Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #961
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam

My DD's digestion is slowed due to her brain injury, which extends to her brain stem. She has no actual damage to her internal organs. They function perfectly fine. It may not completely control it, but it does play a large part.

The brain stem also manages sight, hearing, smell, etc. The zombies rely on those senses as well.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this on a zombie thread. LMAO
Thanks for chiming in. I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's injury.

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #962
TheCoach'sWife
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunam View Post

My DD's digestion is slowed due to her brain injury, which extends to her brain stem. She has no actual damage to her internal organs. They function perfectly fine. It may not completely control it, but it does play a large part.

The brain stem also manages sight, hearing, smell, etc. The zombies rely on those senses as well.

I can't believe I'm arguing about this on a zombie thread. LMAO
I didn't do that well in anatomy, I ended up in engineering lol. I'll take your word. Ill stick to answering structural load questions

TheCoach'sWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #963
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I didn't read too far back but....

Are they actually eating? Or is it more like they feel the need too kill/make everyone into a zombie. They don't die from lack of "eating" do they? And we know they can survive minus body parts unaffected, so what if one of them had a stomach injury? It would still eat but not "digest"....therefore I claim the writers didn't think this through and have now ruined my perception of zombies. Ok just kidding, my brain is taking this too far lol
Old 03-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #964
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkinBoutMyGirl View Post
I didn't read too far back but....

Are they actually eating? Or is it more like they feel the need too kill/make everyone into a zombie. They don't die from lack of "eating" do they? And we know they can survive minus body parts unaffected, so what if one of them had a stomach injury? It would still eat but not "digest"....therefore I claim the writers didn't think this through and have now ruined my perception of zombies. Ok just kidding, my brain is taking this too far lol
I think they do, because remember the one who consumed Lori? His belly was so bloated. And the times we have seen them eating deer, rats, etc... They are chewing and pulling it all apart. But, I see your point... what if their stomach had been destroyed by an injury? Would the consumed flesh just fall out?

Too much to think about.

Last edited by Geckmumto3; 03-27-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Geckmumto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:11 PM   #965
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Love that this thread now has a "zombie feces" tag.

Just found this:

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead (Amazon) asserts that zombies do not retain the digestive functions of living humans:

(p. 11-12) "Recent evidence has once and for all discounted the theory that human flesh is the fuel for the undead. A zombie's digestive tract is completely dormant. The complex system that processes food, extracts nutrition, and excretes waste does not factor into a zombie's physiology. Autopsies conducted on neutralized undead have shown that their 'food' lies in its original, undigested state at all sections of the tract. This partially chewed, slowly rotting matter will continue to accumulate, as the zombie devours more victims, until it is forced through the anus, or literally bursts through the stomach or intestinal lining. While this more dramatic example of non-digestion is rare, hundreds of eyewitness reports have confirmed undead to have distended bellies. One captured and dissected specimen was found to contain 211 pounds of flesh within its system! Even rarer accounts have confirmed that zombies continue to feed long after their digestive tracts have exploded from within."
Old 03-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #966
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geckmumto3 View Post
Love that this thread now has a "zombie feces" tag.

Just found this:

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead (Amazon) asserts that zombies do not retain the digestive functions of living humans:

(p. 11-12) "Recent evidence has once and for all discounted the theory that human flesh is the fuel for the undead. A zombie's digestive tract is completely dormant. The complex system that processes food, extracts nutrition, and excretes waste does not factor into a zombie's physiology. Autopsies conducted on neutralized undead have shown that their 'food' lies in its original, undigested state at all sections of the tract. This partially chewed, slowly rotting matter will continue to accumulate, as the zombie devours more victims, until it is forced through the anus, or literally bursts through the stomach or intestinal lining. While this more dramatic example of non-digestion is rare, hundreds of eyewitness reports have confirmed undead to have distended bellies. One captured and dissected specimen was found to contain 211 pounds of flesh within its system! Even rarer accounts have confirmed that zombies continue to feed long after their digestive tracts have exploded from within."
For those who want to read books - thos book and World War Z both by Max Brooks are amazing!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #967
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Gwoss!!!

I think maybe the feeding thing is more of an aggressive animal-like thing. Not a feeding thing then. Just a primal "nom nom nom" sort of thing. Like how I feel when I see skittles...
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #968
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon
Gwoss!!!

I think maybe the feeding thing is more of an aggressive animal-like thing. Not a feeding thing then. Just a primal "nom nom nom" sort of thing. Like how I feel when I see skittles...
LOL that cracked me up!!!

So essentially it does just fall out...
Old 03-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #969
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon View Post
Gwoss!!!

Exactly. Skittles to a mama. Flesh to a zombie. All the same.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #970
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofthemoonsglow View Post
For those who want to read books - thos book and World War Z both by Max Brooks are amazing!
Good to know, as apparently I have a new obsession.

Tags
brain eating zombies, they are all infected!, zombie feces