Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
megsd11
Registered Users

New and Sensitive Baby....Help!

I just started cloth diapering my second little one because she seems to react to every disposable we have tried on her. However I am finding that she can only use the cotton lined diapers or prefolds with a cover. I find the prefolds with a cover are very bulky, I have the Flip Organic system and found it so bulky on her I went out and bought Bummis prefolds to go inside the flip instead. I am hoping that there may be something less bulky out there that is cotton or maybe even bamboo. She seems to be ok with that as well. Can anyone give some ideas for me before I go broke trying different systems?

Advertisement

megsd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Re: New and Sensitive Baby....Help!

Swaddlebees Simplex or Nan's Bottoms.
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

How big is she? Swaddlebees simplex is a great idea. Also imagine diapers has newborn bamboo AIOs. They also have OS if she is big enough. What type of wipes are you using? My LO had a raw bumpy hiny until I stopped using disposable wipes. Now I use flannel with LuSa Wipe juice, no more raw tush! Some good came from it though, the wipe juice and cloth wipes were the things that lead to me using cloth dipes... And now I'm hooked :-)
Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

have you only tried infant size prefolds? depending on how young dd2 is (I'm reading this as newborn), you can get sized prefolds. I like prefolds because you can really wash that cotton without worrying about the cover- and pretty cost effective even going with newborn sized- you can sell off for next size or keep to double for overnight. I'd suggest hand washing a couple newborn covers at night after alternating 2 (but have to have more for explosions), so its possible to get by with fewer. I was a baby who couldn't wear disposables (a long time ago obviously) so even though there are lots more options now, this is near and dear to me

good luck!

Last edited by c&w's mama; 12-04-2012 at 09:12 AM.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:16 AM   #5
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think sized prefolds or flats would be much less bulky. I would recommend GMD or Diaper Junction.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Floursack towels work well as flats for younger babies and are alot trimmer than pfs.... oh, and CHEAP so if you don't like them, you're not really out much money and they are awesome kitchen towels.
I actually sewed my own inserts using floursacks and hemp doublers bc I didn't like folding. Alva bamboo inserts are super trim, too... we LOVED LOVED them for ds' ultra sensitive bottom. FYI: my son is highly allergic to sposie dipes and wipes bc of the chemcals, perfumes and dyes.... also has sensitivities to microfiber soakers and microfleece inners in alot of cds. We've used cotton, bamboo and hemp with no issues.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #7
megsd11
Registered Users

Thanks everyone!!!! SHe is 3 and a half months, i would say about 13 pounds but everything just is so bulky. I haven't tried the newborn size ones but maybe i will... I am dying to get something thats not so bulky but is cotton or bamboo. Also never thought to try hemp inserts! thanks for the tips!
megsd11 is offline   Reply With Quote