Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:36 AM   #11
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: "So this is why I would NEVER cloth diaper..."

Doesn't bother me. Cloth isn't for everyone she never really said cloth wouldn't work just that she was not intrested. It just a fluff opnion piece not one meant to gather the masses and change minds. She is preaching to the non cloth using choir.

Deanna

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That article was ridicules!! But the comments were pretty entertaining .... I was one of those ewwwww cloth NEVER mommies 4x around. Look at me now, a cloth diapers snob. The blogger may just eat her words someday
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #13
TigersBabygirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

What got me most was that quote:
Quote:
Disposable diapers allegedly cut down on instances of diaper rash. So does Desitin.
First of all, I think she meant to say cloth diapers cut down on diaper rash (which I bet they do) and secondly, what kind of mom does that make her? Rather use rash cream than prevent rash?! I'm not saying you're a bad mom for not cloth diapering, it's everybody's choice and everybody has their reasons but to basically say I'm fine with rashes because there is rash cream to fix it it just wrong in my opinion.
TigersBabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #14
humbeeb
Registered Users
seller

I guess bottom line for ME is this: we live in America, the land of freedom, opportunity & convenience. What you choose to soak up & catch baby pee & poo is of course, your choice, that being said, there are TONS of diapers out there that are just as "convenient" as a disposable, you just wash instead of throwing away. Seems pretty awesome to me! And, I don't know what it is but IMO a cloth bum is SO much cuter to see crawling around that a crinkly sposie bum!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:39 AM   #15
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigersBabygirl View Post
What got me most was that quote:

First of all, I think she meant to say cloth diapers cut down on diaper rash (which I bet they do) and secondly, what kind of mom does that make her? Rather use rash cream than prevent rash?! I'm not saying you're a bad mom for not cloth diapering, it's everybody's choice and everybody has their reasons but to basically say I'm fine with rashes because there is rash cream to fix it it just wrong in my opinion.
Well to be fair if my DD might end up un a cloth diaper more than say 2 hours tops (or one pee) think naps long car rides ect then I eaither need to add a barrier cream or use a sposie.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:46 AM   #16
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use both CD's and Sposies (I just can't do cloth at night, nightime diapers are ridiculously HUGE, they can't be comfortable, and they must be cold!) so I don't judge at all! I just thought her blog was a joke!!

The comment that got me was one lady commented that she uses a box of 140 diapers and it lasts her 2 MONTHS, that is less than THREE diaper changes a day
Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #17
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
I use both CD's and Sposies (I just can't do cloth at night, nightime diapers are ridiculously HUGE, they can't be comfortable, and they must be cold!) so I don't judge at all! I just thought her blog was a joke!!

The comment that got me was one lady commented that she uses a box of 140 diapers and it lasts her 2 MONTHS, that is less than THREE diaper changes a day
I didn't see that comment, but I wonder how old her baby is? DS2 just turned 2 in October, and he only uses 1-2 diapers a day. He uses the potty 90% of the time.
Old 11-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #18
TigersBabygirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post

Oh wow, that's just sad! You know, even if we weren't cloth diapering we'd change our LO just as often. But with using cloth I at least don't get upset about how much money goes out the window with every diaper change!

I guess we are really lucky with our dd because she only pees and poops when she is awake. So yeah, I do change her at night if she wakes up to feed but I don't necessarily have to to prevent leaks. We don't even have a night time diaper for her!
TigersBabygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:06 AM   #19
ollie_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That woman is ignorant but it's her choice. She does sound very defensive of sposies like she feels guilty or something.
ollie_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #20
lauren420
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama.timms View Post
I didn't see that comment, but I wonder how old her baby is? DS2 just turned 2 in October, and he only uses 1-2 diapers a day. He uses the potty 90% of the time.
She said baby, not toddler, so I am thinking under a year, but I could be wrong..? PL'ing and less diapers make TOTAL sense!!