Closed Thread Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

Re: S/O Thread : Share Positive Circ Stories

Well, this thread isn't going to go to a certain very hot place in a handbasket, no sir...

Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have 5 circ'd boys and soon to be 6th, and so far not a single problem with any of their circs. The first 2 were done at 2wks old in the hospital, the next was done at 7 days in the dr's office, and the last 2 were done in the hospital before we were released. Not sure on this one. We may have to wait until he's on his own insurance and not mine which I believe covers it? I dunno! Anyway, it's being done regardless.
It really freaked me out at first, it just looks awful, but when I was with my DS3 at the office when they did his, he screamed bloody murder from them strapping his legs down. He actually stopped crying during the procedure and not because he had to mentally escape the torture. He was perfectly fine after, they all ate well after, no adhesions or problems. My youngest did have that extra padding of fat on his pubic area and we had to make sure he was cleaned well, but that has nothing to do with his circ. Actually his hernia complicated that more than anything.
Anyway, I went through phases of regret with my twins but we have to make these choices for our children and hope we're doing the best for them. Some people feel this is abuse and mutilates their body, but some people feel that way about ear peircings and vaccines or eating meat. You can't win em all!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #13
LeslieT
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai_e View Post
I don't mind Leslie's post, other than "for no reason" as it is a bit inflammatory and untrue, given that all circs aren't for no reason but again, this isn't a debate thread.
It's neither inflammatory nor untrue that I circed my first son for no reason and had no reason to circ his brothers. Other people might have reasons, but I did not, and do not.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #14
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I have one son, he was circ'd in the hospital at 2 days old by an OB. No issues with healing, no diapering issues, and at 2 and a half, no issues now that he is potty trained. In fact he's quite proud at the distance he can get when watering the lawn.
There is one thing I would change, and that is that I specifically said I wanted my husband to be there with him, but he was at home showering when the doc did it really early in the morning (before his clinic hours I'm sure). But that is more of a patient request issue than an issue with the procedure itself.

And congratulations Elf! I didn't know you were expecting, so happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy to you!
Old 11-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #15
wlillie
Banned

My Mood:

I Love my husbands penis. And we have had no issues with my ds's circ. You won't hear a lot of stories because unless the decision is being attacked, most people who choose to circumcise their son are comfortable with it and most would do it again unless someone else tries to tell them they are mutilating their children. I believe that the studies showing HIV, HPV, UTI's, and penile cancer reductions are true and I'm sure my son won't care one way or the other as he grows up.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 PM   #16
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thing1 & Thing2 View Post
And congratulations Elf! I didn't know you were expecting, so happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy to you!
Thank you. I've not been horribly vocal about it here since I did have a m/c in June. Well, that and the fact that I haven't seen an OB yet at 16.5 weeks and I really want to hear it. Another two weeks wait.

Love all the stories. I really do hate when other people mess with it. Treat it like you would an intact penis, leave it alone, the adhesions will go away on their own at the normal time. If you mess with it you risk a re-circ or more adhesions.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #17
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasures From Elf

Thank you. I've not been horribly vocal about it here since I did have a m/c in June. Well, that and the fact that I haven't seen an OB yet at 16.5 weeks and I really want to hear it. Another two weeks wait.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:57 PM   #18
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think there are parents who are very happy with their sons circumcision - especially if it fixed a medical problem. I know some people want to believe that all penile/foreskin issues can be fixed with other treatment, but that isn't always true. I get confused with the anti circ rhetoric because it seems to contradict itself a lot - don't circ because it could lead to complications... But even if the circ turned out fine, then you still shouldn't circ because it's mutilation, akin to rape, torture, etc. ... The babies who cry during circ do so because it's painful... The ones who don't flinch or cry do so because its even more painful to them... You shouldn't circ because some babies only get sugar water... But even under general or with anesthetic you still shouldn't do it... I don't know why these points keep being argued, because it seems moot.

I know of a few adult males who have ongoing issues with their intact penises (their wives tell me ) so pulling back and washing doesn't always help everyone and intact doesn't always equal perfectly functional (in regard to sexual function).

Ok, that's not really a story, sorry. I just hate debates in which some people assume they know what is best for other peoples children, even though they have no clue about their health history or anything else.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #19
Dory
Registered Users
seller
seller

Peanut!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #20
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller