Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 PM   #41
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
Because they cannot see past their cultural blinders. All their lives they have been told, tacitly, via locker room stories, etc., that the foreskin is superfluous, unnecessary, dirty, gross and has to be removed. Most people are not curious enough to challenge any culturally-received information.

Now, someone is going to come here and say how male and female circumcision are not the same, that it is terrible for the woman, that she can never have an orgasm, that it is done to control women's sexuality, etc. What this person does not know is that they are exactly the same. Most female circumcisions remove only the clitoral hood and are done by doctors in clean hospitals or offices. This is exactly the same as male circumcision. Most circumcised women like sex just fine and have no problem orgasming. They think female circumcision is really important and necessary. Some men have very little sensation left because of their circumcision, and have trouble orgasming. Male circumcision was also explained as a way to control make sexuality, both in medieval times by a Jewish rabbi and in the 1800s by US doctors. That was the entire point - make sex less pleasurable. They are EXACTLY the same.
Do you have any credible resources on this information (female circumcision) because I am truly interested. I did a small amount of research on this topic in college for a sociology class but I never came across anything that suggested the removal was done in a clean, hospital-like environment in *most* cases. Quite the opposite.

I don't see female & male circumcision the same. I'm very open-minded, so I don't mind hearing another perspective, though.

Can someone explain to me how it effects a woman, if a man is circumcised? I would like to understand this if someone is willing to explain.

I also think some people are lumping those who choose to circ in one big bad group of uninformed idiots with "cultural blinders" who don't take the time to read.... Ever heard that you attract more flies to honey than vinegar? If you truly want to *educate* people, it usually goes over better when they don't feel like they have to defend themselves with a giant shield from your verbal knives coming at them.... just sayin'

Advertisement

Last edited by colin-mylilguy; 11-15-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #42
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

WoW. Your post almost made me cry. VERY powerful and beautifully articulated. Thank you for sharing.

Both of my boys are intact, I am thankful that my very pro-circ husband didn't push the issue too much.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:44 PM   #43
melissamomof3girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for sharing. I am all full of tears reading your story. I am so so thankful the Lord led us to research and quite easily realize it was best to leave our ds the way God made him.

Everyone we know but one person thinks we are nuts! We discovered ds is allergic to sposies after we used them on a vacation this summer. His parts swell up like a balloon and get red and very sore from them. Anyway, I went in to the local health food store to see if she had an ointment for him...I got a lecture why I should have circumcised him!!!! FROM A HEALTH FOOD STORE!!! I will never ever go back to that store. I was so upset. She actually told me the reason Moses had the people do it is for health reasons. I'm not sure what Bible she reads, but I know mine says it was a covenant, a sign between them and God. Not to mention their circumcision is nowhere near what they do today.

Anyway, I also have a friend who told me she witnessed her three son's having it done and it "was no big deal". I'll never wrap my head around that one. How is that not a big deal?
Old 11-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #44
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZZberry View Post
To be perfectly honest, I'm dreading the conversation where my son asks me why he was circumcised. I am afraid I will cry. That's a few years from now, though, and maybe by then I will have a better handle on the topic. Have you explained to your circ'd son that he may loose sensitivity when he is older? That's what's happening to my husband.
I have explained to him that he may not be as sensitive as other men, like his brothers, who still have their foreskin. He at 14 does not seem to care I can tell you that I am/was way more upset about this issue than my son. Boys like what they got for the most part and are usually (at least with my own personal experience with men and male children) concerned with how big it is then anything else.

You have to remember that as men age their testosterone lowers and nerve endings are not as good as they once were. This can make it harder to get an erection, keep an erection, and to ejaculate over time. I do think that the high rate of circ'ing in our generation has lead to many of the ED issues that men are having today.

We have talked about what foreskin is for and what issues can arise from not having it. He seems okay with it now, but again he is only 14 and thinks his penis rocks the Casba!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #45
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin-mylilguy View Post
Do you have any credible resources on this information (female circumcision) because I am truly interested. I did a small amount of research on this topic in college for a sociology class but I never came across anything that suggested the removal was done in a clean, hospital-like environment in *most* cases. Quite the opposite.

I don't see female & male circumcision the same. I'm very open-minded, so I don't mind hearing another perspective, though.

Can someone explain to me how it effects a woman, if a man is circumcised? I would like to understand this if someone is willing to explain.

I also think some people are lumping those who choose to circ in one big bad group of uninformed idiots with "cultural blinders" who don't take the time to read.... Ever heard that you attract more flies to honey than vinegar? If you truly want to *educate* people, it usually goes over better when they don't feel like they have to defend themselves with a giant shield from your verbal knives coming at them.... just sayin'

Sure, I would be happy to explain. The foreskin, is a gliding mechanism. Without it, friction and dryness occur.

Please see these links to learn more-

http://www.sexasnatureintendedit.com/

http://journal.nzma.org.nz/journal/116-1181/595/

http://www.examiner.com/family-healt...mment=34449916

From a purely biological standpoint, the clitoral hood and the foreskin are comprised on the same tissue, nerves, and structure. They are of different size but generate the same sensation and serve a similar purpose. Therefore, many (myself included) feel that male and female circumcision are equivalent.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID

Last edited by RaZZberry; 11-15-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:02 PM   #46
addicteddad
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyluna View Post
Honestly, I feel that when people compare female circ with male circ, they lose credibility. They are not the same. We spoke with several doctors about this issue and did a lot of research, so I dislike it when people assume/imply I'm ignorant or uninformed.

I'm not pro-circ, but my son was circ'd. His father is Jewish, and it was important to him. I dont think (at least, I hope) this is true of Diaper Swappers mamas, but a lot of anti-circ groups have roots in anti-semitism.

To the OP, thank you for sharing your story. I can't imagine seeing my DS in pain like that either.
Like which ones?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:04 PM   #47
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, you all are wonderful.

Last edited by RaZZberry; 11-15-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 PM   #48
aumismommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

RaZZberry - thank you. Truly, thank you. That was very courageous to post your story the way you did. I hope you continue to share your story with those that are willing and ready to hear it.

ISO: Ring Sling WC, Soft Star Shoes (brand) shoes size 8/9 (toddler) or infant
Old 11-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #49
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamomof3girls View Post
Thank you for sharing. I am all full of tears reading your story. I am so so thankful the Lord led us to research and quite easily realize it was best to leave our ds the way God made him.

Everyone we know but one person thinks we are nuts! We discovered ds is allergic to sposies after we used them on a vacation this summer. His parts swell up like a balloon and get red and very sore from them. Anyway, I went in to the local health food store to see if she had an ointment for him...I got a lecture why I should have circumcised him!!!! FROM A HEALTH FOOD STORE!!! I will never ever go back to that store. I was so upset. She actually told me the reason Moses had the people do it is for health reasons. I'm not sure what Bible she reads, but I know mine says it was a covenant, a sign between them and God. Not to mention their circumcision is nowhere near what they do today.

Anyway, I also have a friend who told me she witnessed her three son's having it done and it "was no big deal". I'll never wrap my head around that one. How is that not a big deal?
You are right. Also, once Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, circumcision was no longer necessary to be a christian. My midwife is Jewish and she did not have her son circumcised. So sorry a health food store worker made you feel that way.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #50
bessaroni
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel so lucky that my son has had no issues with his circumcision but I do feel guilty that I didn't do my research before he had it done. I just did it cause that is what people did It is amazing how ignorant I was about the whole thing.
Need cute wall decals? Mention DiaperSwappers and get 15% off at WillowCreekSigns.
Closed Thread