Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
ITA. I think when people first find out they are intactivists they are extra gung-ho. And it can be overwhelming. It is a very serious issue to many, but you are totally right, a little compassion and caring can go a long way

I find myself rolling my eyes at the car seat activist crowd for the same reasons It's not that they are wrong, they are just intense!
Because like OP, it is something they (we) are very passionate about. Carseat safety was not the least of my concern before I got prego, then I started researching a little and now it is my passion and hobby.

We are having our first (and likely only) son. We both talked about it and agreed that there was no reason for us to make that choice for him, so we are going to leave him whole. He can choose differently later if he wants, and we will support him 100%. His body, his choice. And he will be different from dad, but that's ok, they will be different in many ways anyway.

Advertisement

Last edited by solarbabies; 11-15-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
hibiscus869
Registered Users

You're very brave to share this. My DH grew up in a culture that does not circumcise unless it's for religious reasons and he was the one that insisted our son be left intact. It's a very personal decision, but I'm embarrassed to say I was clueless about it. My dh changed my view on that.

Last edited by hibiscus869; 11-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Post Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Quote:
ITA. I think when people first find out they are intactivists they are extra gung-ho. And it can be overwhelming. It is a very serious issue to many, but you are totally right, a little compassion and caring can go a long way

I find myself rolling my eyes at the car seat activist crowd for the same reasons It's not that they are wrong, they are just intense!
I am very passionate about carseats as well but I am too much of an introvert to approach strangers. I do however school my family and friends My sister is getting ready to have her first and I have given her the appropriate car seat usage spcheel (is that how you spell it???) I don't know if she will want to extended reaf face or not but I do want to make sure she knows how to properly install the car seat and buckle the baby in safely, the rest is up to her to decide. I also briefly discussed my experience with circumcision with her in case she found out baby was a boy (but it's a girl!) and just told her why I felt the way I did and that it was something she should definitely do some research on. I was pleased to find out she had already done some research!!!

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Old 11-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
nada87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Op your post is the reason I couldn't circumsize (sp?) DS. DH was for it (even though he is intact) but I couldn't stand the thought of him being in pain. Hugs for having gone through that!

I'm on my phone and the touchscreen hates me so my posts are short, to the point and probably misspelled.

I FOUND MY RAINBOW, NOW I AM CHASING MY POT OF GOLD
Old 11-15-2011, 12:59 PM   #15
AleahDeann
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Great story, so glad you shared. I think more mamas from both sides should share like this. I fully respect everyone's decisions, for us our DS's are both circ'd and so is DH. None have had or did have any issues. I applaud you mama for being so strong and sticking to your gut even when your DH did not agree. Way to go!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
When I first read that quickly I thought you ended with insane... HA!

Intense is a much more fitting word though.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

Old 11-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #17
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

mama, thanks for posting.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
elkay724
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nice to meet you! So glad you shared your story!
Old 11-15-2011, 01:52 PM   #19
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, ladies!

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID
Old 11-15-2011, 02:07 PM   #20
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I had my oldest circ'ed against my better judgement. His bio dad and the Dr were against me 14 years ago. It was awful. He had so many issues, including pain when healing, UTIs and YIs while in diapers than none of my intact boys had/have. It is an emotional subject to me as well.

I can say that my oldest says he "likes" his penis better than his brothers' (he asked at 11 yrs old when I had his first brother what was wrong with his penis) penises. I told him that it was no longer recommended to cut a male, as the penis is fine the way it is. My DH is also happy he is circ'd while I am not. I have 2 intact sons and a 3rd intact son on the way. I told my DH that circing our sons was not going to happen EVER and if he did not like that, not to have children with me.
Closed Thread