to wheel me down to the food court from time to time. My water broke at 32 weeks, and I was in the hospital until my son was born at 34 weeks.
ralenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM   #13
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralenth View Post
(((Hugs))) bedrest in the hospital is no fun at all. I was there for 2 weeks with my oldest, and it was tough. One thing that helped me was people bringing me meals... something other than the monotonous hospital food. I also did a lot of reading. Granted, my bedrest was 10 years ago, so things have changed. Ask if you are allowed out of your room? My husband was allowed to wheel me down to the food court from time to time. My water broke at 32 weeks, and I was in the hospital until my son was born at 34 weeks.
I'm only allowed out of my room for procedures right now (the u/s machine is down the hall on this floor... they've been portable ultrasounds the rest of the week so far though), but if things go fine, I may get to eventually take an occasional wheelchair ride somewhere later on.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:35 AM   #14
apurkeyp
Registered Users

My Mood:

I spent almost a month on hospital bedrest last year with my son. I read a lot, napped, and knit. I remember being so excited to see the lady that brought me my meals. It was someone to talk to! It was the loneliest time of my life and I missed my girls terribly but I was able to get my son to 32 weeks and that was a lot better than 28. I am praying for you and thinking about you and sweet Jonathan. PM me if you want to chat more and of course I will be watching your posts for updates.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #15
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey mama

I was on bedrest at home from 18-23.3 weeks when my water broke. I was then on hospital bedrest until 25 weeks when Violet was born. I actually felt more comfortable at the hospital because I knew that I was in good hands and they could closely monitor my baby. I was terrified. I'm so sorry you have to go through this too!

I was obsessed with food I loved when friends and family would bring me outside food and I had a great time planning my meals. Ha

After about a week, I remember thinking that I never wanted to exercise more in my life.....and I don't exercise! Cherish those walks to the bathroom. Once I was admitted to the hospital, I was stuck using the bedpan

I didn't knit then, but that would pass a lot of time. I watched a lot of TV and caught up on all the celebrity gossip. My husband spent most nights with me and I had other family and friends come visit.

When I look back on the entire time...bedrest, NICU, V's first year.....it really went by fast. It was tough, but we all survived and are much tougher to boot.

I'm praying for the best for you and your family, mama

Take care
Old 11-12-2011, 07:48 PM   #16
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

Ask for a consult from wound care for an air bed; it will save your butt (literally!). I spent a few months on hospital bedrest and I passed the time by reading, watching every single episode of Law and Order ; trying to eat enough calories for triplets; and trying to stay sane on mag sulfate Things that I appreciated were scented lotion and lip stuff, having someone help me wash and dry my hair, getting clean sheets daily.

I also agree with the other mom about a routine; it helped me out quite a bit to stay on a schedule.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #17
kristinc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I spent 4 months on bedrest andrea so i totally feel your pain. Mine began at 14 weeks and didn't end until the babies were delivered at 27weeks. Luckily though most of mine was at home and I didn't have little ones to worry about.

But my suggestions are. borrow dvds, tv series, etc from anyone who is willing to lend you them. Make a book list and send someone to the library for you. Crochet/ knit. Keep a journal..something sweet you can read to your baby your pregnancy and how much you fought to keep him healthy & growing. Have your husband bring you things from home...pics of your kids...you fav comfy clothes, chapsticks, hand lotion (the hospital air always dried me out), slippers and your pillow and blanket. One of those oversized desk calendars or a calendar with tear off pages that can help remind you that this won't last forever. A laptop...I am assuming you have one already.

Oh and i second what someone said about the air bed. It is a MUST!!
kristinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:51 PM   #18
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm still here. Down in L&D where they can monitor me more closely (I've not stopped bleeding since Wednesday, but it comes and goes).
Old 11-14-2011, 10:35 PM   #19
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

*hugs mama* I am thinking of you. I watched a lot of tv, read, internet..it gets old, but maybe you can do research or something online to pass the time.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay for making it to 24 weeks!!! That's great