Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #951
mms1972's Avatar
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,559
My Mood:
LOL at the zombie poop! :-) my theory is if the don't eat anyone for awhile they get slow/sluggish like the ones around the prison and such...but in the more populated areas they had more "food" available so they were quicker/stronger...? Maybe?

Advertisement

__________________
Michelle--Mama to 6! Welcome Lucy Violet 2/14/12
I'm an IMAGINE consultant! use this link to order awesome Imagine Diapers products! Tell them Michelle Smith sent ya!http://www.imaginebabyproducts.com/?AffId=115
mms1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #952
BeccaSueCongdon's Avatar
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1972
LOL at the zombie poop! :-) my theory is if the don't eat anyone for awhile they get slow/sluggish like the ones around the prison and such...but in the more populated areas they had more "food" available so they were quicker/stronger...? Maybe?
I think you're right.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #953
BoyCrazy's Avatar
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: midwest
Posts: 3,190
Re: The Walking Dead

I think the zombies were more "perky" in the beginning because they were still freshly dead, and were feeding more frequently. Now they are like a year into the outbreak, so a lot of these walkers have been decomposing for a long time, including over a winter, and food is getting more scarce. I think those are all contributing factors to the changes we've seen. When we saw freshly turned walkers (Amy, Randall, Shane, and Merle) they were moving pretty fast. Compare them to the walkers in Lori's diner, they'd been sitting around starving for a year, they still had fight in them but they were a lot slower and stiffer.
__________________
Erin, SAHM of 4 adorable, smart, silly, exhausting, delightful, active boys: G 7/04, O 8/06, S 3/09, C 10/11. Married to my best friend since 4/03. Cloth diapering and loving it since May 2010!
Proud to offer beautiful, practical Lilla Rose hair accessories. Sick of the plastic claw? Try a Flexi clip instead!
www.lillarose.biz/yourprettyhair
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #954
Geckmumto3's Avatar
Geckmumto3
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: S. Ontario
Posts: 5,172
My Mood:
Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
I've been wondering about Hershel's fate too. With his age and disability, he's vulnerable, but I also think offing the old guy might be too obvious. I could see it going either way for him.
It occurred to me yesterday that maybe they will kill off Judith the way they did in the comic, only with Beth or Carol instead of Lori.
My DH joked that they should put Judith in a wrap on Hershel. I got mad at him for that comment. I hope Hershel doesn't get killed off, but I do worry about him with that leg. I tend to think the group would have a plan for Hershel and Judith to stay safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebl0901 View Post
Do zombies poop? Hmmm....something to ponder...
I have wondered the same thing. They eat, so some sort of digestion is going on....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy View Post
I think the zombies were more "perky" in the beginning because they were still freshly dead, and were feeding more frequently. Now they are like a year into the outbreak, so a lot of these walkers have been decomposing for a long time, including over a winter, and food is getting more scarce. I think those are all contributing factors to the changes we've seen. When we saw freshly turned walkers (Amy, Randall, Shane, and Merle) they were moving pretty fast. Compare them to the walkers in Lori's diner, they'd been sitting around starving for a year, they still had fight in them but they were a lot slower and stiffer.
ITA
__________________
Kat ~ Mum to G (11), D (9) and O (7)
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #955
BeccaSueCongdon's Avatar
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckmumto3

My DH joked that they should put Judith in a wrap on Hershel. I got mad at him for that comment. I hope Hershel doesn't get killed off, but I do worry about him with that leg. I tend to think the group would have a plan for Hershel and Judith to stay safe.

I have wondered the same thing. They eat, so some sort of digestion is going on....

ITA
Is there digestion happening? I've been pondering this all afternoon. Which part of the brain controls those unconscious processes? They don't breathe or sleep, so I've been speculating that they just get full and things just... Move along... Now we need someone who has taken anatomy to tell us of digestion is controlled by the brain stem - from my understanding front be CDC guy, the brainstem is the only part of the brain that reanimates...
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #956
Geckmumto3's Avatar
Geckmumto3
Registered Users
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: S. Ontario
Posts: 5,172
My Mood:
Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Is there digestion happening? I've been pondering this all afternoon. Which part of the brain controls those unconscious processes? They don't breathe or sleep, so I've been speculating that they just get full and things just... Move along... Now we need someone who has taken anatomy to tell us of digestion is controlled by the brain stem - from my understanding front be CDC guy, the brainstem is the only part of the brain that reanimates...
That is exactly where we went. We decided that if there was no digestion there would be no need to eat so ferociously... Unless it is just innate zombie behaviour to eat living flesh, nutrients be darned.

(side note, DH was just watching the CDC story on the Easter marathon)
__________________
Kat ~ Mum to G (11), D (9) and O (7)
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #957
Shaunam's Avatar
Shaunam
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,475
From what I understand, yes, digestion is controlled by the brain stem.
__________________
Shauna, mom to Adrian, 9 and Charlie, 6!
Shaunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #958
TheCoach'sWife's Avatar
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 3,615
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post

Is there digestion happening? I've been pondering this all afternoon. Which part of the brain controls those unconscious processes? They don't breathe or sleep, so I've been speculating that they just get full and things just... Move along... Now we need someone who has taken anatomy to tell us of digestion is controlled by the brain stem - from my understanding front be CDC guy, the brainstem is the only part of the brain that reanimates...
Digestion is an involuntary process, controlled by smooth muscle tissue. Because smooth muscle only has single nuclei, I would imagine brain function would not affect it.

Sorry to butt in you guys made me really want to watch this though
__________________
Mentionable UnMentionables

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #959
TheCoach'sWife's Avatar
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Western North Carolina
Posts: 3,615
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam View Post
From what I understand, yes, digestion is controlled by the brain stem.
Hunger yes. Digestion no.
__________________
Mentionable UnMentionables

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #960
Shaunam's Avatar
Shaunam
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,475
Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoach'sWife View Post
Hunger yes. Digestion no.
My DD's digestion is slowed due to her brain injury, which extends to her brain stem. She has no actual damage to her internal organs. They function perfectly fine. It may not completely control it, but it does play a large part.

The brain stem also manages sight, hearing, smell, etc. The zombies rely on those senses as well.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this on a zombie thread. LMAO
__________________
Shauna, mom to Adrian, 9 and Charlie, 6!
Shaunam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brain eating zombies, they are all infected!, zombie feces

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.