Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:
weird "symptom" should I be worried?

Something weird has been happening to me every couple couple days and i can trace it back to when I first found out I was pregnant.

I'll be looking at/focusing on something (computer, book, feeding daughter) and all of a sudden I get like a vibrating/buzzing feeling in my head like near my eye and then my vision blurs for a second and then I feel dizzy. It only lasts a couple seconds and then I feel fine!

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I be concerned?

Advertisement

loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
crunch!910
Registered Users

Re: weird "symptom" should I be worried?

Yes, this happened a lot to me during the first 10 weeks. I still sometimes get dizzy and funny eyesight if I stand up to quickly.

It' got to do with low blood pressure. Drink more water. It helps.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #3
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that can be very serious! Being light headed or dizzy is different than blurred vision. Call your OB/midwife just to be sure!

ETA: I wish I could tell you WHY I think it's serious, all I remember is in the contract with my last midwife it had a section on when to call immediately (leaking fluid before term, heavy bleeding, ect.) and blurred vision was one of them. I don't mean to scare you, but I just really urge you to get it checked out.

Last edited by bigmamakelsey; 11-13-2011 at 06:17 PM.
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

ok thanks I will be calling first thing in the morning...I feel normal otherwise that's why I've kind of been ignoring it but I guess its good to be on the safe side.

anyone else experience this though?
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
Old 11-13-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

I had blurred vision before I was diagnosed with HELLP syndrome, but that was at the end of the pregnancy.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #6
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that can be very serious! Being light headed or dizzy is different than blurred vision. Call your OB/midwife just to be sure!

ETA: I wish I could tell you WHY I think it's serious, all I remember is in the contract with my last midwife it had a section on when to call immediately (leaking fluid before term, heavy bleeding, ect.) and blurred vision was one of them. I don't mean to scare you, but I just really urge you to get it checked out.
It was probably because blurred vision can be a sign of pre eclampsia towards the end of pregnancy

Sent via my phone using swype. Beware of typos
Old 11-13-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

I used to get this a lot when I was a teenager. I went to the doctor about it once but didn't get an answer, but I think it was due to missing something in my diet. When I moved out of the house and started eating real meals the symptoms went away.

At my last OB appointment my doctor was concerned that my blood pressure was a little high and told me to come in immediately if I experience any dizziness or blurred vision.

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
graceworks
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

thanks everyone...still haven't called my dr...I guess I"m just afraid they'll make a big deal out of something that is probably nothing and make me get a whole slew of tests and things that I probably can't afford.

My mom had a good suggestion of starting to journal when it happens, and what I'm doing at the time and how long it lasts. Then I can bring that to the dr for my next appt (December 5) and they'll have more to go on then "sometimes I get this weird feeling in my eye"

The something lacking in my diet thing makes a lot of sense...I haven't been eating a normal diet since I"ve been so sick. Hopefully this lets up soon. Also I'm going to dig out my old reading glasses and see if those help (maybe its just eye strain).

thank you everyone.