Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2011, 09:08 AM   #131
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamina
Great post, dancer - I agree. While they say this isn't a debate, it seems they're simply looking for a way to slam circumcision and those that believe in it without allowing those individuals to offer their opinions and experiences.
The op just wanted to share her story. She asked for it to not be a debate and for people to share similar stories. If you don't have a similar story to share you shouldn't be posting here at all....just my two cents.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 09:22 AM   #132
EuphoricDysphoria
Registered Users
Formerly: laubear
seller
seller

My Mood:
To the OP-

You said you were concerned about what you will say to each boy about why their penis' look different and I just had to chime in.

DH has 5 brothers. 3 are circumcised and 2 are not. He has no idea who is and who isn't. I don't know if it's because hes not observant or it didnt matter to him much as a child. But i do know he's never cared.

You have to forgive yourself for the choice you made to have DS1 circumcised. You really do. You made the best decision with the information you had at that moment! Hind sight is always different.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #133
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuphoricDysphoria View Post
To the OP-

You said you were concerned about what you will say to each boy about why their penis' look different and I just had to chime in.

DH has 5 brothers. 3 are circumcised and 2 are not. He has no idea who is and who isn't. I don't know if it's because hes not observant or it didnt matter to him much as a child. But i do know he's never cared.

You have to forgive yourself for the choice you made to have DS1 circumcised. You really do. You made the best decision with the information you had at that moment! Hind sight is always different.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I glad to hear the difference didn't matter. That's very reassuring.

I am working on forgiving myself. It will take time.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID
Old 11-17-2011, 09:50 AM   #134
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever

I was actually asking the general population around here. You just summed it up nicely for me. I apologize if it seemed I was asking you personally. I wasn't.
Its cool no hard feelings from me DS is seriously the only adult interaction I get so I try not to be nasty or hold any grudges we are all parents who love their kids regardless of any personal decisions we make for the. We all want what is best.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using DS Forum
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #135
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If anyone feels unsure of sharing their story here, please feel free to send me a PM. I would love to chat with you. Even thought this thread got away from me and got slightly off track, I am still finding it very helpful. Sharing my story is very healing for me and I really do appreciate the input. It's nice to see it's turning back around and becoming polite, again.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:54 AM   #136
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZZberry View Post
There is no secrecy here. Accurate information is valuable. Out of all due respect, you don't know the whole story of our PM. I was thanking her for her information and asking for information on vaginal nerve damage. Please don't make me out to me an antagonist. I just needed a safe place to share my story.
You are right, I have no idea what you both said in your PMs... none. I'm only going off of what she said which was that you invited her back after she "bowed out".
Old 11-17-2011, 09:55 AM   #137
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin-mylilguy View Post
You are right, I have no idea what you both said in your PMs... none. I'm only going off of what she said which was that you invited her back after she "bowed out".
Thank you for this.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #138
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Yes, please let's all try to be nice, on both sides, and respect that this as my story. Please, ladies.
this was supposed to be a cathartic and healing thread for the OP... Not a debate.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #139
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
this was supposed to be a cathartic and healing thread for the OP... Not a debate.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 AM   #140
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I welcome any questions that are polite and respectful. If your story is similar, please feel free to share your experience with circumcision, too. I do not want this to turn into a debate so if you do not have any positive input please move along. Thank you.
The OP said that she welcomes polite respectful questions, too. (No debate, though) And she wants similar stories to be shared.