Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #21
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "So this is why I would NEVER cloth diaper..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
She said baby, not toddler, so I am thinking under a year, but I could be wrong..? PL'ing and less diapers make TOTAL sense!!
Who knows? I know people who only change their kids' diapers when they start leaking from being so full . When I see comments like that, though, I like to tell myself they either do a lot of naked time, do EC, or have a PLing toddler.

On a side note, DS3 only used 4 diapers yesterday because we did naked time most of the day . Caused some messes, but cleared up his little rash!

Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #22
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

I'm open to people doing whatever they feel is right for their family, but I feel she was being a little ignorant, in that she's never actually tried cloth and she's kinda bashing it. Oh well...people say ignorant things all the time. Some of the comments were funny though.
Skybaby712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:47 AM   #23
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't care if she uses cloth or not, but her reasons are silly....

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Free Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #24
jamie714
Registered Users
seller

Never say never, I never wanted to even try cloth until I saw a friends baby with a cute cover and she showed me how easy and inexpensive it was. Now I am addicted to cloth.
jamie714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't care if people don't want to use cloth, but she obviously knows nothing about cloth and wrote an article bashing it anyways She just comes off totally lazy self absorbed.
Old 11-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #26
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Me, me, and more me. I don't care if you use sposies, but at least make me feel like you are doing what you think if right for your child and family and not just yourself.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #27
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZmommy View Post
Doesn't bother me. Cloth isn't for everyone she never really said cloth wouldn't work just that she was not intrested. It just a fluff opnion piece not one meant to gather the masses and change minds. She is preaching to the non cloth using choir.

Deanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggaBuggaBoutique View Post
I don't care if she uses cloth or not, but her reasons are silly....
I agree with both of you ladies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren420 View Post
I use both CD's and Sposies (I just can't do cloth at night, nightime diapers are ridiculously HUGE, they can't be comfortable, and they must be cold!) so I don't judge at all! I just thought her blog was a joke!!

The comment that got me was one lady commented that she uses a box of 140 diapers and it lasts her 2 MONTHS, that is less than THREE diaper changes a day
Um, ew. Hopefully her baby is really an older baby who might be learning to use the potty, and she's not just skimping on the diaper changes to save money! Things like that always infuriate me and break my heart.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #28
THE NOW FAMILY
Registered Users
seller

I would say don't get me going...but it already has....

Why this is full of #1) PEE & #2) POO

#1) AD for Pampers (you know, the company that offers 12 hours of "daytime" protection) at the top of the page
#2) This person may consider taking a Critical Thinking Class

I don't know one cding Family who saves their child's #1) pee & #2) poo...it's not like we stick it in a jar for safe keeping

#1) PEE IS STERILE! It's a good idea to do have done your research before making strong statements.

#2) POO...that poo, that Pampers claims to let their babies CARRY around with them for up to 12 hours....that POO that MOST cding Family's change every 1-2 hours & PUT in the TOILET into our SEWER systems.

#2) POO...that poo that GOES INTO THE LANDFILL IN DISPOSABLES & stays for who knows how long (researches can ONLY guess they break down in 200-500 years!)...

Wait....who is the one carrying around their children's POO as a momento? And not only for themselves, but for the entire world, the entire planet, and some water systems. And guess what? POO is NOT STERILE! So what happens when it DOES go into water systems? Now a DISEASE FILLED MOMENTO has been created for EVERYONE to share. Thanks.

#2) POO...did you know you're supposed to shake that POO into the toilet, EVEN if you are using disposables! Yes, check on my statements..you'll find it's a Health Violation to not do so...I'd rather shake off poo from cloth than a soggy wet plastic & paper diaper.

Ok.....now that the rant is out.

We understand needing a break. We understand convenience. Disposables should be about that. They SHOULD be used for people that are super busy..you know, that Mama who has NO WASHER and 5 kids under the age of 6. The Mama who needs a break, going on vacation, blah blah blah.

The problem exists in this becoming a crutch...a dependency..an addiction for laziness.

So thank you, thank you for sharing your child's #1) Pee & #2) Poo with the rest of the planet & people in the world....according to research, our Great Great Grandchildren will get to hold on to the momento of Disposable Diapers FULL of #1) PEE & #2) POO for generations to come.....

PS...if you're going to use disposables, please consider Nature BabyCare or Tushies..they are the ONLY 100% natural, NON GEL Filled, Biodegradable diapers out there...why would you even consider anything else when you have a great alternative? This is where one might ask "Was this rant sponsored by Pampers, it being the top pic on the page?"

Old 11-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #29
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whatevs. Our babies butts are cuter than her baby's butt.
Old 11-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #30
THE NOW FAMILY
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
I'm open to people doing whatever they feel is right for their family, but I feel she was being a little ignorant, in that she's never actually tried cloth and she's kinda bashing it. Oh well...people say ignorant things all the time. Some of the comments were funny though.
Ignorant; I agree. Main fallacy in this post is her lack of facts. She states that her child's poo & pee will be permanently disposed of. This is a false statement; as it we have only a GUESS that it will break down in 200-500 years.

"Out of Sight, Out of Mind," is an ignorant statement in itself. There is no truth to this.