Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #161
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Oh, I certainly understand the point. Posting a crude, insensitive, inaccurate comparison that puts the life of my child on the same level as foreskin is in poor taste, and in no way does it support the OP in her journey to healing either, whether she "appreciates" it or not.

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #162
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

the person doesn't want to circ again just as the other person would hope to not ever have a miscarriage again. the only difference is one can be controlled and one can't. I really don't think it needs to be analyzed down to every minute detail though.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #163
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

And I also think comparing circumcision to a hair cut is offensive, but I'm not all up in arms about it...so whatever.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:41 AM   #164
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpforever View Post
If you are going to compare circ to miscarriage, then do it completely. In this case, a mother posting about her traumatic miscarriage would also post, "I can't believe I allowed myself to ever get pregnant! I will never, ever get pregnant again!" What would the proper way to support this attitude be?
And why in the world would you NOT support her in that decision? Having had 4 losses I would completely understand a woman not being willing to open her self up to that kind of pain again. I lost three before I had my oldset son and I seriously considered permanent BC.

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #165
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

And just to be clear, what you're saying/doing is absolutely contradictory. The point that you're now trying to convey is, "Well I've had a miscarriage too, and I'm not offended by the comparison of circumcision and miscarriage." Your original disagreement was with the fact that people are saying, "Well I had my son circumcised and I had no problems whatsoever."
Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #166
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCgirl_05 View Post
the person doesn't want to circ again just as the other person would hope to not ever have a miscarriage again. the only difference is one can be controlled and one can't. I really don't think it needs to be analyzed down to every minute detail though.
One can be controlled? No, both can be controlled. Don't want to miscarry again? Don't ever get pregnant again. Don't want to experience a traumatic circumcision again? Don't circumsize again.

I'd be willing to bet good money that there is a higher m/c rate than traumatic circ rate.

Last edited by mcpforever; 11-17-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #167
USMCgirl_05
Banned

My Mood:

I was saying I've also had a miscarriage and I don't think there is any problem with my comparison. I did not come into this thread to post about the opposite of what the OP is asking for like other people seem to want to do. In both cases something is lost that can never be gotten back. Who are you to say that someone cannot be as upset or hurt over a circumcision than a miscarriage?
Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #168
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
Oh, I certainly understand the point. Posting a crude, insensitive, inaccurate comparison that puts the life of my child on the same level as foreskin is in poor taste, and in no way does it support the OP in her journey to healing either, whether she "appreciates" it or not.
Clearly you DON'T understand the point.

You have a right to your opinion. I disagree wholeheartedly but you have a right to feel that way.

But you have NO no right to say whether or not the OP feels supported in her healing by the statement either. That would be personal to her. And putting 'appreciates' in quotes in an attempt to invalidate her feeling is rude.

Last edited by Joyful Tie Dyes; 11-17-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #169
CrazyBoysMamma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
And who are you to decide whether the OP feels supported? I really don't think it's appropriate for people to come in this thread and get all offended by people who are supporting the OP, who started this thread as a way to work through the issues she is having dealing with a mistake she feels she made. I believe the suggestion was made before that if everyone wants to discuss their fabulous circ experiences, another thread would be more appropriate.

Will you be my Swag friend? Pretty please?http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CrazyBoysMamma
Old 11-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #170
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to apologize to the OP for my part in getting the thread off track. It was not my intent at all and again I'm sorry for that.

I'm so glad to see it was reopened and you are able to continue to share your story and knowledge with others. Like I said before, these threads is what helped me become more informative in the matter and NOT have my son circ'd. So thank you for that!
Closed Thread