Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #121
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Here is the OP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZZberry View Post
Disclaimer: This is just my personal and intimate experience with male circumcision. I have posted parts of it in different threads but I want to have it in one place. Male circumcision is a very emotive issue for me and it took a lot of courage for me to post this. Please, no flaming or harsh comments. My only hope is that others can learn from my experience. Please bare with me and read the entire post before commenting. Thank you.
ts.

I welcome any questions that are polite and respectful. If your story is similar, please feel free to share your experience with circumcision, too. I do not want this to turn into a debate so if you do not have any positive input please move along. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissed by the Moon View Post
I think what you are posting is rude, actually. Everyone IS entitled to their opinion and being that this is a heated topic, it's one that everyone should remain respectful during. Once it turns to emotions only, the rationalization goes away. I prefer facts to playing the blame game.

She is stating her opinion, which is obviously the minority in this thread. I don't see a problem with it, but I do have a problem with how you are attacking her. You don't know her motivations. I doubt she cares if people share their personal stories or not, but she is also entitled to her opinion if other are.
Do you really think that pcjs is respecting her? And here is a quote from pcjs which is exactly what I was saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcjs View Post
I hope the this and all threads like this do get locked
I'm trying to let this mama share her story and help others make a better choice for them and their son. But, I'm being rude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2kaitlyn View Post
Wow!
No one is trying to prevent knowledge or stories be known. Both sides should be shown if you want someone to make an informed decision.

Neither way is the absolute perfect answer!

I have a story about someone that HAD to be circ'd! Yes that does happen!

There are many things when it comes to parenting where you have to just weigh the risks to both sides and make the choice your comfortable with. This happens many times over!
She had specifically asked for similar stories to be shared and pcjs did not share a story. Here are her 2 posts:
Quote:
What about just respecting others decisions to make appropriate choices for their kids? Having these bashing sessions is not respecting others choices, religious, cultural or personal choices.
Quote:
So, with everything you give your child choices? Humm... no. There are some things in life we as parents make choices for our kids for. I don't know one person in real life who thinks this extremely. Everyone I know just asks more how, than debate it BUT no one ever asks each other if they were or were not. My son didn't want a hair cut today but needed one. So, I should just say ok. Humm, no. So, he doesn't want to go to bed. I should let him stay up till 2 AM? He doesn't want his diaper changed so I should just let him sit in his pee. Humm... no. So, he chooses to sit in the front seat, no car seat I should be ok with that. So, he chooses to run in front of a car and that is ok too as only his opinion matters and he says its ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZZberry View Post
These sound like ritorical questions...

As much as I appreciate all opinions and input, I do not appreicate this. I feel that this comment is harsh and uncalled for. Please remember that this thread is to share MY story and to share information. I want it to be a safe place for mommies to comment and who have similiar stories about circumcision. Please respect this. Thank you.
I know mama. I'm just trying to help you share your story and let it live past 1 day so others can see it also. But, apparently I'm the one who is being rude.

Quote:
No, I'm posting because everyone needs to respect everyone else's choices regardless of if they agree with them. It is not beyond ridiculous just because you don't agree with my parenting choices. I may not agree with many of yours, but I don't condemn your parenting practices or any else's and support the choices they make as its best for their children and family. As a parent, I make choices for my child that he/she may or may not agree with. Its called parenting.

You are trying to prevent opposing positions. The "knowledge" and "stories" have been said many times before and this is basically turning into we are superior because we do XXX.

I hope the this and all threads like this do get locked as this is supposed to be a community that supports each other and there is a clear non-support on several topics including this one.
You are the one who is not respecting others' choice to leave their son intact. You have not shared a similar story or have done as OP had asked.

No one here said they are superior b/c they did not cut their son. They are sharing knowledge and stories to help spread the word. Infant circumcision is NOT a medical necessity and it doesn't have to be done just b/c it has always been done. That is why we need threads like these.

And, the last bolded proved my point. Thank you.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #122
hippiemama86
Registered
seller

My Mood:

My husband and my 2 year old son are both intact. I would NEVER have it any other way. I agree with you... I do not feel it's our decision to make. It's not our penis.
There are so many benefits to a whole penis... and so many complications can arise from circumcision. It's a sad and scary thing. I hate that so many people still torture their boys that way. I am SOOO glad you read up more, and decided to leave your 2nd little boy intact. It it were a case of my marriage, or my son being left as God made him, I'd choose a whole child. Thank goodness I wasn't faced with that decision. I'm so happy your hubs came around, and you guys have talked about this as a family. I'm so sorry it's caused to much hurt for you.
Proud mama to 1 ds (11-9-09) Married to my best friend ever!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #123
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post
I agree that we all need to be respectful to each other but OP was telling her story. This thread is about her, her DS and her DH. This thread was not meant to be a pro-circ/ anti-circ debate.

OP! You are very brave to tell your story. I'm sorry that its become a parenting debate instead of a support thread for your story.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 PM   #124
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thank you, to those of you who are contributing in a positve way. This is a very emotive issue for me and it's wonderful to know there are so many support and encouraging women on this board.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID
Old 11-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #125
bumminbeachbabe
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have no issue with people sharing their stories. It is how we learn and grow. I think what pcjs is saying is that when people start throwing around terms like torture and mutilation then it isn't just sharing. It's condemning parents who made the choice to circumcise.

Eta: OP, I'm very sorry for the trauma that you and your DS felt. Getting it out can be very therapuetic.

Last edited by bumminbeachbabe; 11-15-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:04 PM   #126
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea
The thing about intactivists' "intensity" is that once you get it, once you see what circumcision really is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to think, "Oh, it's just another of a million choices you have to make for a baby." I spent most of my life thinking that circumcision was normal and necessary. Then I spent a few months thinking that either was a fine decision, because there were so many conflicting opinions. Then one night, it came to me: he was going to be born with a foreskin, so god or nature thought it needed to be there, and it wasn't my body, and it wasn't my choice. That was when I told dh no way, no how, divorce me. Even still, it took me longer to get so passionate. Every human being has a right to his or her whole body. Period.

As for car seat evangelism, I REALLY do not get why people get offended by this. We turned ds1 and ds2 forward at one year because we didn't know any better. When we learned that ERFing was safer, we kept dd and ds3 RFing for much longer. There was no drama, no "feeling attacked" by car seat evangelists. I was just happy that I learned how my kids could be even safer in the car. I suspect that people that get offended by this are insecure. Having my kids front-facing at age 1 didn't mean I was a bad mom - it just meant I didn't know. There was no shame in it - just always trying to learn and grow and do our best. Letting ego get in the way of doing what's right by a child is silly.
Very much agree with this! I feel.guilt for not researching car seats with my dd. She was turned before she was one. Thankfully nothing happened and I learned. My ds will be ERF until he outgrows his Radian. Luckily I did my research before I circ my son. I could never take that back. My DH was against it. My family was against it. But we couldn't afford it and it ended the argument. Now I'm so happy our insurance didn't cover it because it would have been done if they did.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #127
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hope the OP doesn't mind my sharing this...

I advised her to start a thread after a discussion she and I had earlier. She had a lot on her heart and wanted to share but was doing so in a way that had ruffled some feathers unintentionally (a pretty easy thing to do when it comes to circumcision as we all know after spending any length of time on here!)

This thread is NOT one to debate circumcision in. The OP politely stated this several times.

I am posting publicly to remind everyone this is not a debate.

I am locking this for a bit so this post is seen.

Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #128
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

This thread makes me sad. I feel for the OP. My son is circumcised and had no problems whatsoever, but I would likely not do it again if I were to do things over. That said, it's unfair to PCJS for people to jump all over her when there are those on the thread throwing around words like "mutilation" and "torture". That's really hurtful to me as a mother who chose to circumcise. I do not feel like I tortured him. I made what I believed to be the best decision at the time. Please be sensitive to other mothers besides just the OP in understanding that no one sets out to intentionally "torture" their newborn through circumcision. So, if you would like to share facts and information, try to do so in a supportive way without judgement. Thanks....

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
Old 11-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #129
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

Great post, dancer - I agree. While they say this isn't a debate, it seems they're simply looking for a way to slam circumcision and those that believe in it without allowing those individuals to offer their opinions and experiences.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #130
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

...or even to offer facts for that matter.
Closed Thread