Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #51
jj7202
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for this! I have horrible guilt over our sons forskin removal!! I am extra sensitive to it today as we had his second retraction done at the ped clinic he is 19 months old and I push on his penis every diaper change and I am clearly not doing it right because he is still getting adhesions. I just called my husband balling my eyes out saying I will never forgive myself for not educating myself on the ramifications of circumcision and I will never let another son of mine ( in the event that we are blessed with another boy) go through this barbaric torture!

And thank you for the statement about painful sex. I have always thought it was me. Now I believe it could be from my husbands circ. I feel horrible about what I have robbed from my son and his future partner.

Advertisement

Old 11-15-2011, 04:26 PM   #52
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.
Re: Circumcision has profoundly affected every member of my family...

Circumcision is not the norm here in Europe. i had thought it was the norm from my experiences growing up in the US and never second guessed doing it to my son as well. My husband said over his dead body and stated very clearly he would walk out the door with DS and never look back if I so much as attempted to circ him.

The more i researched I to came to a like conclusion and we did not circ our son, but I had never given it a second thought before hand. Here it is not even offered in the hospital you have to seek out a surgeon and pay out of pocket as it is not covered under health insurance. I was not even asked about it at birth or by my pediatrician.

I know some hospitals near US bases do offer it, but for Europeans it is very rare and mainly practiced for relgious reasons.

Thank you for sharing your story. No judgements here
Old 11-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #53
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj7202 View Post
Thank you for this! I have horrible guilt over our sons forskin removal!! I am extra sensitive to it today as we had his second retraction done at the ped clinic he is 19 months old and I push on his penis every diaper change and I am clearly not doing it right because he is still getting adhesions. I just called my husband balling my eyes out saying I will never forgive myself for not educating myself on the ramifications of circumcision and I will never let another son of mine ( in the event that we are blessed with another boy) go through this barbaric torture!

And thank you for the statement about painful sex. I have always thought it was me. Now I believe it could be from my husbands circ. I feel horrible about what I have robbed from my son and his future partner.
The realization of the sexual problem is new for me, too. It's almost a relief to know that I am not the issue. For so long, I thought there was something wrong with me.

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID

Last edited by RaZZberry; 11-15-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:35 PM   #54
loonyluna
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicteddad

Like which ones?
I'm think of MGMBill.org and others involved with the circ ban in SF. I should say individuals within these groups, bc I obviously don't know for a fact that everyone involved is anti-Semitic. I just remember reading some appalling comments as well as seeing anti-Semitic propaganda associated with this movement.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:43 PM   #55
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyluna View Post
I'm think of MGMBill.org and others involved with the circ ban in SF. I should say individuals within these groups, bc I obviously don't know for a fact that everyone involved is anti-Semitic. I just remember reading some appalling comments as well as seeing anti-Semitic propaganda associated with this movement.
Okay, I see. From the research I've done, most pro genital integrity individuals are not anti semitic.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #56
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Thanks to the OP for sharing your story. If my oldest had been a boy I have no doubt we would have circ-ed and we would have regretted it. By the time I was pregnant with my 2nd (our first boy) I had friends that talked to me about not doing it and we decided that we'd leave our son intact. I have 4 intact boys and the thought of any of them having been circ'ed brings out the mama bear in me. I am so glad I learned about not circ'ing before my sons were born!
Old 11-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #57
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonyluna View Post
The vast majority of the circumcisions in the US are not done to Jewish babies. The proposed law was to ban non-therapeutic circumcisions of those under 18. Once they were 18, they could get circumcised. There was not an exception for religion because the federal law banning female circumcision does not make a religious exception, and because religion has never been a valid defense to harming one's child. See, for example, various decisions that a parent cannot withhold medical treatment that leads to death because of the parents' religion. Seeing as we have yet another baby boy dead from circumcision, you can see why they did not want a religious exception. Also, to exclude certain religions would, in fact, have violated the separation of church and state and privileged one religion over others.

As for anti-Semitism: I have been at this for a long time and have seen very little anti-Semitism. What I do see is that people get so upset over circumcision that they have very little patience for the argument "God told me I have to," especially when you see so many Christians claiming that the Bible tells them to circumcise. Sure, the old Testament does, but the new Testament specifically says not to. Then they say, "Well, I follow the parts of the Bible I like," of course leaving out all the lovely parts of the old Testament that tell you to kill your child for talking back, etc. Those parts they are free to ignore, but circumcision, they gotta do.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #58
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
The vast majority of the circumcisions in the US are not done to Jewish babies. The proposed law was to ban non-therapeutic circumcisions of those under 18. Once they were 18, they could get circumcised. There was not an exception for religion because the federal law banning female circumcision does not make a religious exception, and because religion has never been a valid defense to harming one's child. See, for example, various decisions that a parent cannot withhold medical treatment that leads to death because of the parents' religion. Seeing as we have yet another baby boy dead from circumcision, you can see why they did not want a religious exception. Also, to exclude certain religions would, in fact, have violated the separation of church and state and privileged one religion over others.

As for anti-Semitism: I have been at this for a long time and have seen very little anti-Semitism. What I do see is that people get so upset over circumcision that they have very little patience for the argument "God told me I have to," especially when you see so many Christians claiming that the Bible tells them to circumcise. Sure, the old Testament does, but the new Testament specifically says not to. Then they say, "Well, I follow the parts of the Bible I like," of course leaving out all the lovely parts of the old Testament that tell you to kill your child for talking back, etc. Those parts they are free to ignore, but circumcision, they gotta do.
What about just respecting others decisions to make appropriate choices for their kids? Having these bashing sessions is not respecting others choices, religious, cultural or personal choices.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:51 PM   #59
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I appreicate all of your input and thank you for keeping this thread respectful. I love seeing so many like minded mommas as well as varied opinions. With that said, it's okay to disagree because that's how we grow and learn. Just a reminder, though, this thread isn't meant to be a debate, I just needed to share my story and I don't want it to get locked. Thank you.

Last edited by RaZZberry; 11-15-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #60
nakia
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner99 View Post
Hi, and I agree 110%. People just do not realize what complications can arise, both in childhood and adulthood.
I agree. My ds was circ'd. The biggest mistake of my life. He's already had 2 corrective surgery. I wish I knew then what I do now.

As far as everyone being Anti-semitic, that's crazy. I was raised Jewish (I'm more UU now) and one of my close friends is Jewish and the biggest Anti-Circ advocate I've ever met. Not all Jews agree with circumcision!!!!!