Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2013, 04:59 AM   #1471
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertain
Here's what I don't get - HOW was that apartment building so safe for that family to be in, no walkers milling all around and in it? AND, let's say that this zombie apocalypse has been going on for what, a year and a half (?)..so how was that family able to live, where did they get their water? I know they had that truckful of food, but is it really feasible that they'd still be ok? I'm still trying to place Megan's mom too, I recognize her from some other shows, but can't quite put my finger on what they are..
Yeah I had big time questions about how this family has survived so long. Especially when they don't even know anything about the zombies or how to kill them!

Advertisement

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #1472
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracheld
Yeah I had big time questions about how this family has survived so long. Especially when they don't even know anything about the zombies or how to kill them!
While I see it as not probable they could of survived by collected all the water in the apartments, than making raids here and there unless they have a stream nearby in which case maybe they filtered it and boiled. I mean in the real world people have lived in crazy environments for long periods of time and my guess is they aren't drinking a ton of water, or food as they aren't getting out of the house much. Like the Jewish that lived in the caves for 3 years during the war. Then again where are they pooping, peeing, etc... With no running water. Would imagine seeing a lot of poop bags or something outside. I think that in this case it's the "suspension of disbelief" because if they couldn't even kill a walker how could they still be living.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #1473
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertain View Post
I'm still trying to place Megan's mom too, I recognize her from some other shows, but can't quite put my finger on what they are..
My dh knows her from The Unit.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:34 AM   #1474
Our5boys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeast View Post
My dh knows her from The Unit.
LOl, I think that might be it. Everytime my I ask my DH what some actor is from his first answer is always The Unit. The guys from there really seem to get a lot of work too bad they aren't all on the same show anymore.
Our5boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #1475
MyLovely
Registered Users

I was under the impression that they were still alive by a lot of luck. Their apartment building was virtually empty. It's a tiny town. Walkers can't climb stairs, so the only way they'd ever get in trouble up on the second floor is if a huge hoarde somehow took down the entire building. I'm not sure where they got water, but they had those 5/10 gallon jugs so there must be a source nearby. The cop-in-training made runs, maybe? It also did sound like they raided all their neighbors houses, which could have kept them fed in addition with the truck full of non-perishable food.

I was actually surprised that they left! It seemed like a pretty good setup, much much safer than just camping out. I have no idea why the Gov would have said that it was unsafe.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:38 AM   #1476
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely
I was under the impression that they were still alive by a lot of luck. Their apartment building was virtually empty. It's a tiny town. Walkers can't climb stairs, so the only way they'd ever get in trouble up on the second floor is if a huge hoarde somehow took down the entire building. I'm not sure where they got water, but they had those 5/10 gallon jugs so there must be a source nearby. The cop-in-training made runs, maybe? It also did sound like they raided all their neighbors houses, which could have kept them fed in addition with the truck full of non-perishable food. I was actually surprised that they left! It seemed like a pretty good setup, much much safer than just camping out. I have no idea why the Gov would have said that it was unsafe.
I've seen the walkers climb stairs so I'm not where you saw that they couldn't lol. They have climbed ladders too.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #1477
MyLovely
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindbatbeth View Post
I've seen the walkers climb stairs so I'm not where you saw that they couldn't lol. They have climbed ladders too.
It seems like those moments in the early episodes were a fluke...walkers wouldn't have the coordination to do it in real life (as if this were real, haha). They can theoretically climb over each other and get up the stairs that way. I don't think we've seen them climb stairs since Merle was on the roof, have we? They made the point a few weeks ago about the walker falling down the stairs because they don't have the ability to do much more than shuffle.

It seems like the show runners have changed the rules around over the seasons, now that I think about it. Remember season one, when Rick is in Atlanta and those walkers go down the bus steps and into the streets? Yet in season 4, the walker can't even manage one step, she just tumbles right away.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #1478
Blindbatbeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely
It seems like those moments in the early episodes were a fluke...walkers wouldn't have the coordination to do it in real life (as if this were real, haha). They can theoretically climb over each other and get up the stairs that way. I don't think we've seen them climb stairs since Merle was on the roof, have we? They made the point a few weeks ago about the walker falling down the stairs because they don't have the ability to do much more than shuffle. It seems like the show runners have changed the rules around over the seasons, now that I think about it. Remember season one, when Rick is in Atlanta and those walkers go down the bus steps and into the streets? Yet in season 4, the walker can't even manage one step, she just tumbles right away.
Yeah I was thinking of Atlanta where they climbed up the fire escape after Glen and Rick when Glen rescued him from the tank. Also in season 2? When Shane and Otis were in the school they climbed up steps in that too. I think they can't walk down them without falling but they can easily crawl up them. Realistically they should not be Alive anyways like the brain would deteriorate like the rest of the body and I laugh that they get trapped by them, they are pretty slow so you should be able to kill at least 10 per person.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #1479
AtLeast
Registered
Formerly: rli***t
seller
seller

I think they have talked about how the longer they go without feeding, the weaker they become. That's why the Gov only had to turn a shoulder to evade that one walker when he was headed toward the apt building.

It's one thing I miss about the show. No one is really afraid of the walkers anymore. They are so slow and weak that they are almost a non-threat, it's more about survival without the basics and trying to make a life again instead of the suspense of danger being so imminent. It makes sense as far as if this were "real", but I miss that aspect. It's just kind of boring now. I was hoping something would've come about with that horde we saw a few shows back, but even that was anti-climatic.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #1480
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLeast
I think they have talked about how the longer they go without feeding, the weaker they become. That's why the Gov only had to turn a shoulder to evade that one walker when he was headed toward the apt building. It's one thing I miss about the show. No one is really afraid of the walkers anymore. They are so slow and weak that they are almost a non-threat, it's more about survival without the basics and trying to make a life again instead of the suspense of danger being so imminent. It makes sense as far as if this were "real", but I miss that aspect. It's just kind of boring now. I was hoping something would've come about with that horde we saw a few shows back, but even that was anti-climatic.
Anti-climactic - for now.

I'm still freaked out about that horde. :-/
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain eating zombies, they are all infected!, zombie feces