Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 06:36 AM   #981
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eracheld
Now that the Guv has killed Merle, do we want Daryl to kill him? We haven't discussed this!
I still want it to be Maggie. But I doubt it will be

Advertisement

alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #982
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:
I would prefer Michonne did him in just because I think she would do the best job. But Maggie, Glenn, Daryl, or Rick would all be satisfying as well.
Janine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #983
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm re-watching some old episodes and just had to skip the one where Shane shot Otis in the leg and let the walkers eat him alive. Out of all the episodes, this one has disturbed me the most. Shane could have accomplished the same thing by shooting Otis in the head. The walkers still would have eaten him but he wouldn't have had to suffer. I'm so glad Rick killed him. Even though we didn't really know Otis, his death affected me the most, I guess because he was murdered in the most horrible way.

Also, in these earlier episodes there are a ton of dead bodies that haven't turned. Was everyone not infected at the beginning?

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 AM   #984
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive
I'm re-watching some old episodes and just had to skip the one where Shane shot Otis in the leg and let the walkers eat him alive. Out of all the episodes, this one has disturbed me the most. Shane could have accomplished the same thing by shooting Otis in the head. The walkers still would have eaten him but he wouldn't have had to suffer. I'm so glad Rick killed him. Even though we didn't really know Otis, his death affected me the most, I guess because he was murdered in the most horrible way.

Also, in these earlier episodes there are a ton of dead bodies that haven't turned. Was everyone not infected at the beginning?
I think the dead bodies that hasn't turned were all people who had been shot in the head?

And I think the reason he only shot him in the leg was so he'd put up a fight and be a bigger distraction for Shane to escape.

There was an interesting moment when Shane falls and tells Otis "go without me!" And Otis is like "I'm not going to leave you!" And Shane's body language is realt revealing. Like he realizes they aren't both going to get away, and he was willing to sacrifice himself and let Otis take he supplies back, but knew that if they tried that they'd both die. I think that was the moment he decided to sacrifice Otis, so that he could get the supplies back to Carl. And I think he asked Otis how many rounds he had left in his gun so he could make sure Otis was out of bullets and not able to shoot him.

The whole thing is really ugly for sure, but in a way I understand why he did it. Meaning, I understand his train of thought, not that I think it's good.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #985
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

I think the dead bodies that hasn't turned were all people who had been shot in the head?

And I think the reason he only shot him in the leg was so he'd put up a fight and be a bigger distraction for Shane to escape.

There was an interesting moment when Shane falls and tells Otis "go without me!" And Otis is like "I'm not going to leave you!" And Shane's body language is realt revealing. Like he realizes they aren't both going to get away, and he was willing to sacrifice himself and let Otis take he supplies back, but knew that if they tried that they'd both die. I think that was the moment he decided to sacrifice Otis, so that he could get the supplies back to Carl. And I think he asked Otis how many rounds he had left in his gun so he could make sure Otis was out of bullets and not able to shoot him.

The whole thing is really ugly for sure, but in a way I understand why he did it. Meaning, I understand his train of thought, not that I think it's good.
I guess I didn't think about it that way. I just thought Shane was the worst kind of scumbag since Otis wouldn't leave him behind, but Shane was willing to sacrifice Otis.

The shot in the head thing was my theory too, but many of them don't have any evidence of head trauma. Unless I wasn't looking closely enough. But like all those dead bodies outside the hospital in the first episode- you think they were all shot in the head?

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #986
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive

I guess I didn't think about it that way. I just thought Shane was the worst kind of scumbag since Otis wouldn't leave him behind, but Shane was willing to sacrifice Otis.

The shot in the head thing was my theory too, but many of them don't have any evidence of head trauma. Unless I wasn't looking closely enough. But like all those dead bodies outside the hospital in the first episode- you think they were all shot in the head?
I'm thinking all of those bodies outside of the hospital were the patients? Because remember in one of the flashbacks where Shane was trying to get Rick out but thought he was dead? He looked in the hall and the military (or whoever they were) were shooting the patients all lined up. That's just my guess though.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #987
BoyCrazy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: The Walking Dead

They said on an early episode of Talking Dead that the dead bodies that didn't turn were brain damaged. So I would assume that the bodies they show in cars probably died of a head trauma like in a crash. It's not always obvious to look at them especially when they've been rotting for a while.
BoyCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #988
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy
They said on an early episode of Talking Dead that the dead bodies that didn't turn were brain damaged. So I would assume that the bodies they show in cars probably died of a head trauma like in a crash. It's not always obvious to look at them especially when they've been rotting for a while.
Very interesting. Yeah, there have been several dead in cars with no sign of being shot in the head but the brain damage thing (from a crash) makes a lot of sense.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #989
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyCrazy
Oh ok that makes sense.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #990
Jackalopekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The Walking Dead

My DH and I just had our baby in Oct and started watching this season of Walking Dead a couple of weeks ago. I loved the first few episodes back in season 1 but I thought the writing got pretty horrible, especially the farm episodes. I'm so glad this season is a little better, and the acting is better too. But MAN, I want TV Rick to die. He's such a great character in the books, but I just can't take Andrew Lincoln's over-emphasized melodramatic speeches for...another...tortured...husky-voiced...spacey-eyed...furrowed-eye-browed...minute.

Looking forward to tomorrow!
Jackalopekat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain eating zombies, they are all infected!, zombie feces