Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #1
donnyandmelissa
Registered Users
seller

~~ So what are you getting your baby for christmas? My son will be 5 months ~~

I am clueless. But we are HUGE gift givers in our family. So the older kids buy presents for everyone. I have 4 year old daughter and 11 year old son who will be buying him a present and then we have to get him at least one and then one from santa.

So that is 4 presents we have to get him plus grandpa and aunt too. I know we will be buying him a jumperoo/activity center thing. But I am unsure of which one. Plus he will be too little for it for a little bit.

We don't do practical things for christmas like clothes, socks, pj's, cloth diapers (lol) so I just don't know we had Jan. and Feb. babies before so they were almost a year during christmas time.

Any ideas, spam, links? would be helpful!

Advertisement

Mommy to Kane 10, Emily 3, Avery 3 months and wife to a AWESOME husband. We're a Cloth diapering, babywearing, extended breastfeeding, extended rear facing, non vaccinating, co sleeping, delaying solids family but most importantly a New testament Christian which means we speak where the bible speaks & are silent where the bible is silent.
donnyandmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #2
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ~~ So what are you getting your baby for christmas? My son will be 5 months ~~

All 3 of my kids love this mirror---I'd get kiddo this... My 4 year old still plays with it, and the 8 month old plays with it all day too.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 11-16-2011 at 04:41 PM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #3
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: ~~ So what are you getting your baby for christmas? My son will be 5 months ~~

hmm what did DD like at 5 mths? Do you have a sophie? She couldn't quite sit on her own yet, but wanted too so a bumbo was nice! She still loved her floor play mat too. Anything that felt different or weird she liked. That is the month we got her a crib too. Maybe a good excuse for a cute diaper or 2? What about a convertible carseat? Something you will likely be looking at in a few months anyway if he is in an infant bucket. I don't know!
Old 11-17-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
I purchased wooden keys as our (will be 5mo) son's one and only present.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would just do small, chewable toys. Like wooden keys, wooden ring, teething stuff. A nice carrier for him to ride in, a tickety-bu blanket to snuggle with? Babies don't know/don't care about how many/how much you get them. My DD will be 7 months and I honestly hadn't even considered getting her anything, lol.
Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am getting my newbie Sophie the Giraffe, possibly a splurge diaper or 2 and making him an OBV lovey. He will be 5 1/2 wks then.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
donnyandmelissa
Registered Users
seller

Lots of great ideas! Thank you! I love that Music mirror thing!
Mommy to Kane 10, Emily 3, Avery 3 months and wife to a AWESOME husband. We're a Cloth diapering, babywearing, extended breastfeeding, extended rear facing, non vaccinating, co sleeping, delaying solids family but most importantly a New testament Christian which means we speak where the bible speaks & are silent where the bible is silent.
donnyandmelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:24 AM   #8
NorahsMom
Registered Users
seller

I'm a jerk. I don't buy much for little babies. We have plenty of toys and they couldn't care less anyway. I buy a couple little baby toys (I'm talking, like, under $5 each) so they having something to unwrap and fiddle with, but that's about it. Sorry, not a lot of help for your situation.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:26 AM   #9
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorahsMom
I'm a jerk. I don't buy much for little babies. We have plenty of toys and they couldn't care less anyway. I buy a couple little baby toys (I'm talking, like, under $5 each) so they having something to unwrap and fiddle with, but that's about it. Sorry, not a lot of help for your situation.
Same here.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:53 AM   #10
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You could get a couple of things that he won't be able to play with until he's older. He will appreciate them when he gets to be about a year, and until then, you could put them up.

When my son started sitting up on his own, I got him this: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 He still plays with it. You can have it so it just sits on the floor, or it stands on the floor with legs, so it's great for a lot of different ages.

He also loves his wagon. At that age, he loved his Sophie. You could also get him a cute stuffed animal or a soft blanket.

DS was 3.5 months for Christmas last year, and will be 15.5 months at Christmas this year. I didn't get him anything last year ... and since he will be overwhelmed with presents from my in-laws this year, I bet I won't get him anything. BUT for his birthday, I got him a stuffed Elmo (which he loves) and a Bilibo (not a great purchase).