Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2011, 06:47 PM   #1
allisoninfl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
pics of shared baby/toddler room

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I wanted to share pics of DD and DS's room. DS is due any day now, so we've been working on getting the room ready...and making it a little less girly. Most of the furniture and decorations were 2nd hand, given to us, or handmade.
Here are some photo updates of our recent nesting projects:

Here's Jude's new big girl bed in the spot where the crib used to be. My step-MIL made that beautiful name banner and quilt out of reclaimed vintage fabrics for Jude. My mom made Jude's little pillow and one of the diaper bags hanging up. My mom also found that little nightstand (that just happens to match two other dressers) at an antique shop. She repainted it for us, and DH did the drawer pulls.

Our house was built in 1940, which means there is not a ton of closet space. Jude and I were sharing the closet in the corner, but we really needed our own spaces. Her wardrobe is actully a china cabinet that DH converted/painted/spruced up. My MIL's neighbors were going to throw it away, so we salvaged it, and now it is the perfect "closet" for Jude. Plenty of room for hanging clothes on top and tons of storage space underneath. And I love that it's so tall we can keep things that need to be out of reach on top.
My parents got the tall dresser for us at a vintage store. It still needs a little work (like drawer pulls on top, and we need to fix one drawer), but this is where all of Baby John's clothes are.

I always thought Jude's room was pretty gender neutral, but when I actually see it all in pictures, there is a lot of pink. So we're really going to try and make this side of the room more boyish. We were so grateful to be given a beautiful crib and changing table that we used to Jude's first two years. Then Jude's Meemah got her a brand new white crib to go with all the other white furniture, and we were able to pass that set along to another family. Now we just need some little boy sheets for the crib, and we'll be good. The tall skinny dresser is from my SIL, and it actually has DH's clothes in it because, as I mentioned before, we are short on closet space. The short dresser/changing table is a gift from my best friend (it was originally given to her by some neighbors), and it has all of DS's newbie/small diapers in it.

I feel so blessed to have such a handy husband and such creative and generous relatives who all contributed to this project...and a sweet little daughter who helped me organize and take pictures. (She's super excited about baby brother being here soon!)

We have a co-sleeper set up in our room for DS for the first however many months it works to have him in our bedroom, so we'll still have time to make their shared bedroom a little more boyish. Any suggestions?

Also, I'd love to see pics of your kids' shared baby-toddler rooms or shared boy-girl rooms if you're up for sharing.

Advertisement

Old 11-12-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: pics of shared baby/toddler room

I have all boys so no suggestions but I love what you have done! It is so cute...I would love to see pics of your whole house! Good luck with your upcoming delivery~

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

I was wondering how big the room is? When we have another one (someday, hopefully soon) our children will need to share a room. I love how you decorated. It looks great as it is I think!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
OneDayAtATime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Very cute!! My 2.5 year old and 6 month old share a room (both boys). They are both sleeping right now though so I don't think they would appreciate me snapping some pics .

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by OneDayAtATime; 11-12-2011 at 07:28 PM.
OneDayAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #5
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

We are in a one-bedroom apt so LO is in our room... no suggestions but just wanted to say "What a SUPER CUTE room!" I love it! I love old homes with all their charm. It makes up for the lack of closets. I love all the clever things you've done to create storage. Love the china-cabinet-turned-baby-closet! Brilliant!

We have the same white crib and we love it! Its so cute and goes perfectly in your LO's room.

All the decorations are so cute, too! And your little girl is adorable! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations and GL with everything!

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 11-12-2011 at 07:32 PM.
colin-mylilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
So cute! Thanks for posting OP, we're gearing up for a move, and are thinking of downsizing to a 2 bdr to save money. You gave me some great ideas! We would have a 3yo boy and NB girl though, but the same principle.

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 11-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #7
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

that room and the china cabinet turned wardrobe! Great idea!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:44 PM   #8
mamaerica
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a darling room!!

mamaerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:22 PM   #9
allisoninfl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies! I wish the rest of our house was that complete/clean, but the kids' room is really the only room that's finished. I guess that's one of the fun (and annoying) things about an older house/fixer-upper...we always have a new project we're trying to get done.
Also, my step MIL is probably going to make a name banner for this baby, too, that we can hang over the crib, so that'll kind of tie things together.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
LittleClaraLove
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a cute room!
LittleClaraLove is offline   Reply With Quote